Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: JV69_Lybia_NE_CR/vkg_El_AlameinCR (Curved roads)  (Read 9056 times)

jijrod

Re: JV69_Lybia_NE_CR/vkg_El_AlameinCR (Curved roads)
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2019, 05:08:16 PM »

Now I'm getting
INTERNAL ERROR: Can't open file 'MAPS/_Tex/TB_e0.tga' INTERNAL ERROR: LoadTextureFromTga('MAPS/_Tex/TB_e0.tga').
 I went into the _tex file and found a TB file which contains  TB_e1.tga' and TB_e2.tga' . Not the one mentioned.

Hank

Sikshoota

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2019, 05:59:44 PM »

Nowekat,

THANKS! Your last de-compression fix did the trick. Once again a very fine road mod!

Mechanic

...and "Viola", same here, now working just fine.

For those who may find the following useful, here's my steps, after initial failures (see earlier posts) to successfully loading the map (you can leave the all.ini insitu IF it reads as...  vkg_El_AlameinCR  vkg_El_AlameinCR/load.ini  ).

1.  Completely un-install/delete the complete contents of the El_Alamein zip, ie the Tex & Map files.

2.  Re-download Nowekats latest El_Alamein zip then extract contents to wherever you wish, desktop is good.

3.  Install as per Nowekats instructions.

Now its time to start transferring some old missions to these new maps by changing the .mis Map Load name to the new load.ini...

Great Stuff Nowekat & thanks to those others too like Mechanic who helped with the problem solving.

What a community we have here!!

S'
Sik

mechanic

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2019, 08:19:06 PM »

Now its time to start transferring some old missions to these new maps by changing the .mis Map Load name to the new load.ini

Hadn't thought of that, so I went to M4T and downloaded Poltava's Libya_1941_Hurricane campaign which uses the JV69_LYBIA_N-E map, edited the first mission .mis file to recognize the JV69_Lybia_NE_CR map and yielded a working mission with curving roads (see attached images). With Poltava's permission I would be happy to try and edit all 9 missions within the campaign and make them available directly here or through him.

Alfie Noakes

• Art Director
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2019, 05:38:29 AM »

I can confirm Sikshoota & mechanic's findings......
Re downloaded the El Alamein file and corrected load.ini and map loads and saves  ;D
Once again many thanks for your innovative work !

Cheers

Alfie
Everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds

xxxautoxxx

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2019, 09:59:38 AM »

hi gang,

ElAlamein map loads/saves no issue - but new CR Libya wil LOAD, but can;t SAVE mission (either CR version of it??) Any suggestions Pls?

thanks

xAx

Nowekat

• Modder
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2019, 10:00:08 AM »

jijrod, the TB_e0.tga is a cloud texture and i think it's a standard file. If your other TB-files are also clouds, just rename one.

You named the problem but no help is possible when someone just is posting "there is a problem." A log is needed here.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2019, 12:47:07 PM »

These maps look superb with the new roads, thank you very much, really appreciated. 8)

There is a link to the texture TB_e0.tga in this thread, thanks to Mike:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,58926.msg657614.html#msg657614

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

jcalonso

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2019, 12:45:09 PM »

Hi guys,

Thanks to Nowecat and everyone working to get these wonderful curve roads maps into IL2.

It will be very helpful, once all problems solved, if someone can please post the whole corrected .7z files for these maps in this forum.

Thanks in advance and congratulations for a great job.

JC

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2019, 01:33:03 PM »

@Nowekat
Thank you very much for these new maps ! ;)

A quick question: What is the initial version of this map? 412 ? 413 ?
Because I see I'm missing static objects.
No special objects, fortunately!
Maybe you're the one who added objects?
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

mechanic

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2019, 09:33:50 PM »

With the kind permission of SAS Poltava I edited his Battleaxe 2: Flying the Hurricane IIc Campaign missions to incorporate the new MAP JV69_Lybia_NE_CR curved road map from Nowekat into BAT 3.5.  While I successfully edited the missions I could not get them to run as a Campaign - the Campaign just wouldn't load for me even though the campaign.ini remained unchanged and the mission names did not change. If anyone can guide me on how to properly link single missions to a campaign format in BAT 3.5 please do. The missions can however be run as single missions and I have uploaded them to be downloaded from here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vl7uvflvg27fx0q/Hurricane_-_Operation_Battleaxe.rar/file

Just extract to your root file

I also re-worked Battleaxe - Breda 65, with the same results plus, in the port over to BAT 3.5 I found I was missing a number of vehicle objects which did not interfere with the missions. As well the Breda 65 from DreamK (https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,20459.0.html ) is in TGA, not WAW, so I manually added them (2 versions are in the various missions) to the WAW folder after downloading through https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,20459.0.html . A couple of missions also actively deploy the A-20_DB7_BostonMkII which can be found here https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,1126.0.html and again can be loaded into WAW.  The Breda missions can be downloaded from here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/nbv8cd0wcf58s7a/Battleaxe_Breda_65__Italian_Desert_Single_Missions.rar/file

Thanks - and all credit - goes to Nowekat, Poltava, Dreamk and Charlie Chap

Enjoy the curved road scenery.

Mechanic

stanislao

• Modder
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2019, 10:27:59 AM »

;D Excellent work also on the NWeurope dearest Nowekat! Unfortunately I tried to correct the map JV69_Lybia_NE_CR, but I can not open it, a real pity, if you consider that 70% of my fun happens on the African skies.
I do not think conflicts with that of JV69 ....or Yes ??  :(

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2019, 10:51:06 AM »

Unfortunately I tried to correct the map JV69_Lybia_NE_CR, but I can not open it, ...
See your LOG !
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 24 queries.