Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drivable Tanks  (Read 4022 times)

Ta183Huckebein

• Modder
Re: Drivable Tanks
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2019, 06:19:57 AM »

Was dabbling around with this in UP 3 and found that the M4 can be skinned, but the others can't, (skins won't show up on the Pz. IV and T-34, the skin layout doesn't look like it'd work on the Tiger)

Is there a way to fix this? I know that there's no templates to speak of, but there's a few things that can be done with markings over the default camos.

Just wondering

~S
"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; But if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery." - Malcolm X

stanislao

• Modder
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2019, 07:45:34 AM »

:( Tested in 4.12 VP pack....  the game crashes during opening, even if I try to activate only one tank at a time ............   :-[

Bwf.

• 'Five second fuses only last three seconds'
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2019, 07:53:14 PM »

FYI:
Visited the SimHQ site for the first time in many years and found this.
webpage:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4390429/tank-crew-clash-at-prokhorovka#Post4390429
promo pic:

Link:
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/116-il-2-sturmovik-tank-crew/
There was a 'certain familiarity' about the posts there. ::)

Shot all my ammo at a bomber...blew up a car, a barn, some peasants, and set the forest on fire.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2019, 11:34:44 AM »

Great mod! Great models! Lots of potential!

BIG THANKS CHECKYERSIX!

NG-HUD v3.2 | NG-MAP v3.0 | NG-CAM v1.6: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

Ta183Huckebein

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2019, 07:46:20 PM »

So, I tested this in UP3 with a buddy of mine, and we noticed that the tank works well enough in dogfight maps, although sometimes we weren't seeing hits where the person said they were aiming. We also couldn't destroy each other, no matter how many shells we fired at each other (he was in a Tiger/PanzerIV, I was driving the M4/T-34), even with realistic gunnery off.

The real "problem" we ran into was co-ops. I made a test mission with the Tiger, and we both joined in on it, and while he (operating the gunner's position) could see me moving the tank around and firing the co-axial gun, I couldn't see anything he was doing with the turret/the effects of any shots he fired.

Obviously a netcode issue with the mod in it's current state. I'm looking forward to how this is developed in the future, it's got a lot of promise!
"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; But if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery." - Malcolm X

Rector

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2019, 03:41:18 PM »

A great toy! Unless I spent four evenings over the tanks, instead of arming the SU-15. I am fighting mainly on the map of Slovakia which has quite a naturalistic development and corresponds to the landscape of my great passion: the great battle for the Dukla Pass. I miss the possibility to paint tanks in the colors of specific units, shooting from a machine gun and typical for tanks ramming buildings or cars or anti-tank guns. The moving tank with fixed wheels and leaving no traces looks strange. But still the fun is great. As enemies and targets, I use vehicle columns. In a slower moment, I will write a battle for one of the towns. Thank you again.

"Panthers" fell into a trap

Something strange happened to my tank ... Is it a hit by an enemy or driver error - a mechanic?

And if your colleagues have already opened a tank "Pandora's box" then pull the thread further: There are still so many English, French, Czech, Italian and Polish tanks ...
 Good luck.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2019, 05:48:23 AM »

Tank Crew,

Let me propose a couple of changes:

1) Default FOV of the cannon gunners changed to 35 degrees (30 degrees in non-widescreen mode)

2) Sight view: Mouse speed reduced to recreate a more realistic movement of the gun turret. This can be implemented in a different/better way, but it should be enough at this stage of development.

Download: CY6_Tanks_Patch_v1.zip

Tested in B.A.T. v3.6.1 The Blitz (World At War module)

I am having lots of fun with this mod. I truly hope it gets developed further.

Thanks CY6!
NG-HUD v3.2 | NG-MAP v3.0 | NG-CAM v1.6: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Keep calm and carry on
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2019, 01:03:53 AM »

Amazing! 😁 Is there anything that CAN’T be done with this game?

Thanks CY6! (And great to see one of the old master modders still in action!) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
My aim: to build campaigns for Mods! You can find them here: http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=search&sa=740

dotmatrix

• Some of us were never meant to fly...
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2019, 03:43:01 AM »

Well...I don't have to play WoT anymore...
 :D

btasm

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2019, 07:22:24 AM »

Installed easily, works fine but I must admit, I'm a bit lost here when it comes to firing the main gun: "To aim the cannon, switch cockpits and you'll get a reticle to aim the main gun (Turret Fire Button). You can fire the co-axial machine-gun with the default machine-gun trigger button. I recommend assigning a secondary fire trigger (like Shift Left-Mouse) so you can fire the co-axial gun while aiming the turret."

After switching cockpits, I get the reticle all right, but to aim the gun, do I turn the tank? There is no way to just move the turret, correct?

More importantly, how do you fire the main guns? The machine gun works off key switch Weapon Number 1 all right, but how about the main gun? I've pressed all of the other weapon key switches (normally for the secondary gun, rockets or bombs), and nothing happens. What is the main gun key switch? Finally, what is the Turret Fire Button?

Thanks so much for this mod.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2019, 08:37:51 AM »

Hi btasm,

Just like with any other aircraft, you must first take control of the gunner station by pressing the "Toggle Autopilot" key.

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
    • UberDemon's Website
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2019, 02:17:05 PM »

NOTE!!!!: These tanks are based on the JEEP with Super Gunner by UberDemon/danzigzag. You must have it installed for this mod to work.

CY6, this is awesome.  Is the above statement still true?  If so, I would recommend just incorporating the needed files from my old mod into your installation.  I lost a lot of files with the great PC crash of 2019 but I can look for them if you need them.  Yet another great possible addition to BAT if possible.

One of the biggest problems with ground objects in the original IL2  in my opinion (including the walking pilot mod, and other vehicles), is lacking the ability to deal with water and bridges... I mean, when I am casually walking and water touches my foot, I don't necessarily want a boat to inflate...  and it would be great to be able to go over a bridge (map or FMB added) without exploding.
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at http://www.uberdemon.net
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 25 queries.