Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: B.A.T. V3.6 THE BLITZ + V3.6.2 PATCH  (Read 16828 times)

tennumb and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Whacker

Re: B.A.T. V3.6 THE BLITZ + V3.6.2 PATCH
« Reply #132 on: June 03, 2019, 01:34:41 AM »

OK, so completely loaded question here, just out of curiosity since I'm moderately technically literate and know a wee bit of programming.

When we say "reworked the classes", what does that mean, roughly?  Was it something to do with how the game handled aircraft in memory?  For example, I'm imagining if I have 10 BF109s in a melee, and say each BF109 takes up 10 meg of RAM when each instance is created... did we figure out a way to just load a single reference and then create instances to point to that same reference?  Or something completely else?  INQUISITIVE MINDS WANT TO KNOW!

Congrats btw guys, this is why I keep coming back to this game year after year.

VF19_Congo

• Uh... Wwhuut?
« Reply #133 on: June 05, 2019, 04:45:00 AM »

OK, so completely loaded question here, just out of curiosity since I'm moderately technically literate and know a wee bit of programming.

When we say "reworked the classes", what does that mean, roughly?  Was it something to do with how the game handled aircraft in memory?  For example, I'm imagining if I have 10 BF109s in a melee, and say each BF109 takes up 10 meg of RAM when each instance is created... did we figure out a way to just load a single reference and then create instances to point to that same reference?  Or something completely else?  INQUISITIVE MINDS WANT TO KNOW!

Congrats btw guys, this is why I keep coming back to this game year after year.

From the first post in this thread:
 "This allows for more aircraft or objects in any given mission and has pushed the boundary of performance far out,
   so it will not be a concern any more for the foreseeable future."

Also, does this have anything to do with RAM usage in mission? I thought that every object in use consumed ram,
so, if more stuff is going on in the mission, more ram usage ?

How far can we push ram usage in the IL2 Selector's settings really, and how do we know when we've gone too far?
I'm the clown walking around with a bucket over his head....

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • The man of a million fixes
« Reply #134 on: June 05, 2019, 10:30:44 AM »

When we say "reworked the classes", what does that mean, roughly?
It means literally what it says. Take the classfile, clean it up java-wise, rewrite certain features, particularly loadout references, and put it back.
Mike did this.

But if you want to you can continue the discussion here:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,61392.0.html

dietz

• Supporter
  • " Keep watching the skies...."
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2019, 05:39:01 PM »

Hey thanks for using my artwork to head this new update .I would have liked to have been asked , but I tell you what: you've done so much to improve this game I'll make it a tiny payback for all that effort!
Thanks so much for this easy to download & easy to install Blitz add-on! Terrific! ( Esp the new & improved He-177!)
www.jamesdietz.com

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • The man of a million fixes
« Reply #136 on: June 12, 2019, 10:36:15 PM »

Hey thanks for using my artwork to head this new update .I would have liked to have been asked , but I tell you what: you've done so much to improve this game I'll make it a tiny payback for all that effort!

Hi

But you actually have been asked, you might have forgotten about it.
It's been some time ago when you posted some of your artworks and Mike asked if these could be used for BAT and you said sure
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,59732.msg658401.html#msg658401

Sorry for any misunderstandings however.

dietz

• Supporter
  • " Keep watching the skies...."
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2019, 12:03:20 PM »

No problemo- I wasn't being snarky...I really do mean that I am delighted with your work & me contributing in a small way!

Jimbo947

« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2019, 12:54:50 PM »

Just a comment on how brilliant smashing the Jave wall is..

On my friends Pc, a Dell Inspiron Desktop , Vintage 2007/2008 ( AMD Athlon II x4  8GB ram and a Nvidia Geforce 330 512mb
Previous all BAT Campaigns , except DOF,would run as a Boring PowerPoint , regardless of the settings ... 1 fps zzzz...2fps Yawn etc

Now,  all WW2 and Jet age Campaigns, using High Settings only and without any tweaks, they all run run at an average of 34 fps, dependant on mission and sometimes, getting  60 fps with a very ocaissonal momentary frame freeze
Using QMB and Excellent settings, although with fewer aircraft and map dependant, he obtains  40 fps average.

Again, thanks for this brilliant work

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2019, 12:55:41 PM »

This artwork is really first-rate dietz, thanks.

Würger

« Reply #140 on: Yesterday at 06:55:41 AM »

Unfortunately mediafire tells me I dont't have the rights to save the installer.exe in the path where the zip files are located (special folder I created on my desktop)…
If I download elsewhere and copy the exe into my special folder an try to launch the exe, I get an Avira Virus alert....

Jesus, never had any problems up to 3.5...  :-[
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 26 queries.