Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Years of Triumph for BAT - WIP!  (Read 25131 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
Years of Triumph for BAT - WIP!
« on: May 11, 2019, 07:52:43 AM »

I said it would and could never be done, updating my big Luftwaffe campaign "Years of Triumph" from DBW into the 4.12 universe. But two things made me change my mind: 1.) BAT 3.61, of course, which is a BIG step forward performance-wise, and of course comes with all those old BAT goodies as well, 2.) Forum member Willyp got in touch and told me that he had already made a basic but fully BAT-compatible version of the entire campaign!

So now I am glad to tell you all that the work has started to make a new, updated, revised, expanded and 100% BAT compatible version of this campaign! It WILL take some time (even though Willyp has made that wonderful ground work already) because this also has to be done:
  • Taxi-to-takeoff implemented in all mission
  • The new airfield ground detail that this requires will be added
  • Additional ground detail will also be added, to maps that are a little bare
  • The storyline will be updated
  • The aircraft density in most mission will be increased, in many instances doubled
  • The same goes for the ground activity
  • Many features only found in BAT will also be added - for instance the Flare object
  • A couple of brand new missions are also added - just for the fun of it
  • C&C Mod objects will be added to many mission, where it is appropriate

So you see this is not just a straight porting over of missions from DBW 4.10 to BAT, it is a remake, that will hopefully result in a bigger, better, bolder campaign, and this thanks to BAT 3.6. And I also see it as a possibility to showcase all the different aircraft and other wonderful additions to the game that comes with BAT. As with all of my recent campaigns, I will adhere to the dogma of only historical maps, only historical aircraft, only historical skins. (No stand-ins, no skin-hacks, no look-alike maps. Only the real deal!) But I will really try and take advantage of BAT's huge content and essentially showcase most of the aircraft types of both sides that were in operational use during these years.

The campaign as it comes now in its present 4.10 version consists of 103 mission. I plan to expand this into 180 132 missions. This is actually less fool-hardy than it sounds, as I will do this by adding my already existing Bf109 4.12 campaign "Operation Taifun". The campaign will thus have this structure:

• Spanish Civil War, March-May 1937 (Done!)
  • Fall Weiss - Invasion of Poland, September 1939 (Done!)
  • North Sea Battles, Autumn of 1939 (Done!)
  • Sitzkrieg - December 1939-April 1940 (Done!)
  • Fall Gelb - Invasion of Holland, May 1940 (Done!)
  • Battle for France May-June 1940 (Done!)
  • Battle of Britain July-October 1940 (Done!)
  • Battle over Malta, February-April 1941 (Done! By Edc)
  • The Invasion of Yugoslavia and Greece April 1941 Done!
  • North African Battles May-June 1941 (Done! By Edc)
  • Operation Barbarossa, June-September 1941 (Done! by Edc)
  • Operation Taifun, September-December 1941 Done![/i] by Edc)
  • Kanalkampf, January-April 1942
  • Fall Blau - Drive on Stalingrad, May 1942-January 1943

Of the above mentioned campaign segments all save one exist already. Those marked with a * have already been converted into 4.12, which should make the conversion work a bit quicker, the segment marked **, "Kanalkampf", is the only one that will have to be built from scratch.

But this will still take TIME. I make no excuses for that. Luckily for me I will get some help. Willyp will continue to assist me, while I understand that edc1 is already well underway in converting the North Africa Battles segment to BAT. Also Flying H has agreed to do some playtesting. And if there is anyone out there willing to chip in, you are more than welcome! (What is mainly wanted is people willing to do the dire work of A.) adding taxi-to-takeoff B.) adding all the ground detail that this requires.) Just drop me a PM! You will be fully credited!

This will take a couple of months, but with a bit of luck the new BAT version of "Years of Triumph" will be ready, say, in early autumn. In this thread I will try and update you on the progress of this work.

Thanks for looking and thanks for your encouragment!  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Vampire_pilot

Re: Years of Triumph for BAT - WIP!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 08:12:56 AM »

this is where BAT comes into motion! :D

most likely it will have a TGA and a WAW section?

heaven17

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 09:42:45 AM »

Poltava is one of the great mission & campaign builders of the community 8) 8)

This is an exciting announcement :) :)

Heaven17 :)

raptor_9090

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 10:33:14 AM »

HYPE INTENSIFIES   ;D

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 12:03:23 PM »

Years of awesomeness :)

Thanks for your continued work Poltava!
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

baggo

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2019, 01:08:35 PM »

Poltava ive flown a few of your missions and never been disappointed,keep up the good work its really appreciated. kev.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2019, 01:24:24 PM »

this is where BAT comes into motion! :D

most likely it will have a TGA and a WAW section?

Actually it will be all WAW! I've finished updating the Spanish Civil War segment already, and managed to find enough aircraft from the era in the WAW set to finish it without any major problems, for instance I replaced the I-15 with the I-15bis. And most of the aircraft the Condor Legion can be found in WAW!
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2019, 02:48:01 PM »

The Spanish Civil War segment is finished. Depicted in the 8 missions is the Nationalist offensive in Northern Spain, during the spring of 1937, against Bilbao and the Basque country. The German Condor Legion made an important contribution in securing this vital victory for Franco. You will meet a broad array of enemy aircraft: from more well-known types as the I-16, the I-15bis, the R-5 and the SB-2, to some lesser-known ones, like the Koolhoven FK51, the Bloch 210, the Potez 540, the Vickers Vildebeest and even the Boeing P-26, which was actually used in Spain. The map used is Northern Spain by Redeye Jir. Some screenies:

Staffel take-off

First wave of bombers hit Guernica

Stopping the ground support of the Reds

Patrol off the Basque coast

Thanks for looking  :)

JonRedcorn

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2019, 06:13:15 PM »

This is truly going to be a masterpiece.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 07:14:36 AM »

Fall Weiss - Invasion of Poland segment is finished. Depicted in the 5 missions is the fighting over Northern Poland and the so called "Polish Corridor" during the first days of september 1939, when the Second World War starts. The German forces in the air are formidable, but the Polish airforce is no push-over. Their aircraft were often obsolete, but many of the their pilots were better trained and more experienced than their German counterparts: many of their pilots had just entered the rapidly (some say too rapidly) expanded Luftwaffe. In this campaign segment you will meet aircraft seen nowhere else (like the PZL11c, the P7, the PZL 23, PZL37B, and RXIIID) but you will also see many German aircraft that were only use in this ealy phase of the war, like the Ju87A, the Hs123 and the Ju86. You will fly the Bf109-D, a small improvement over the Bf109-C you flew over Spain. The map used is EastBalt by Uzin. Some screenies:

September 1, 1939: WW2 is about to start, and fighter pilots start up their aircraft at a German forward air base

Dogfight over a Polish railways hub blown to smithereens by Luftwaffe bombers

Junkers Ju87A's attack Polish targets in Gdynia

Scratch one: another a brave Polish flyer falls to the guns of the Luftwaffe

Some of the dogfights are big, and quite challenging, as the Polish fighters are very nimble and many their pilots veterans.

Thanks for looking  :)

jt189

• Retired Warrior
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2019, 01:52:03 PM »

have this in other styles of il2 doing bat mostly now  should be great in bat

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2019, 01:39:33 AM »

It will be even better in BAT, believe me: more aircraft, bigger dogfights, many more aircraft types, better effects, more and better ground detail etc etc  ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 27 queries.