Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: NG-CAM - NG-PAL - perfect companions  (Read 10862 times)

Vampire_pilot

NG-CAM - NG-PAL - perfect companions
« on: April 07, 2019, 01:45:19 AM »

Perfect companion to B.A.T.

Thank you Whistler for providing these great additions.  ;D

Please follow the links to the individual threads to get the mods.

Next Gen PAL (NG-PAL) Mod

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,67248.0.html

PAL is your new IL-2 companion. The name is also in homage to the original creator of the "Walking Pilot" mod, benitomuso or Pablo, aka P.A.L. Credits to benitomuso for his amazing initiatives. Special thanks to Storebror for having found the way of making this mod self-contained, independent of EngineMod.

I have been toying with this mod for a few years now although I wasn't sure I would have ever published anything. Thing is, as nice as the WalkingPilot is, there wasn't much you could do with it. Besides, the code to hijack other aircraft is buggy. The first decision I took was to get rid of this code: you no longer can jump into any plane other than yours. Truth is it was very difficult to hijack a different plane: shortly after a mission starts all planes are airborne and planes disappear after landing.

Next Generation CAM (NG-CAM) Mod

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,60008.0.html

All mods mentioned in the credits make use of the same classfiles and up until now you had to choose between one or another. It is great to have so many options but how disappointing and frustrating it is to choose!

Tired of switching mods forth and back I decided to merge, following the 'Keep It Simple' principle, some of the best and most useful (in my humble opinion) features of all available camera mods into one. Due to the nature of this merge, NG-CAM is obviously NOT compatible with any of the other mods.

"Ordinance view" from this mod is integrated into BAT 4.1.2!

Next Generation HUD (NG-HUD) Mod

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,58163.0.html

Now fully integrated into BAT 4.1.2!  No need to install individually.

Next Generation MAP (NG-MAP) Mod

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,59835.0.html

Now fully integrated into BAT 4.1.2!  No need to install individually.

henkypenky

• BAT 4.2 Flashpoint & WAW
Re: NG-HUD v3.2 | NG-MAP v2.0 | NG-CAM v1.5 - perfect companions
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 03:41:51 AM »

Fully agree with you; Whistler did a marvelous job with these great additions.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 07:40:30 AM »

Nice! Let me say this out loud: B E N I T O M U S O

benitomuso and I share the same interests when it comes to IL-2 modding. The difference is that he is a pioneer and the more capable modder :D We all wait for his return to the IL-2 modding scene. It will happen sooner or later but only when he is ready, I have no doubts!

I took benitomuso's works and enhance them where I could and as best as I know and can. If you have an idea please share it. I can't promise everything will be implemented but I always listen. If you want to take these mods for another spin please be my guest. Mod them, improve them, share them. We can only win as a community. There will be little changes in the future but nothing groundbreaking. I consider the mods complete but I will maintain them for as long as I am around. It is at this point where new mindsets and fresh ideas come into play: get the mods and mod them further! I started with obfuscated code. Decompile them and you more or less have what I have.

And then there are other great modders such as Storebror, Western and Vega I borrowed code and ideas from. And many more brilliant modders still around and even more that came before whose names I don't know or don't remember. I salute them all.

It is not about one, two or three mods. It is about ALL mods working together what makes this game THE MOST COMPLETE COMBAT FLIGHT SIMULATOR ever produced by any community.

Mod it like a boss, ladies and gentlemen.
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

erafitti

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 04:10:18 AM »

Next Generation HUD (NG-HUD) Mod

HUD_mod Class are included in the Classes-Other folder. Is it an old version?.

Un saludo.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 04:48:07 AM »

By default B.A.T. comes with standalone versions of "PAL HUD Config with BombSight Assist" and "PAL's Minimap". If you want the full PAL/benimotuso experience, use VisualMod.

You can safely activate NG mods with JSGME anytime. Don't worry about classfile duplicates. Uppermost classes will override subsequent matching classfiles.
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

Raven Morpheus

Re: NG-HUD | NG-MAP | NG-CAM - perfect companions
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 12:14:04 PM »

I started using NG HUD a while ago, have to say thanks for it as it solved an issue I was having with the HUD, i.e. speedbar, not being visible on some missions/campaigns/maps.  It seemed like a problem caused by PALs Visual Mod.  Now using PALs Visual Mod with NG HUD I don't get that problem, or not so far.

Thanks to the guys who develop these mods.

aqsd91

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2019, 03:27:19 AM »

does any of these mods disable the game menu from visual mod ? Because it seems i cant open it and i dont see it in the controls.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019, 03:30:35 AM »

You should not use NG-CAM and VisualMod at the same time. It's one or the other. The game won't CTD but there are incompatibilities between the two.

aqsd91

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2019, 03:33:00 AM »

You should not use NG-CAM and VisualMod at the same time. It's one or the other. The game won't CTD but there are incompatibilities between the two.
Ok i will test it out without visual mod, does the Chocks mod affect it ?

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2019, 03:44:54 AM »

aqsd91, We can't read minds. You didn't even mention the game version and mods you are using. Please take the time to formulate inquiries with plenty of information. I don't know what the Chocks have to do with any of this.

Thanks.

aqsd91

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2019, 04:06:55 AM »

aqsd91, We can't read minds. You didn't even mention the game version and mods you are using. Please take the time to formulate inquiries with plenty of information. I don't know what the Chocks have to do with any of this.

Thanks.
Im using BAT 3.6.1 on 4.12 with NG HUD, NG MAP, Visual mod, and NG CAN as well as BAT's Chocks (i first thought that because the mod is made by Pal it would cause problems) and BAT's Wingfold mod. I think theres no way to fix my problem, since the only feature i want in the NG Cam mod is the Ordinance View but as it seems its uncompatible with Visual mod, but i also want the game menu from Visual mod. Which leaves a choice. And i couldnt find any mode that gives that kind of menu.

Thanks.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2019, 04:17:20 AM »

All right, thank you.

First, BATMODS Chocks mod (I understand) is already built into EngineMod. You don't need it.

Second, the version of VisualMod shipped with BAT is not the latest. The last version published by benitomuso includes the Ordnance View. Just download it and replace the 00_PAL-VisualMOD9-v4122 folder in your BATMODS:

BATMODS\#DOF_00-PALsVisualMOD9-v4122\#DOF3\00_PAL-VisualMOD9-v4122
BATMODS\#TGA_00-PALsVisualMOD9-v4122\#TGA3\00_PAL-VisualMOD9-v4122
BATMODS\#WAW_00-PALsVisualMOD9-v4122\#WAW3\00_PAL-VisualMOD9-v4122
BATMODS\#JTW_00-PALsVisualMOD9-v4122\#JTW3\00_PAL-VisualMOD9-v4122
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 23 queries.