Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mike's old Hardware Giveaway Thread  (Read 197 times)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Ask me if I care.
    • Friendly Fire isn't.
Mike's old Hardware Giveaway Thread
« on: March 14, 2019, 10:37:32 AM »

Hi folks,

Now that my new Motherboard, CPU, Cooler and RAM are installed, it's time to get rid of the old stuff.
Before I start selling this on ebay (would probably be about EUR 100 in total, who cares), I thought I'd ask you guys whether one of you would be interested.
In case someone picks parts here, I have no interest in earning any money, however... if you pay nothing, it's worth nothing, so the conditions are:

• You pay the shipment cost - just the pure shipment, no packaging, handling or such crap.
    I'm living near Hamburg, Germany - calculate the shipping costs yourself, I'll check and confirm or tell you what it really takes in case.
  • You will make a donation to SAS.
    I don't care how much.
    Can be a penny.
    But you'll make a donation.
    If that sounds too complicated to you, just send your donation together with the shipment cost to me and I'll forward the donation to SAS.

We can use paypal or whatever floats your boat - ticker the money to me, send me a mounted messenger, I don't care.

This is what I have to offer.
Click the pics for fill size images.

1.) Motherboard

It's an ASUS P8P67 Pro Rev. 3 with the "good" P67 Rev.B chipset on it.
The motherboard is in top condition and ships with CD, manuals, slot bracket and everything it takes.
I'll add a few SATA cables and a 2xUSB2 bracket which extends additional onboard USB2 ports.

2.) CPU

An Intel Core i5-2500K, default clock rate 3.3GHz, ran overclocked @4.2 GHz in my PC for years without having to adjust anything else like voltage etc.
A very well overclockable CPU that runs IL-2 1946 and Battle of Stalingrad at Full HD resolution maxed out easily, with solid 60+ FPS.
I'll add thermal grease to it on my behalf.

3.) Cooler

A Scythe Yasya Cooler, fits many different socket types, details see here: http://www.scythe-eu.com/produkte/cpu-kuehler/yasya.html
The Cooler is equipped with an extremely silent Slipstream 120mm PWM fan.
I'm very much concerned about noise, so you can trust me that this one is really, really silent.

The "Push Pin" mounting proved to be too weak to withstand years of operation, so I've exchanged it with a metal screen + cushion + rubber buffer replacement.
Works much better, you can adjust the pressure more precisely and nothing weakens anymore.
Also this allows you to mount the fan to the cooler before you actually put the whole thing on top of the CPU, not vice versa as the stock solution, which was an endless PITA.

4.) RAM (sold to Ivan-le-Rouge

Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3N9/16G, a set of 4 modules of 4GB DDR3-1333 (aka PC3-10666).
Shown above are 2 modules of 4GB each, in total I have 4 of these (the other two are exactly the same).
They are available all 4 in one batch or in pairs, single shipment makes no sense because all CPUs/Mobos for DDR3 RAM make use of dual channel.

If one, some or all of these sound interesting to you, give me a shout either in this thread or by PM.
First come first serve.

]cheers[
Mike
Learn. Challenge. Improve. In loving memory of the times when I cared...

W0W66

Re: Mike's old Hardware Giveaway Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 11:13:41 AM »

This is amazingly kind of you.  Well done Sir.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 12:33:02 PM »

What an incredible generous offer Mike  8) Very cool of you to ask the clubhouse members before you put
it on E-Bay. Very cool

Unfortunately I have already upgraded my old PC 6 months ago,  its working good for me (so far).
So I will have to pass on your most kind offer.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Ivan-le-Rouge

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 02:17:57 PM »

Hello Storebror, I am interessed by the 4 RAM. T send you a PM. Thanks for what you done.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Ask me if I care.
    • Friendly Fire isn't.
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 08:15:06 AM »

Thanks Ivan-le-Rouge, the RAM is yours.

Gentlemen, the other 3 items are still available, first come first serve.

]cheers[
Mike
Learn. Challenge. Improve. In loving memory of the times when I cared...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.