Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VPMod and DGEN  (Read 160 times)

JG51_Ruski

VPMod and DGEN
« on: February 02, 2019, 07:54:58 AM »

I have an excellent guide to install DGEN into Bat and have it working well but there qare steps I can't figure out how to do in VPMod  These are the steps..I don't see a dgen folder in VPMod..Reading posts I figure DGEN works in VPMod but can't figure out how to follow these steps,,As always thank you for any help

4. Make a safe copy of your "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\DGen" folder!

5. Copy all files from "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\IL2DCG\Data\dgen" in your "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\DGen" folder!

6. Copy all files from "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\IL2DCG\Data\aces" in your "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\DGen\aces" folder!

7. Now, make a shortcut of the  "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\IL2DCG\il2dcg.exe" on your Desktop and name it e.g. "DCG for Mods"

8. Double click the new shortcut and the first thing you see, is a friendly welcome window! Press
Semper Fi

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
Re: VPMod and DGEN
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 12:31:07 PM »

DGEN is the stock IL2 dynamic campaign generator. DCG is Paul Lowengrin's Dynamic campaign generator. DCG is an addon that can either replace or be used in conjunction with DGEN.

DGEN comes with VPmodpack and comes with a comprehensive collection of DGEN campaigns. It looks like what you are trying to do, or have done (I am not sure which from your post), is install DCG into VPmodpack. The instructions you are using for BAT (Lonestar's Install guide?) will work the same for VPmodpack. Once you have DCG installed you can toggle between using DCG and DGEN by choosing Mode-->Replace Career Generation from the DCG main menu. When that option is checked you are running DCG; when unchecked you are running DGEN.

JG51_Ruski

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 12:58:49 PM »

vonofterdingen  Bad post on my part I'm trying to install DGC into Vp Mod got it running well in Bat..But the part I was stuck on was the DGEN folder taking a second look and found it was there in the VPMod..I apologize got a bit twisted around and now I can see how to proceed,,just a total error on my part..Thank you for taking the time to reply  I like the DCG in BAT and once I get it working in VP's mod I'm sure it will be fine
Semper Fi

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 01:46:32 PM »

Yes, I have it working in both myself. Installation is the same. No apology necessary.

JG51_Ruski

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 02:26:42 PM »

Thanks M8,,Got it in and seems to be working well...DCG is a good program and does a great job I can generate just what i like to fly
Semper Fi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 25 queries.