Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mission4today?  (Read 1888 times)

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
Mission4today?
« on: March 16, 2019, 06:31:37 AM »

Hi Peeps anyone experiencing painfully downloads from M4T? I can only download once per session as the site just seems to hang??
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

whistler

• Modder
Re: Mission4today?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 06:37:31 AM »

That's, in my opinion, a safety measure, if you want to call it that. It has always been like this for as long as I remember. Perhaps it is just a bug, I don't know. Use different browsers for multiple downloads or just have patience.
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 07:01:36 AM »

When you got to any filesharing site and select the free option its always one download per ip address, so I find this not surprising. Mission4today already existed (airwarfare.com) when I started in IL-2 around 2004, so someone (Gamekeeper and site supporters) is paying for file hosting since 15 years! They probably do not want any increased cost due to people downloading many files at once or make it possible to flood the site with requests. I'm personally really thankfuk for the service they provide for free, even if it's a bit slow.

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 10:29:35 AM »

They probably do not want any increased cost due to people downloading many files at once or make it possible to flood the site with requests. I'm personally really thankfuk for the service they provide for free, even if it's a bit slow.

Same here, well worth the wait in my opinion.
cogito, ergo sum armatus

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 05:00:44 PM »

This calls for some dramatic music - a Prokofiev song "Dance of the Knights"

Did you know Prokofiev died on the same day as Stalin in 1953?
He had lived near the Red Square, Moscow, and for 3 days the mass of people gathered to mourn Stalin, making it impossible to carry Prokofiev's body out
of his house for the funeral .
They buried him, 3 days later with paper flowers because due to Stalin funeral, all the country's flowers were seized for Stalin's funeral.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 24 queries.