Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FOV issue - updated logfile with correct info for CTD mod 3.5  (Read 1535 times)

BIOSURGE

• WOLVERINE
  • WISH I WAS AT 65000 FEET IN A JET
FOV issue - updated logfile with correct info for CTD mod 3.5
« on: January 15, 2019, 08:11:36 PM »

<script src="https://pastebin.com/embed_js/sjbHK6As"></script>

I believe this is the logfile that was needed for the previous BAT tech help request. I am having problems with mod 3.5 CTD when trying to load any flight. I have I think found a situation with the FOV mod. I take out the FOV mod via JSGME and it seems to be ok. But I am not sure at this time.
Thanks for your help. I am really not sure what to do here.
JOE "BIOSURGE" WOLFGANG MOZART

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS

BIOSURGE

• WOLVERINE
Re: updated logfile with correct info for CTD mod 3.5
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 09:45:41 PM »

VPmedia,
I checked the link you sent me. I am not able to find a solution to my particular problem in there. I will look again, but I was wondering if you could help me by being a bit more specific.
Thank you

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 10:12:10 PM »

yes, there is a persistent conflict with FOV mod IIRC... I am not an expert but I think there was.
I also believe this is what VP wanted to tell.

If that's so it even should be added to the auto remove routine next time.

BIOSURGE

• WOLVERINE
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 10:35:18 PM »

Vampire,
Thank you for your post, I am happy to say I have found the solution to the FOV mod. The 3.5 mod is working perfectly and I am running the game as I write. I will write out what I did, >BTW< not completely my idea, I am not taking credit for it, but I was able to do less and come out with the same results. I have to take some notes. It's late here and I have to be up in a few hours so I am heading for bed. I will update post in the afternoon California Pacific time.
Thanks for all the help and suggestion's.

BIOSURGE

• WOLVERINE
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 10:51:07 PM »

I had to load this before leaving. I followed BUGMUG's directions and the mod 3.5 and back will now work With the FOV mod in place. The only difference is I deleted the first file instead of all but one file. I tested this on all versions very quickly and found they all worked great as far as I had time to test. I did not test TGA, nor any of the other modules except for WAW. I did use the suggestion for making the mod load later by renaming to 0000 instead of 00.
I am really heading for bed now. Thank You.

Re: BAT 3.4 incl Enginemod hotfix - FOV mod crashing
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 09:08:56 AM »
ReplyQuote
Hello!

I've got the same problem with the #BAT_00-FOV Mod running WAW. I made  a fresh install according to the instructions given - as I frickeld around with the EngineMod before due to non moving ships - and the game won't even load with the #BAT_00-FOV Mod activated.

I opened the #BAT_00-FOV Mod for WAW (you can find it here: [BAT Installation main directory]\BATMODS\#BAT_00-FOV Mod\#WAW3\!0000_Aircraft_Options ) and counted five files.
So I looked up, what is inside the FOV mod folder of my old CUP Installation and found only a file named 19EF8DC806613AE4.
So I made a backup of the ...#WAW3\!0000_Aircraft_Options folder and deleted all files inside it except of 19EF8DC806613AE4.
Then I activated the FOV Mod via JSGME, relauched the game and, voilà, it works.
I don't know, what the other four files are for, so maybe something else may be inflicted. I built myself a new JSGME FOV MOD option just for this file ....just in case.

I checked this for the WAW module only. I don't know, if it works for other modules, too.

Hope this might help.

Kind regards,
BigMug

BIOSURGE

• WOLVERINE
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 10:43:37 AM »

has anyone tried the BugMug suggestion and been successful in the working the other modules?
I woul like to hear what other people hsve experienced or experimented on this FOV mod
I hope this is going to work with all modules of BAT.
Again,Thank you for a great amazing flight sim.
I really cannot live without this.
joe

BIOSURGE

• WOLVERINE
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 07:53:45 PM »

VP media,
Thank You for your help. I did find what I needed.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 10:14:18 PM »

interesting "fix"
Please let us know if you run into any trouble.

BIOSURGE

• WOLVERINE
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 01:05:54 PM »

So far everything is OK. tried many different missions and no problems across the board. I am very pleased that BUGMUG was able to figure this out and post. really great bit of detective work.
I will continue to test today., and report any problems.
Thank You,
Joe

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 05:54:56 AM »

Good finding guys.

B.A.T. V3.5 MUSKETEER

File 19EF8DC806613AE4 (CmdFov.class) is present in #DOF3 and #TGA3 (folder Classes-!SAS-CommonUtils) but missing in #WAW3 and #JTW3.

Copying over 19EF8DC806613AE4 to #WAW3\Classes-!SAS-CommonUtils\ and #JTW3\Classes-!SAS-CommonUtils\ brings indeed the FOV-Mod back to World at War and Jet War eras (I just tested it).

BATMODS\#BAT_00-FOV Mod is redundant at this point and probably more harmful than useful.

Someone please change the title of the topic please (to at least include FOV) or this info will get buried and lost.
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 27 queries.