Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DCG campaigns  (Read 2471 times)

blackshark

DCG campaigns
« on: February 06, 2019, 07:28:24 AM »

I have some questions on DCG campaigns ...
- in my il2 i have already installed and playing 4 static campaigns .. may i create&play a new dcg campaign or i risk to "damage" the saves/files of alredy active static campaigns?

- i cannot play a dgen campaign with a running dcg campaign ?

- may i have two active dcg campaigns at the same time ? How to manage them ? Can i play them switching between one and the other ?

sniperton

Re: DCG campaigns
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 08:14:01 AM »

I haven't used DCG for more than a year, so I hope I remember correctly:

Generated DCG mission files are saved and stored in separate folders.
You can have as many concurrent DCG campaigns as you want.
They don't interfere with "static" campaigns either. You can switch between them any time without leaving the game.

DGen campaigns are a different matter. Normally DCG works by replacing DGen.exe: if DCG is enabled, you can only play DCG campaigns and static campaigns; if DCG is disabled, you can only play stock DGen campaigns and static campaigns. But they don't erase or overwrite the files of each other, to the effect that after disabling DCG you can continue a DGen campaign as well.

Be careful, though. DCG has many quirks. As a rule of thumb, stock DCG campaigns (coming with DCG) work in all mod versions, but without the mod-specific extra planes and units.
If you want to have mod-specific content, make sure you use DCG campaigns created for that particular modpack.

JG51_Ruski

Re: DCG campaigns
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 08:41:31 AM »

Thanks blackshark...think it's best to just leave Stalingrad as it is..Plenty of content there
Semper Fi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 23 queries.