Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Valiant Never Taste Death - A Campaign for BAT!  (Read 2700 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
The Valiant Never Taste Death - A Campaign for BAT!
« on: May 03, 2019, 04:19:49 PM »

Yes, yet another one of my 4.10 campaigns have been transported into the BAT universe. This one is called "The Valiant Never Taste Death" and allows you to fly the Blenheim Mk IF during the months of May and June 1940.

This is a 11-mission static campaign portraying the aerial fighting during the Battle for France and the Low Countries and over the UK in May to June 1940. You are a RAF pilot in 600 Squadron, flying the Blenheim Mk IF heavy fighter. When the German Blitzkrieg starts your unit is based in Manston, on the English southwest coast, waiting to be put into action. Will the twin-engined Mk IF match your prime opponent, the dreaded German Bf110? Most missions will be in the daytime, over the continent. You will also participate in the savage aerial fighting over Dunkerque. There are also some night fighting to be done (with and without ground control help, using the C&C Mod), just as in real life.

You can download it here: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2049

As Gilb57:s great map is pretty demanding in itself on your computer, I have decided to leave out all action that you can't actually see (or possibly could see) from your cockpit. Also the amount of FLAK and movement of ground and sea units has also been kept down. What really counts is the action in the air, right?

Game settings: in a number of mission you will fly as a night fighter. If you want this to be a realistic (and exciting!) game experience, the game settings should look like this:
o   No Icons is set to ON
o   No Padlock is ON
o   Realistic Navigation is ON
o   No Map Icons is ON
o   No Player Map Icon is ON (or OFF if you are a bit inexperienced)
o   No Minimap Path is ON (or OFF if you are a bit inexperienced)
o   No Instant Success OFF

Included in this campaign is EIGHT SKINS, made by Phas3e, VP_media, Canon, Emel and Imme. Thanks guys for your GREAT work!

Another thing good to know is that the Game AI automatically knows your gun convergence, and responds accordingly! A trick to increase you chances is to set your convergence to 100 and then attack them at, say, 150. It will increase your chances a bit, especially against fighters.

Thanks for looking!  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Vampire_pilot

Re: The Valiant Never Taste Death - A Campaign for BAT!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 01:21:35 AM »

Very nice, keep them coming :D

henkypenky

• BAT 4.2 Flashpoint & WAW
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 03:07:18 AM »

Great, many thanks Poltava; very nice missions, great map now only we need periode true Blenheim Mk I skins as  default is not very good, with its red letters and underwing roundels.
(See my earlier request at https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,60107.msg662139.html#msg662139 )

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 05:17:25 AM »

Yes, they will  :) Perhaps now is the time for that dedicated sticky thread?
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

JonRedcorn

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 12:51:59 PM »

You are killing it, thank you to all that are contributing to these conversions!

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 02:13:34 AM »

Yes, they will  :) Perhaps now is the time for that dedicated sticky thread?

Make the collective topic as you see fit, I'll stick it once you made it.

JonRedcorn

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 10:11:39 AM »

That first mission, holy moly, the wind is insane, never dealt with anything like that in any mission. It will blow you way off course!!

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 01:42:46 PM »

That's truly great news, Poltava, I look forward to enjoying your campaigns in the B.A.T. environment,  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 24 queries.