Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Some Guidance With VP Modpack  (Read 126 times)

ColJimmbo

Need Some Guidance With VP Modpack
« on: January 09, 2019, 09:34:56 PM »

Hello everyone!

I'm new and really green when it comes to VP Modpack.  First and foremost thank you all in advance for your time, patience and help.  What a great site and community!  I would be extremely grateful if someone could help me with what mods are must haves in conjunction with VP Modpack, as far as aircraft skins, maps and textures.  Can I just add these in the JSGME folder and activate them?  Also, every time I install VP Modpack and apply the 7 zip patch, the game starts initially but then returns back to the box where you start the mod for IL2 1946.  If I don't install the patch, it starts up just fine.  Does that mean I do not need the patch?  I followed the install procedure as stated, to include the mega patch for IL2 1946 first, install the VP Modpack and then add the files at the end of the config.ini.  Any expert advice and help is much appreciated. 

Thank you all so very much and have a great day!   

Alfie Noakes

• Art Director
Re: Need Some Guidance With VP Modpack
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 01:30:08 AM »

Hello ColJimmbo

You might want to peruse this from the new member area

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,35719.0.html

This covers the usual problems new members have
Note that some aircraft were built for older versions of the game and won't work with 4.12

Also if you're going to mod IL 2........ BACK UP YOUR GAME....otherwise you'll do an awful lot of swearing  :))

Cheers

Alfie

Conversely, you could download BAT, which will give you access to pretty much all IL 2 has to offer  :P 
Everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds

ColJimmbo

Re: Need Some Guidance With VP Modpack
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 07:06:20 AM »

Thank you so much for your reply Alfie!  I saw something about BAT but veered over to VP Modpack.  I will definitely take a look at BAT.

Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 25 queries.