Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Terrible load screen graphics  (Read 3288 times)

AlexN

Terrible load screen graphics
« on: March 19, 2019, 05:18:28 PM »

I bought this (Moscow & Stalingrad) ages ago and have just got around to installing. I have the latest upgrade from the last few days, but the game is unplayable, the load screens when first fired up break up so much they are unreadable, if through sheer luck I get through to the game screen for the graphical settings, nothing seems to work, I have even brought everything down to the lowest level. Also I have tried so many variations within the Radeon software outside of the game.  Once I actually get to the I presume mission planning screen, the screen is akin to a super over exposed photograph.

Does Great Battles not play nice with a Radeon card and in this instance it is a Radeon RX 580.
The PC is an i5 8600K with 32 Gb RAM running Win 10 64 bit.
Game is installed in its own folder on my E Drive.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: Terrible load screen graphics
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 11:12:11 PM »

the load screens when first fired up break up so much they are unreadable
A screenshot would be nice.
Currently I have no idea what you mean and I haven't heard of any similar description of an issue yet.

I have tried so many variations within the Radeon software outside of the game
Don't mess with Radeon settings for BoX, the game will deal with graphic settings on it's own.

super over exposed photograph
Sounds like you've messed up your Radeon Settings already.
Revert them to defaults.

Does Great Battles not play nice with a Radeon card and in this instance it is a Radeon RX 580.
The PC is an i5 8600K with 32 Gb RAM running Win 10 64 bit.
The hardware is fine for BoX.
There's lots of RX 580 users out there with no issues and the i5 8600K is definitely capable of running BoX as well.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

AlexN

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 05:29:47 PM »

True Enough! I removed all the Radeon drivers, rebooted d/l newest ones and installed. BOX works fine now. It is strange that DCS, P3Dv4, XP and FSX A & FSXSE benefit from added support from the Radeon. Such is life. Thanks for the quick response.  :) .... thinks .... should never have ditched my Nvide :-(

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 02:16:59 AM »

should never have ditched my Nvide

In 2003/2004 I exchanged my Nvidia 4200GT for a Radeon graphics card.

The optical advantage, especially the riverbanks and sea-fronts looked so much better.

But the frame rate with the Radeon graphics card was cruel. At that time, the Nvidia 4200GT, $ 120, -.

Where was the good time (which was just as crap as our current one)?  ;)

Best regards, Gerhard  :)

FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 04:30:11 AM »

You just spend 10 times as much nowadays and you get a good Nvidia card already, where's the issue?

8)

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

JollyJack

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 08:58:56 PM »

The optical advantage, especially the riverbanks and sea-fronts looked so much better.

But the frame rate with the Radeon graphics card was cruel. At that time, the Nvidia 4200GT, $ 120, -.

Where was the good time (which was just as crap as our current one)?  Best regards, Gerhard 

Well, as for my ASUS Radeon R7 360 OC 2GB i get 60fps, thanks to some tuning advice. This with the latest drivers, and no Relive. I am surprised, only with grass off in Cliffs i get no stutters now it seems. I agree on the NVDIA stuff, but i am waiting till prices go down or maybe get an alas almost extinct GTX 1080 ti. That ASUS vesion seems to be better than other R7 360 cheaper versions, bought it in 2014.

JonRedcorn

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 02:25:07 PM »

Where was the good time (which was just as crap as our current one)?  ;)

Best regards, Gerhard  :)
The days of image quality differences between the cards is long gone hahaha. I remember that being an advantage of the ATi cards. Had an Ati 9800pro all in wonder, bought a Nvidia 6800GT and never looked back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 25 queries.