Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ORDINANCE = New Default skin for Rockets + Bombs + Gunpods +  (Read 4455 times)

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
ORDINANCE = New Default skin for Rockets + Bombs + Gunpods +
« on: March 13, 2019, 08:01:31 PM »

This is a Visual Mod - So it is very Light in weight for your modded game - But it does magical things  ;D

Here is something which many of you will WANT to install into your mod- games.
It is a new default skin which many many Rockets + Bombs + Rocket racks + Luftwaffe gun-pods  are still being used in the game !

Even though we already have a HUGE collection of new 3d-models for some of these rockets and bombs (I have them all)
there are still some of the original 3d-models which are being used today in the mod-game, unfortunately their "look" makes them look
like plastic toys. They are all nice 3d-models, but their skin texturing is a problem.

This is all due to the ONE SKIN they all still use. I was able to extract from the SFS files the original game skin,
 and re-textured it and re-sized it to a modest and more useful size.
I tested all the aircraft that use these 3d-model "ordinance weapons" (from Luftwaffe and Soviet airplanes) and now they all look much better.
So any aircraft still using the OLD Default 3d-models will ALL look brand new once again  ;)
Trust me, you will want to add this to your game.

I have also included a new re-textured Luftwaffe Rocket-Rack (originally made from wood) but more historically correct as in real life
and much used in combat (dirty and smokey).    - During my tests I discovered that in some aircraft (like the Me-262) this new skin shows up, but
in some others (like the FW-190) it also shows the original "Clean version". 
Maybe there is some mod-aircraft in my game still using the original Clean-version - BUT... it is also a nice surprise !  Because I can now have
both versions!   A new aircraft that never used the R4M rockets and on other aircraft I see a "Used-version" from a combat veteran  ;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In this package I have included the skin-template so you can do color changes to your weapons if you wish.
The UV-Mapping from each individual weapons is also include in this skin-template , so you can SEE where the colors
are coming from the skin. Each ordinance-weapon uses a diferent part of the skin coloring.

It is very easy to install into your Mod-game. There is a "READ ME" inside the download package  ;)

--- DOWNLOAD --- https://www.mediafire.com/file/q3859iu0qr14qxe/NEW_Ordinance_Weapons_Skin_and_Template.7z/file

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are way too many screenshots I have to post here for you to see each individual "ordinance weapon", so I post for you
just a few so you can notice what this ONE SKIN can do to all the weapons.
There are about 300+ aircraft (Luftwaffe and Soviet) which use these weapons  and they ALL use this One skin for them  ;)

-

-

-

-

-

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

SAS~Skylla

• SAS Team
  • Flying Ass Clown N°24
Re: ORDINANCE = New Default skin for Rockets + Bombs + Gunpods +
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 03:09:30 AM »

many thanks Max, downloaded and installed :D
When all else fails: read the instructions!

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 08:37:12 AM »

In my game most of these bombs and rockets (Ampoule, AB-250/500, AO-10, RS/BRS-82/132, ptab-25, Ki-84PLN2, etc) have their own 256 or 512 skin. The M-13 rocket, VAP-250, german droptank and gunpods (<-RLM 76) indeed use this _ordnance.tga skin.

Piotrek1

• SAS IL BYTES BACK
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 10:00:23 AM »

Hi Max,
Nicely done , it was a much needed work, thank you very much.
Could you please have a look at the 900-liter droptank, I tried to repaint it but this is beyond my skills,
besides the completely blue version they were also painted in green-blue colors,
I really like the scheme of painting the fuel tank on Bf-110 below, would it be possible to get a similar effect in our game( as a second variant of painting)?

Best regards,
Piotrek

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 11:58:21 PM »

I could only identify a handful of weapons which use this texture:

Maybe this texture was used in the stock game once, but I know that most of the weapons/fuel tanks were already updated and got their own texture file/3d update back in the AAA days by Zorin (2008-2009). Vpmodpack has a special version (never published outside the modpack) of this weapons mod of course.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 08:32:25 AM »

Hello Istvan, that new skin you made looks super nice  ]cheers[ I have also saved it for my game.

On your skin version, the Blue colored areas which is used for the Soviet Rocket racks, is also being used
as a Machine-gun barrel in the underwing-Pods on some of the old 3d-models. Look at the UV-map files I included
with the skin-template. It is a dificult decision to choose a good color for this area of the skin.

I know we already have alot of these weapons re-done with new 3d-models and new skins (I also have them),
but there are still some of the default weapons being used with the new aircraft mods, so this
skin was needed to upgrade their looks.
At least it will make them look a little bit better until newer 3d-models are created for these default "ordinance" items.

When I discovered that these items had a 64x64 skin, I just had to laugh out loud :D
It surely needed something a little bit bigger and with some details for them.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 01:48:26 PM »

No, most of those gunpods and bombs were reworked by Zorin a decade ago.
As you can see they're refering to it as released ' long time ago' in 2011:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,13006.0.html

Zorins improved weapon mods are included in vpmodpack of course, #SAS/Arms folder. Only the stock game uses most of those textures you got in the UV maps.

gilles64

Korrigan

• SAS Honourable Member

gilles64

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2021, 12:48:39 PM »

Many thanks  Korrigan!! :) ;)
for the new link
and
Very big thanks to max_thehitman !!! ]notworthy[ :D

Best regards,

Gilles
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 27 queries.