Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Panzerblitz" revamping  (Read 4765 times)

SAS~Skylla

• SAS Team
  • Flying Ass Clown N°24
Re: "Panzerblitz" revamping
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2019, 04:54:34 AM »

[...] I am not at all satisfied with the performance of the PB1 and PB2 rockets on the Fw 190F-8 "Panzerblitz". After hundreds of launches, only once I hit something! And it's not my fault, because AI too has never destroyed anything!

I think that the rockets, both modeled, at least aesthetically, like R4M in DBW, need a revision, as was done for Wfr. Gr. 21.
Hi Greybeard,

I just had a look at the performance of the PB1 and PB2 rockets in my UP3 installation. As far as I know, the Claymore pack is also incorporated there.
In my test it was possible for me to destroy every tank (ranging from early T-26 to Maus) with a single hit from either PB1 or PB2.
So imho they seem to be quite powerful already.
The limitation of course is that you have to score a direct hit since those rockets carry a hollow charge warhead.

What happens in your install when you score a direct hit? You can try the according classfiles from UP3 for comparison: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2k5wk57xd03rbbq/Panzerblitz.7z/file
Just drop the folder with the classfiles into your install's modfolder. Keep in mind that it must be above the folder with your original PB mod.
When all else fails: read the instructions!

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2019, 02:57:20 AM »

What happens in your install when you score a direct hit? You can try the according classfiles from UP3 for comparison: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2k5wk57xd03rbbq/Panzerblitz.7z/file

Hi Skylla,

and thanks for the kind reply. I shall test your classfiles ASAP. Currently, I've not Claymore pack installed in UP3RC4. Moreover, I see Pb1 and 2 are modeled differently in UP as visual aspect (don't know if it matters about their effectiveness). I'll test with and without your classfiles and report.
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2019, 06:43:12 AM »

Hi again Skylla,

I performed some quick test, with and without your classfiles. Not relying at all in my own marksmanship, I played in autopilot all missions. AI was always set to Average skill, environment was Kuban, no AAA, target: armor. Here follos the output:

UP3RC4

UP3RC4

UP3RC4

UP3RC4

DBW (with Claymore megapack installed)

where mod means with your classfiles.

In short, DBW (or Claymore's pack, I don't know which of the two) has a flaw about Panzerblitz rockets, that is perfectly cured by your mod (please notice how Rockets Hit % jumps from ZERO to 25 - 42!).

Your classfiles also model the two rockets like they are by default in UP3, that's to say Pb1=RS-82 and Pb2=...Panzerblitz! This also implies some inaccuracy in their positioning (originally made for R4M):

At any rate, your mod is exactly what I was looking for! A big thank you! ;D

Cheers,
GB
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

SAS~Skylla

• SAS Team
  • Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2019, 09:55:07 AM »

Hi greybeard,

great to see you got what you wanted  :)
But, this is not a mod of mine but merely classfiles extracted from UP3 itself.

To be honest, I didn't check on the AI hitrate. I simply shot at static tanks and looked at the outcome when the rocket hit. When the rocket misses the tank there shouldn't be much damage anyway.
Looking at the screenshots of the mod you posted: It seems indeed as if the position of the rockets in your orignial version of the mod is wrong.

What I do not know is why PB1 looks like the RS-82. It seems like the actual model for the PB1 gets used by the PB2, since the difference between those two is that the PB2 got a more aerodynamically improved warhead.

actual PB2 rocket:

your pic:

That looks more like what I would expect for the PB1 ...

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2019, 06:16:12 PM »

I did some research about this weapon system already when added FW 190F-8/Pb to a campaign of mine, time ago, being unable to get a clear picture of the whole thing. It looks that Pb1 was similar to R4M, whilst the Pb2 had a sui generis shape, similar to that modeled in UP3. Some source describes Pb1 as derived from Russian RS-82. Also a Pb3 was in the study, whose prototypes may have introduced some more confusion in reports and researches.

Some hint here:
http://www.luftarchiv.de/index.htm?/flugkorper/blitz.htm

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2019, 08:26:02 PM »

What was the exact color of these rockets during WW2 ?

I do not fancy the coloring of the skins on these rockets. Another set of skins I will have to re-paint for our game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UAAAAAHAHAHA :)) Such a tiny little skin!
I just discovered that most of the weapons from 4.12 and earlier Original games all share a common skin from
"_ordinance" Textures folder ... AND that skin size is sized 64x64

It is no wonder some of the original game weapons are looking weird in coloring, but the 3d-modeling on them is very nice.
This will take a little while to re-paint this skin and make it to a modest size of 512x512 for more detailing on the models.

I have already extracted all the SFS files from 4.12 game to look inside. Now I need to see which weapons share this common skin
file from "ordinance" textures.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2019, 01:16:08 AM »

Hello Max,

it looks so wonderful, bring it out please!

Best regards,

Gerhard  :)
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

SAS~Skylla

• SAS Team
  • Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2019, 02:29:39 AM »

That looks great :D
Looking forward to release!

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2019, 09:01:28 PM »

OK Guys, I am happy you like them.

Go and download the package and install this into your game.

ORDINANCE = New Default skin for Rockets + Bombs + Gunpods +
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=60869.msg670142#msg670142

With these new skins, now we REALLY need some "Panzerblitz" revamping !!  ;D

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2019, 03:26:15 AM »

Hello Max,

simply wonderful, thank you very much.

Best regards, Gerhard  :)

Click the pics...:

FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2019, 02:30:27 PM »

Very cool. Amazing, isn't it, what a large difference a seemingly small change can make. I imagine too I would be amazed at what a large amount of work it takes to make what appears to be a small change.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2019, 01:01:56 PM »

Indeed your are correct. It is sometimes the small changes that make a big impact on how we see things.

One of the things I am still testing with Claymore´s FW-190 megapack is the light-shine values for these
weapons. I feel as if they are too bright and shine too much, specially the rocket-rack. Once I discover the file and
a good value to change on the files for these aircraft I will report on my findings. I would like to see it look more natural
and also include my version of a used and dirty rocket-rack. At the moment it is still using the original clean-version which
looks as if it has never been used.

These details could have been done many years ago when this mod came out, but there are just so many things still
left to do with these models,  I just do not have the available time.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 27 queries.