Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Irritating pop-up messages  (Read 254 times)

oldschoolie

Irritating pop-up messages
« on: May 03, 2019, 06:28:39 AM »

Anyone able to help with how to get rid of annoying in-game messages which appear on the screen? For example "Rescap needed at map grid blah blah blah" which pops up at short intervals in SCW running in 4.10m. Drives me pottier than ever!

Gatrasz

• Supporter
  • Dead but dreaming...
Re: Irritating pop-up messages
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 07:21:43 AM »

Hi ! Could you give more details about the missions and the message(s) ?

RESCAP is part of Command & Control mod, and the pop up text is associated to a special type of mission where a downed pilot behind enemy lines will communicate with the player and await for pickup, so it's meant to be seen to give direction to the player and will then disappear after the pick-up. It's up to the mission designer to include this objects and let the player see those calls.

Anyway, as far as I know it should not show up in any other kind of mission, especially in user-made missions where the RESCAP object (or possibly the Dynamic Rescue object) is not used.

oldschoolie

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 10:35:55 AM »

Thanks Gatrasz. This single message is appearing in every Quick Mission I load in a version of 4.10 modded to give only the Spanish Civil War. I will have a look at the CY6 C&C parameters in the game. Thanks for the quick reply.

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 06:04:00 AM »

[StationaryObjects]
SAR       vehicles.stationary.SAR$SARUnit 1                      <---- an object placed on water (smoke+man)
RESCAP    vehicles.stationary.RESCAP$RESCAPUnit 1         <---- an object placed on land.  (camp+fire+man, I think)

Quick edit fix:
Open each mission and search/find RESCAP, delete line(s)   or replace by another inoffensive object  :P
(oops! categorie are Static vehicles). Save.

Code: [Select]
[NStationary]
  87_Static vehicles.stationary.SeaSound$SeaSoundENV 0 123845.19 50118.89 360.00 0.0
  88_Static vehicles.stationary.SeaSound$SeaSoundENV 0 124049.64 49967.52 360.00 0.0
  89_Static vehicles.stationary.SeaSound$SeaSoundENV 0 123914.74 49821.93 360.00 0.0
  90_Static vehicles.stationary.SeaSound$SeaSoundENV 0 123528.75 50126.35 360.00 0.0
  91_Static vehicles.stationary.SeaSound$SeaSoundENV 0 123659.14 50257.65 360.00 0.0
  92_Static vehicles.stationary.SAR$SARUnit 2 114339.73 44599.33 360.00 0.0                <--------------
  39_Static vehicles.stationary.CitySound$CitySoundENV 0 125129.20 50776.44 360.00 0.0
  21_Static vehicles.stationary.FactorySound$FactorySoundENV 1 105443.28 42279.20 360.00 0.0
  20_Static vehicles.stationary.ForestSound$ForestSoundENV 0 124300.55 50856.80 360.00 0.0
  0_Static vehicles.stationary.Smoke$Smoke22 0 124304.85 50864.69 360.00 10.00
[Buildings]
[StaticCamera]
  24599 69700 100 0
[Bridge]
[House]
Here at end of my mission I have object 92 as an SAR. (..search RESCAP instead..)

In game fix:
...or rescue these guys by landing near them in game.

In 'how to use' text, it is said DELAY before broadcast can be SET as a command.  Here is that text:

Rescue

These objects represent downed crewmen in need of rescue, either by the player or AI aircraft.

Placement: They should be placed in accessible areas, wherever the rescue it to take place.

RESCAP

The RESCAP object simulates a downed pilot behind enemy lines. He will communicate with the player and await helicopter pickup.

- How it works: The 'Survivor' will broadcast his map-grid coordinates to the player. Once in the area, he will call out when he has the player in sight, and which direction he is relative to the player's aircraft.

- When a friendly AI aircraft moves to within 300m of the survivor and slows to under 27m / second, it will announce the pickup and the survivor will disappear, ending the rescue operation. Player-flown aircraft will have to get within 30m of the survivor. The survivor will "pop smoke" during the day as the helicopter approaches. At night he will light a flare to pinpoint his position.

- Survivors may now be captured if enemy ground units approach to within 10m. The player will receive warnings that enemy units are approaching before this happens.

RESCAPDelay (time in minutes before RESCAP object begins broadcasting)                <--------------

SAR

The waterborne version of RESCAP, the SAR object represents a downed pilot at sea, complete with lookouts. Intended for seaplane operations.

- How it works: The player will get a message giving the map-grid position of the downed airman, until the player is within 10km. When within ~2000m of the airman, the player's "crew" will call out sightings in "o'clock" directions. When the player gets within range, the airman will "pop smoke" during the day, or light a flare at night.

- The player should then land and taxi to within 200m of the dinghy, at which point the crew will announce a pickup and the dinghy will disappear. Any plane or helicopter can be used to perform the pickup, but the player must be travelling slowly.

SARDelay (time in minutes before SAR begins broadcasting)                <--------------

*Note. As of version 3.02, rescued SAR and RESCAP objects are worth 100 points.

Edit Mission by adding Command In a [Mods] section: Unfortunately Text is Blue.   Tried Conf.ini = Nope.
     I tested delay for SAR in my quick mission: that did not work for me ; 412,2 SAS 5.3 heavily modded.

Ex.:
[Mods]
  RESCAPDelay 60
   ... this would mean an hour of delay.  Must be redone after any save from FMB.

... so I tried for my SARDelay 5, then 05, then 15, for such minutes of delay in my QUICK mission: FAILED.
[Bridge]
[House]
[Mods]
  SARDelay 5
   ... I always get 30secs then a pop up. :P

in this text here is the proposed METHOD:
[Mods] section.

If your missions do not have a [Mods] section, simply add a [Mods] section at the end of the file. You may have to add this every time you make a change to the mission file, as the game may delete it each time you re-save. None of the objects require these variables to be present in a mission to work, they will simply use default values.

Example:

[Mods]
  FACDelay 15
  GCIRange 150
  GCIVarAlt 1

I will note the appropriate commands for each object in blue.
Commands marked in red can also be applied in the conf.ini, allowing you to change the default values. Just use "=" instead of a space, ie RefuelAll=1.

oldschoolie

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 09:47:25 AM »

Thanks Hubberranz. Sorry about the slow response to you, as my system has been down for a couple of days thanks to redecorating going on in the room!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 25 queries.