Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VP mods runway blocky textures  (Read 1138 times)

deskpilot

VP mods runway blocky textures
« on: March 18, 2019, 03:51:25 AM »

I have installed VP mod plus patches and am getting awful blocky textures on the  english channel maps, except the Beta one.  I have chaged confi ini as suggested for nvidia cards ( mine is a GTX970) as on this page:  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,50919.msg556032.html#msg556032

The textures are fine in BAT.  Can anyone anyone shed any light?

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
Re: VP mods runway blocky textures
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 06:01:37 AM »

That how the maps were released and included in the DBW map pack which is also a basis of my modpack map pack.
I dont really use those oversized, slow, generic looking maps. I use my own version of the Channel40 beta, that can take 100+ planes. :)

About CanonUK maps: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=37268.0

I dont use BAT, but it probably has the 'tbauchot' versions: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,43135.0.html
These maps looked to me like fps killers (objects packed too dense) so I did not include them despite the better airfields.

deskpilot

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 07:36:25 AM »

Thank you for the swift reply. I will give the Channel 40 Beta a try!

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 09:05:49 AM »

I mean no disrespect...I'm too critical towards some of the maps, this happens if you spend way too much time with texturing and rebuilding towns. :)
When I look at something I often only see the areas where the maps could be improved compared to the very best maps, but tbh any mod map is way better then the stock ones (except Slovakia). We also have to mention that these Channel maps were created long time ago, some authors like Cyberolas or Redko really raised the standards of map buildings since then. I like the Channel 40 map but its only a small scale dogfight map, not everybody likes those.

deskpilot

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 09:49:12 AM »

No disrespect taken. you know what you are talking about!   I have nothing but respect for the hours of work modders like yourself put in. I was wondering if it is easy to add a map individually?
If I downloaded a  new map is it fairly straightforward to add it to VP modded install? I want to try different ones and see which I like. I have never had as many as 100 planes in a mission, yet !!
the link you shared seemed to have   a link to a map but talked about HSFX which I don't have. I have BAT but it is so massive and I only really want WW2. That's why I have installed VP mods. It is working fine I just wondered if I could add an individual  map or two.
Thank you.

deskpilot

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 10:23:02 AM »

Aha! have found a guide on this here site!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 26 queries.