Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Map editing in BAT?  (Read 798 times)

The_Alaska_Man

• TAM
  • Modder
  • Map modder
Map editing in BAT?
« on: January 15, 2019, 12:31:39 AM »

Hello SAS, I have returned after a long hiatus and I am looking forward to getting back into making jet era airfields.

I have my install all the way up to BAT 3.5 on 4.12.2.

I have a quick question though, is it possible to edit maps within a BAT module? or would I need to use SAS modact for that?

I hope to hear from you all  ;D
Just call me TAM.

Vampire_pilot

Re: Map editing in BAT?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 08:34:08 AM »

Hi and welcome back!
Thanks for considering BAT :)

Map modding is absolutely possible. The folders #DOF3, #TGA3, #WAW3 and #JTW3 function as the "Mod" folders for each era. what happens in there is straight forward modding and is restricted to the respective era module.

Generally, in BAT we roll out map mods for all packs equally but for you personal pleasure that must not concern you.
Just the fact is that all objects are available in all era modules exactly the same.

The_Alaska_Man

• TAM
  • Modder
  • Map modder
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 03:33:26 PM »

Hello Vampire and thank you for the reply.

In the past I have used the map editing kit by UP~Boomer with the _Unlocked FMB_ and _UnlockedMaps_, activated by JSGME.

I've put those folders in the BATMODS jsgme folder and when activating them in the JSGME, and launching a module, there is a 70% crash.

Do I need to use something different in order to edit maps and not use Boomer's kit?
Just call me TAM.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 10:22:08 PM »

well, as a modder you should know that this is impossible to answer with the little info you give. I don't know what Boomers kit is or what it does and we don't know the reason for your CTD... a log might tell you more. 70% is usually some ini file affair.

so it's impossible to say what the issue is here.

what I wanted to explain is that there is no unusual magic behind how BAT #... folders work.
Of course there may be incompatibilities with mods present... so maybe you can't use a specific "deep" mod, that's very much possible.

If it's easier, use a VP install to make the map and then install it in BAT to look after and fix the objects if there are any.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 23 queries.