Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New missions for TGA The Secret War  (Read 5157 times)

xeno2x

• Reviresco
New missions for TGA The Secret War
« on: April 02, 2019, 09:50:44 PM »

Announcing the “Secret War” four connected scenarios for the Golden Age of Flight for BAT Musketeer.      For some time now I have been wanting to write some Golden Age scenarios.  But since any flying story will of necessity have to be able to deal with events on the ground in order that the action in the air may be meaningful;   I have written a novelette which will cover the events in the life of one Ex-RAF Flight Lieutenant forced into the life of a mercenary pilot flying for a shadowy intelligence agency of the Egyptian Government.     The place is Cairo and the extreme southwest of Egypt where lies the mysterious Jebel Uweinat.    The time is January of 1939.   The Second World War is about to happen but in the west desert the Secret War is already in effect.    Read the story and then fly the missions.   
The first four scenarios are relatively easy involving much more airmanship than air combat, but by the time you reach scenario number 4 you will find out just how good you really are.    I have prepared 6 more scenarios in this series.  So if you like these let me know.

Download scenarios #0 through #4 at:   http://www.tin-soldier.com/calcow2144/SecretWar1-4.zip

Unzip these scenarios and place them in your missions file.  Put the  Egyptian Hart Mercury skin into the proper slot in the skins file.    Read the story and fly the missions.   

Vampire_pilot

Re: New missions for TGA The Secret War
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 10:16:41 PM »

Sounds very intriguing!
thanks, I'll go get it.

(And I made the link clickable for more convenience)

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 06:07:57 AM »

This is astounding and gets my highest recommendation!

]thumright[

This is an interactive novel worth every minute. The writing is really good and the interweaving missions you get to fly are quite something!

There's a bit of a mishap with the numbering of missions in the pdf and the actual missions: mission starts with #0 but are called as 1 in the pdf. But it's clear at one glimpse, so no biggy. Mission 3 is actually called 4 in the briefing but that's also no problem, as the briefing text gives context to understand which mission is the right one.

arriving at 8 Bells

Off to an adventure over endless deserts... can you trust your heading?

There it is!

Landing there was a challenge but worth it!

take off from the temple - a close call!

a present for Italian spies

Hayden and Yasmin at 8 Bells

Aioros

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 08:11:25 AM »

I really like this kind of missions (the briefings and the history behind them add to the immersion, and give you a sense of purpose) I'm going to try them on my free day.

Thanks for your work xeno2x!
Only change is constant.

BT~wasted

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 01:25:10 PM »

Thank you for this amazing work!

It is the first time I see something like this in IL-2. The reading gives lots of emotions to the regular flying and makes it much more interesting.

I hope to see more of this kind of art!

lyteyr

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2019, 11:09:49 AM »

Hi xeno2x,

I am getting a 404 Error Page not found message.  Is there another link?  Thanks.

lyteyr

xeno2x

• Reviresco
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2019, 03:51:49 PM »

Oh, oh!  I screwed it up this morning when messing about with the website.  I went in and fixed it so the address is correct.
    So sorry about that. Watch this forum for the 2nd part of Secret War.  Coming soon - Hot Love and Hot War!

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2019, 03:58:47 PM »

Great job! It is really fun to see how much that can be done with this game. Very impressive! Keep it up  :D
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

fatty_finn

• Modder
  • "no idea"
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2020, 06:49:42 AM »

Great job indeed!
wonderful to see the old map put to such use.
This feeling for mystery & adventure is just what was in mind, when making this map.
[inspired in part by the book "Hunt for Zerzura".]
please roll out the next 6 scenarios!
yours
f_f
ps also great to see how it all looks in Slibenli's "GE" -gives it a more spacious & hazy feel,  so desert-like.

Pirx

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2021, 08:53:20 PM »

I'm very interested in this campaign, and I love stories like this. Unfortunately, the link is not working. I will be very grateful to anyone who can fix it.
 :)

CL

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2022, 03:29:34 AM »

I would be very interested in this scenario also, if the author or anyone still has the files by any chance?

Thanks in advance.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2022, 08:09:51 AM »

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 26 queries.