Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: PRS Files: a Short Tutorial  (Read 24469 times)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
Re: PRS Files: a Short Tutorial
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 03:44:44 PM »

Are you using SAS buttons? if so, are you using the SAS patches for Tiger's mod?

Tomcat_Zombie

• Mapper
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2010, 03:43:43 AM »

Oups, I didn't know a patch exists, wich can be found a few lines below  :-[, sorry !
However, thank you for your help, my Corsair now can nicely fly by again  ;D

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2010, 05:32:08 AM »

your welcome :)

peluca

• Modder
  • "Ad astra per aspera"
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 10:53:33 AM »

hi people!!!
i have a problem... i want to instal the 190 new engine sound...
i did all the things... but i can't hear the start up... somebody know why?
i have the AAA mod... i think that my mod is the problem.... but i don't know....

thanks people.......

thefruitbat

• http://dangerdogz.com
    • Dangerdogz
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2011, 11:29:49 AM »

Hi Bao

The deafult prs motor sounds list is very short. almost all the prs names used in our buttons is new .
The default prs files I list for you below. These are used by all planes in the stock game with stock buttons. Not a big variety!

Normal Engine Sounds:                                                                                                                                   
\motor.am38.prs                                                                                                                                       
\motor.bmw6.prs                                                                                                                                       
\motor.bristol-mercury.prs                                                                                                                           
\motor.db605.prs                                                                                                                                     
\motor.dm4.prs                                                                                                                                       
\motor.Jumo211.prs                                                                                                                                   
\motor.m82.prs                                                                                                                                       
\motor.rollsroyce.prs

Rocket and Jet Sounds:
\motor.bi_1.prs
\motor.me_163.prs
\motor.Jumo004.prs
\motor.ge40.prs

Start/Stop Sounds:                                                                                                                                   
\motor.std_e.start.begin.prs                                                                                                                         
\motor.std_e.start.end.prs                                                                                                                           
\motor.std_p.start.begin.prs                                                                                                                         
\motor.std_p.start.end.prs                                                                                                                           

thanks for this, unbelievable that the stock game only uses 8 engine sounds:(

is there any way i can find out which planes use which off these 8?

harpia

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 03:53:29 AM »

Searching in SAS and not wanting to open a new topic, I get here and I think my problem is being addressed here. But do not know how to pack my resolver.O F86 is no engine sound, do not have much experience installing mods in IL2, follow the directions that come in the archives here and helps the SAS. If you can give a step by step help, I thank you. Not to open another topic, does have a way of enabling the AGM in Phantom also Excuse the bad English by Google Translate, I only speak Portuguese in Brazil. :-[

WindWpn

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2013, 11:29:46 AM »

Looking into leveraging/improving sound in 4.12 using existing samples and prs files as base.  Main effort is redeploying custom sounds and prs into the new my_... folders and mapping the sounds accordingly.  However beyond a given sound and its matching reference in a prs file, is there any documentation out there which explains the logic behind a prs?  For example, I am attempting to set up a gun sound for an LA5.  I have the correct prs and using 4.12's new sound debugging feature, it is quite easy to see how the sounds are loading in the log.lst file.  However, I do not know what the entries mean in a given weapon sound prs.  For example:

Code: [Select]
[common]
mode         relobj pos
type         mixer
numadj   1

[spl]

[samples]
MG_ShVAK_1x.wav
MG_ShVAK_1i.wav

[sample.MG_ShVAK_1x.wav]
env 0 2
infinite 1
period 0.1

[sample.MG_ShVAK_1i.wav]
env 8
infinite 1
period 0.1

I understand the samples section which points to the given wav files, however why two?  What the is logic difference between ShAVk_1x and ShVAK_1i and the parameters set for each in the section below the samples list?  Are those wavs which include "x" in the name refer to "external (heard from outside plane)" sound, while the files including "i" in the name are "internal (heard from inside cockpit)" sound?

Hopefully an experienced sound modder will soon release an updated sound pack for 4.12 given all the excellent wav files out there, but until then, I would like to explore sounds and hopefully understand how they are configured within the code. 

~S~
wind

Marat

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2018, 06:26:07 AM »

Hi!
Can anyone explain me one important thing?
First of all I observed that one or another prs file concerns not only one engine. I wanted to change some sounds for particular engines and got a real mess! So, what I noticed, for example M-62.prs has nothing with M-62 engine and sounds for I-153 or I-16. Chaning the M-62 sounds gave nothing. But, somehow I noticed that motor.Gnome-Rhome-Jupiter.prs concerns M-62 engine and sounds! Why? If M-62.prs and sounds exist for M-62 engine, then why motor.Gnome-Rhome-Jupiter.prs is associated with it? Ok, i made rather good sounds for I-153 and I-16, and then got very bad thing with Gnome-Rhone engine for Hs-129! How to open this prs file and change the data inside it? I thought that M-62.prs should be exactly for M-62 engine with M-62 sounds! In fact every file in interconnected with all others??? In this case we cannot make the sounds of our way((

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2018, 09:06:00 AM »

... this is because since we don't have specific sounds/samples for each and every plane, some of them "borrow" the sound of other planes ...  :-X

In your example, the Hs129 that had French Gnome-Rhone engines, borrows the sound of Russian I-153 and I-16 engines ...

You can easily open and edit the .prs files with a text editor, like Windows Notepad for ex ... ;)

Marat

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2018, 10:15:15 AM »

Oh, that's great!!!
I opened it with notepad! Many thanks!!!
But in this case I do not see the lines there which show to what engine the sounds are attributed. The name of the engine to which the sounds belong is not mentioned. I just wanted to separate Hs-129 engine sounds and make them belong only to this aircraft, having separate I-153 and I-16 sounds)) Is it possible? i.e. havind two different prs files

Marat

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2018, 10:22:58 AM »

For example there are motor.Gnome-Rhome-Jupiter which concers Hs-129 and I-153/I-16. Then, there is motor.M-62_engine, which as I thought belong to I-153 and I-16 as well. The entries in the both files are same. Then if one is for Hs-129 and the second one is exactly for I-153/I-16 and they are same, then why when I modify motor.Gnome-Rhome-Jupiter it anyway affect I-153 and I-16 sounds which have a separate motor.M-62_engine file? Why motor.M-62_engine is overridden by  motor.Gnome-Rhome-Jupiter? What can be done?

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2018, 11:36:36 AM »

But in this case I do not see the lines there which show to what engine the sounds are attributed.

... it is the "buttons" that tells which engine sound will be used for a specific plane ...  ;)

So if you want to give, for ex, plane A, a specific engine sound, instead of the one already in use, you then need to edit the "buttons" regarding this plane A, which is not an easy task at all ... :-X

May be Epervier, who knows how to edit the "buttons" will tell you what to do ...  ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 27 queries.