Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Invasion Rabaul Campaign  (Read 809 times)

DHumphrey

• Missioneer
  • Campaign / Mission Builder
Invasion Rabaul Campaign
« on: February 21, 2019, 06:48:32 PM »

Hello All,

Here is my newest contribution to our community, I hope that you enjoy.  :)

Compatibility:  IL2 4.12.2m VPmod/SAS version or later is required

A semi-historical 20 mission campaign based on the Japanese Invasion of Rabaul during 1941-1942.

Ki-21-II Medium Bomber

Armed H8K1 Seaplane

The Invasion of Rabaul, also known by the Japanese as Operation R, was fought on the island of New Britain in the Australian Territory of New Guinea, in January and February 1942.

A6M Zero Fighters Over Rabaul

A6M Fighter, Hurt heading back to the Carrier Akagi.

It was a strategically significant defeat of Allied forces by Japan in the Pacific campaign of World War II, with the Japanese invasion force quickly overwhelming the small Australian garrison, the majority of which was either killed or captured.

D3A Dive Bomber - Target Rabaul Fuel Storage Area

Hostilities on the neighboring island of New Ireland are also usually considered to be part of the same battle. Rabaul was significant because of its proximity to the Japanese territory of the Caroline Islands, site of a major Imperial Japanese Navy base on Truk.

B5N Torpedo Bomber - Target naval vessels heading for the Simpson Harbor

Following the capture of the port of Rabaul, Japanese forces turned it into a major base and proceeded to land on mainland New Guinea, advancing toward Port Moresby.

Japanese Sea Plane Base on Malakata Island

I tried to keep the campaign as historical as possible with correct dates and times that I've been to accurately research.  Due to limitations of the flight simulation some minor deviations were required, however, these deviations do not detract from the historical value depicted in this campaign.

*The campaign has been submitted to M4T and is awaiting approval.
*Skin artists are noted in the read-me file.

Enjoy.  :)
Sincerely, DHumphrey

JG51_Ruski

Re: Invasion Rabaul Campaign
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 07:50:03 PM »

DHumphrey ,,, Love your work,!! I have a question I merged my VP install into BAT  If I load the VP mod through the selector will this mod work ??
Semper Fi

DHumphrey

• Missioneer
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 08:36:56 PM »

DHumphrey ,,, Love your work,!! I have a question I merged my VP install into BAT  If I load the VP mod through the selector will this mod work ??
Hello Ruski,

I think it should work … I'm not sure as I do not have B.A.T. I know that others have used the program you've suggested in the past on my campaigns and they've been able to fly them without much difficulty. The key is the maps, if you have the maps then I think you'll be fine. The aircraft I used are all pretty standard for all versions of the game save the CAC_Wirraway, I've included this aircraft as part of the download. Just install per the readme directions.  :) There is also a required MAP install, I've also included this map as part of the download, again follow the read-me instructions.  :)

Let me know if I can assist you further, once M4T has approved the campaign I'll post the download Link. :)
Sincerely, DHumphrey

DHumphrey

• Missioneer
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 12:47:20 AM »

M4T has approved the campaign and now it can be found here:

Invasion Rabaul Campaign

Enjoy  :)
Sincerely, DHumphrey

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 01:19:08 AM »

Sounds exciting, many thanks for sharing,  8)

blackshark

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 04:44:14 AM »

thank you very much for this PTO campaign

please remember a campaign with the Hellcats ... there are so few of them (almost all campaigns with US-PTO are with Wildcats ...)

DHumphrey

• Missioneer
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 01:25:59 PM »

thank you very much for this PTO campaign

please remember a campaign with the Hellcats ... there are so few of them (almost all campaigns with US-PTO are with Wildcats ...)
No worries Blackshark :) I'll have a look at possibly putting one together once I've completed the desert campaign I'm currently working on. I should be done with it very soon.
Sincerely, DHumphrey

stanislao

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 05:12:44 AM »

Hei DHumphrey, from the images that you have published, the definition of the sea waves is really horrible .... you should do something to reach the "Perfect" level, the difference is really abysmal, I have been fighting for years with this problem, to this day I can not understand why on my Windows7 I get a magnificent representation of the foam on the crests of the waves, while on windows10 there is no way to make the foam appear, I changed all the parameters of the video card without success ... by the way, Thank you for your work, the Rabaul map always gives me a great flying pleasure!   ;)

DHumphrey

• Missioneer
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2019, 01:42:28 PM »

Hello Stanislao,

I'm using a Dell computer that I bought from Wallmart and it has Windows 10 installed. Right now I just have the stock on-board video system, not a card, I'm to poor to get a good card right now. We are trying to get our house ready for sale and move back to the mainland. Once there I hope I can get my PC running where I can get perfect settings.  :)
Sincerely, DHumphrey
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 25 queries.