Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Ju-86E - Manchester Family - Yer-2 - Skua - Fiat RS-14 - RWD-13 - BV-222 - Krupp-Protze Kfz.70 - Staggerwing UC-43 - Ro.57bis  (Read 4514 times)

Hubberranz

• Modder

412 SAS 5.3  Skua v2.02
Beau travail! Merveilleux!  ;)

sosezi

• Bombers ~ Old flying Buckets is my Love!

Epervier, Huge Thanks!! I Confirm that ALL her features are fine now! Damage (bomb racks glitch gone away) markings does NOT disappear! Crash Landing like a dream! and her 303 Machine guns? became more powerful? or it's just I was lucky to down Fw200 so fast?  :D here's the Mission pics and I confirm that she's flying like an Angel in the sky!! as a HUGE RAF/FAA fan I say It's Greatest addition for me! many Thanks!! :)

Mission_bug

• Modder

Some great stuff here Gabriel, thank you very much for the updates, really appreciated. 8)

Among all the aircraft I nearly forgot the Krupp-Protze Kfz.70, superb model, I built one many years ago in plastic so it is especially nice to have it in game. ;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

asheshouse

• SAS Team

Still more to come.   This needs more work but I am rediscovering the fun of being a Tail Gunner.

sosezi

OH!! Skua never Ends  :D :D :D

NavyAce

Hello again,

I, along with many others, eagerly awaited the release of the Skua. Although I am running v 4.12.2m SAS Modact v 5.3 I saw by the posts that there was a version that had been tested in 4.12 and that people with that version had successfully downloaded and installed the Skua. I downloaded the file but didn't install it right away and have decided to wait a bit based on a problem that a friend of mine had with his install. He said that he got the plane to install okay in his game (same setup as mine) and it loaded up with no crashes. When he first tried it in the QMB he said that the flaps appeared to not be operating properly, but that later, after installing the Arms package they worked okay. However, after further testing, he said that when he tried using the plane in the FMB, it CTD as soon as he tried to add an in game skin. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I have a couple of questions of my own. The download comes with an 01_Weapons_USA_GB folder, inside of which are 16 classfiles. I already have a folder with the same name, probably as a result of an earlier install (Bristol Bombay). Inside this folder are 6 classfiles, of which the first five are duplicated in the identically named Skua folder. The only one not duplicated is the last one, which is FD7148C4AE3B04DC. Should I merge the two folders and let them overwrite? I was afraid of messing up the Bombay loadout as it had one classfile that was different.

My second question concerns the sub folder in the 06_ Blackburn_B-24_Skua_v2.02 folder which is labeled  _Class_for412_. In side of this are two classfiles, BFC8362CC012E068 and ED31205CA2346688. Do the contents of this folder have to be moved anywhere or left alone? The first classfile is actually duplicated outside the folder in the list above the readme, so I wasn't sure if having two of the same classfiles would cause an in game conflict.

Thanks to all for helping the new guy.

NavyAce

sosezi

NavyAce
don't know about that much but, mine is 2.02 working fine in FMB and QMB with Skins and Default skin too
also weapons pack
3do/arms there will be many folders for the bombs
drag and drop them into the Skua/3do/arms
weapon classfiles,
drag and drop them into the the main plane folder
no need to install weapon folder into the #SAS

but again
Epervier knows better ;)

SAS~Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here

I have a couple of questions of my own. The download comes with an 01_Weapons_USA_GB folder, inside of which are 16 classfiles. I already have a folder with the same name, probably as a result of an earlier install (Bristol Bombay). Inside this folder are 6 classfiles, of which the first five are duplicated in the identically named Skua folder. The only one not duplicated is the last one, which is FD7148C4AE3B04DC. Should I merge the two folders and let them overwrite? I was afraid of messing up the Bombay loadout as it had one classfile that was different.
Whatever the version of your game!
You can keep only one "01_Weapons_USA_GB" folder.
The new folder that is included with the Skua will copy the new files into the folder you already have!
I keep the same name of this "01__Weapons_xxx" folder to avoid duplication.

My second question concerns the sub folder in the 06_ Blackburn_B-24_Skua_v2.02 folder which is labeled  _Class_for412_. In side of this are two classfiles, BFC8362CC012E068 and ED31205CA2346688. Do the contents of this folder have to be moved anywhere or left alone? The first classfile is actually duplicated outside the folder in the list above the readme, so I wasn't sure if having two of the same classfiles would cause an in game conflict.
You copy the special 412 files and paste them into the main folder of the Mod. Accept the overwriting of files.

This is a common practice in many Mods.
Same procedure when there are "-_FM_409_buttons XXX" folders.
Imperialists must use the external FMs provided for the SAS buttons.
A bove ante, ab asino retro, a stulto undique caveto.

SAS~Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here

BV-222C 'Wiking' v2.01

Fix :
- new FM
- new 3D for CF_D0
- little fixes...

See first post for link !
A bove ante, ab asino retro, a stulto undique caveto.

NavyAce

Hi Epervier,

I passed your information along to my friend who followed your instructions and viola! His Skua now works in his v 4.12.2m SAS Modact v 5.3 modded game in both the QMB and the FMB. It was previously only working in the QMB. Merci!

NavyAce

sosezi

OH! FINALLY!! BV-222 can be shot down  :D :D :D damage model a.k.a collision boxes working right ;) on the port wing ..... starboard wing is still almost immortal lol p.s WINDOWS!! FUSELAGE WINDOWS!!  ;D ;D ;D someone fix them they're overpainted by the Luftwaffe mechanics!! :D

asheshouse

• SAS Team

Here is a rear gunner for the Skua for anyone who wants to test the WIP.  http://www.mediafire.com/file/52kdlgj3decrz83/06__Blackburn_B-24_Skua_v2.02_plus_TGun_17-05-19.rar/file    ---- tested in v4.12 VPModPack and ModAct 5.3

Requires the original model from the first page to be installed first, then these files copied over them.
One of the original class files will be overwritten and one new class file provided.

This is a mainly a clone of existing cockpits, not modelled from scratch, but extensively reworked to fit the Skua.
Some minor visual glitches remain to be fixed but it will be beneficial to have some testing done.
Some parts of the tail of the plane model are now seen closer up than before and could do with a little refinement.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 27 queries.