Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Go-229 goes "Space Shuttle" on landing phase  (Read 1068 times)

Matz

Go-229 goes "Space Shuttle" on landing phase
« on: January 08, 2019, 03:05:38 PM »

OK, this is bizarre. I have a situation with the Go-229 in the landing phase. This happens when it is being flown by the autopilot, or as an AI plane.

Everything works normally right up until the flare of the landing.

Then - without the AI adding any power, or raising the gear (but it does raise the flaps) - the plane goes vertical and climbs at a steady 200 (ish) km/h up to about 5000 metres !!
Just for good measure it also rolls (like the Shuttle launch) - but at max height the AI cuts the tiny amount of engine power and loses interest in staying alive. The crash then happens a few k's from the airfield.

Final approach - all appears good....

At the Flare - we will now fail to hit the ground....

… and go vertical - on minimal thrust and almost max drag

I can add the logfile if it would help - but I have tried this on my main version (4.12.2 Modact 5.3, with loads of planes / textures / etc) and also on a VP Modpack version - with the same results
I noticed this in a mission within a campaign I have built (the 229's are AI eye candy), but the results are similar in QMB - some planes land normally but the first flight always goes vertical.
I thought I had the answer - fuel load - 80% and above worked in QMB but not in the missions (that's when I started biting the keyboard).
My rig is pretty basic: Core i5 650, 8Gb, GTX 650Ti, on Win 10 64 bit.

Can I ask if anyone can replicate this - if it's just my weird setup then so be it.

P.S. On another mission in my campaign I subbed in the 229 and she went to 90,000m - that's X-15 territory !!

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: Go-229 goes "Space Shuttle" on landing phase
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 10:57:13 PM »

Confirmed.
Just for the sake of completeness, this issue seems to have always been there, it also happens on Stock 4.07m.
The lift of the 229 is just way too high and it doesn't stall when AI has control.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Matz

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 06:07:25 AM »

Thanks Mike - it's nice to know I haven't broken the system, although it is odd that some will land OK.

I guess I will have to change the mission - it looks bad to the new pilots when the display team crash!

Strawkalling

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 01:24:48 PM »

I've had AI aircraft (e.g. AT-6/SNJ) going sub-orbital too from just before touchdown. It's entertaining at first, then more than a little annoying when you're trying to put together missions that have a little bit of realism.

Strawkalling

Ivan-le-Rouge

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 04:47:03 AM »

I love the skin. is it possible to share it?

Matz

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 05:39:49 PM »

Hi Ivan

I think I got the skin from the SimRacing site - which is no longer operating. The skin is titled "DaFatsCheckered RaceGo" and is part of a set of at least of three racing skins - but I can't find the original d/l.
Here are the other two:

Could I ask the holders of SAS lore for advice - how can I help share these skins?   Or -  Ivan - PM me and I will send them direct

It seems a shame to lose them...

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 27 queries.