Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: fokker g1  (Read 3067 times)

denko9001

Re: fokker g1
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2019, 07:50:27 PM »

Well, believe or not...
But the bug I have described earlier is still valid.

no full quotes!

Does this mean that the both CX's can't be flown unless you turn the setting off? If I copy a cockpit file from another biplane, rename it, and put it in the cockpit folder for the CX (just like the G1) it should work.

denko9001

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2019, 07:51:56 PM »

Again, I do not have this problem in my master install, I can't reproduce this error. I have a perfectly working cockpit without any alterations.
Therefore I do not consider this a general issue.

Do you have any additional mods or JSGME mods activated?
I have stabilizers for all aircraft in jtw, tga, waw and dof active but those don't do anything you can't do in musketeer already. I will try disabling them.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2019, 10:05:57 PM »

that stabs JSGME is either 3rd party or long outdated. stabs for all is available by default in BAT, no need to add anything.

Dimlee

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2019, 01:48:49 PM »

Does this mean that the both CX's can't be flown unless you turn the setting off? If I copy a cockpit file from another biplane, rename it, and put it in the cockpit folder for the CX (just like the G1) it should work.

All three aircraft I mentioned can not be flown unless you turn the setting off.
Again, there might be more aircraft affected by this bug.
There is a slight chance that the bug is my own "fault"... But it was in CUP and it appeared again in BAT and I tried to keep all my installations clean and not to play with files, except adding a couple of new maps.
It would be interesting to know, does this error happen with other users?

As for cockpit files replacement, sorry, I know nothing about that.

redwolf

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2020, 10:26:19 PM »

Well, believe or not...
But the bug I have described earlier is still valid.
Just to quote my old message about CUP.
If HakenAllowed is enabled in conf.ini (HakenAllowed=1), following aircrafts lose cockpits:
Fokker G1
Fokker CX Pegasus
Fokker CX Hispano
Once it is disabled (HakenAllowed=0) cockpits are back and planes are flyable again.

I have done the same experiment in BAT v.3.5 Musketeer. Results are the same.
A. HakenAllowed=1 (in conf.ini file)
no cockpits for
Fokker G1
Fokker CX Pegasus
Fokker CX Hispano

B. HakenAllowed=0 (in conf.ini file)
cockpits return.

I did not check all aircraft, certainly. So some other models might be effected as well.

I had the exact same problem - never flew any of these aircraft so didn't realize there was a problem until I attempted to fly one of Poltava's campaigns (Battle for Holland). No cockpits for the Fokker G1 (nor Fokker CXs) - this with Pegasus installed (3.8.1) and no mods running. Changing the HakenAllowed=0 and they now suddenly appear --- weird! But if anyone else runs into this, it is a work around (though not ideal). 

cbradbury

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2020, 04:39:10 AM »

Well, 'HakenAllowed' is not in the default config.ini for BAT 3.8.1, and all the cockpits work fine.

Therefore, the problem would only arise if you added it to disable the swastika for moral or legal reasons (swastika is enabled by default in BAT).

barber

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2020, 05:08:22 AM »

Hi
All work fine for me in the latest BAT.  ;D

Cheers
Barber

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2020, 08:11:00 AM »

I had the exact same problem - never flew any of these aircraft so didn't realize there was a problem until I attempted to fly one of Poltava's campaigns (Battle for Holland). No cockpits for the Fokker G1 (nor Fokker CXs) - this with Pegasus installed (3.8.1) and no mods running. Changing the HakenAllowed=0 and they now suddenly appear --- weird! But if anyone else runs into this, it is a work around (though not ideal). 

You are doing it wrong.
Did you know there is a specific Hakencross disabler mod in BATMODS?  #WAW_00_BAT_Hakencross_Disabler
It was introduced specifically and is only a graphic mod with no known side effects.

You can leave your conf.ini alone (it's even recommended) and just activate this mod through JSGME and the German Hakencosses will be made invisible in WAW module. It does not affect any cockpits at all.

redwolf

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2020, 11:35:48 AM »

Thank you. I actually want the Hakenkreuz displayed. It was just the missing cockpits issue that I searched for as I discovered I had this problem, found this solution Dimlee mentioned, tried it, and it cleared up the missing cockpit issue for me. Will look into solving it without any .ini editing. Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 25 queries.