Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Future of JTW  (Read 2341 times)

EL3M3NTAL720

Future of JTW
« on: January 03, 2019, 09:37:32 AM »

I know the BAT/SAS team is working to make this mod ever better than it already is, but i just wanted to ask if there were any plans for more modern Russian and or American fighters coming to JTW? for example: F-22 Raptor, or a Mig-29 or Su-27 etc.

enry711

Re: Future of JTW
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 10:24:46 AM »

I'd love to see the F-15 and the MiG-29 in game. They are in my top 10 favourite planes ;D
I saw that somone had a Alpha version of the MiG-29 but i don't know where that project is gone...
They (F-15 & MiG) would be a nice addition, they fought their important battles, even tho not comparable to the MiG-17/19/21/23 series.

Overall i think that the BAT team needs to focus more on Franken planes that needs to be slowly replaced with new HD 3D models.
For now i'm happy with the current plans of the modders (that unfortunately i can't thank enough); IF one day the new jets like Su-27/30/33/35 or MiG-29/35 or F-15 and F-22 will eventually be implemented i think that Il-2 B.A.T. will be definitely the best flight sim ever made...maybe not top notch flight characteristics, but a complete game over all aspects.

The mod at the current state guarantees infinite possibilities and infinite scenarios: from the mud and the fire on the battlefields of WWI all the way to the 20s and 30s in the so called "Golden Age of Flight" and down again into the apocalypses of WWII to reborn into a new, more extreme era: the Jet Era.

Now, i'm only a member and i know perfectly that there is still A LOT to be done before preceeding to the next generation of planes; but still, they are all good looking and lethal predators and i would love to pilot one in the Il-2 skies :)

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 01:25:35 PM »

Overall i think that the BAT team needs to focus more on Franken planes that needs to be slowly replaced with new HD 3D models.

I could not say better ! That would be more important than new planes !

enry711

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 03:54:48 PM »

New planes are important, but retexturing the old ones (F-111A. Su-15, MiG-25, etc...) it's almost as having new planes.  ;)
I'm personally looking forward for the fantastic Tu-16 of Wasted, another Franken plane replaced with a HD 3D, or the new OV-10 Bronco.

Then it's important to fix bugs with helicopters and loadouts of some planes, and then the planes themselfs, SAMs, ECMs, cockpits...there is still a lot to do in this category. I have a personal list of all bugs i meet during my sessions and i try to report them to the modders.

I really like the idea of the F-15 and MiG-29 in B.A.T. as i said in my previous post but while we wait for someone to start working on these next gen planes we must help them to upgrade the game, to reach the ultimate goal of solving as much bugs as possible. Only when the base platform of this mod is stable we can add more and more content. (watching back BAT v1.0 and then BAT v.3.5 we can see that this awesome mod as improved MASSIVELY in terms of reliability and also content)

Of course this is my opinion and it's completely open to criticism and other ideas ;)

cbradbury

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 02:22:49 AM »

All personal preference, of course, but I love the current collection of early to mid jet development in BAT. The 1950s and 60s had such a variety of designs.

Slightly biased, being English, but how I would love to see three iconic UK jets from that period: Sea Vixen, English Electric Lightning, and the Blackburn Buccaneer.

enry711

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 06:43:52 AM »

I like your suggestions  :)
The Lightning isn't the my favourite plane but it's an important and famous plane and i'd like to have it in game.
Also the Bucaneer and the Sea Vixen are nice suggestions, since the R.A.F. is missing a lot of planes. I'd also appreciate the French planes to be in game like the Etendard, Mirage IV and Mirage V and 2000 that saw various scenarios around the world.
The Etendard is one of my favourite planes  ;D :)

I agree 100% with what you said about early designs, I love too 1960-70 designs; such designs were so unique!

I am very biased with the MiG-29 and F-15 because when I started playing flight sims I loved those 2 in particular. I hope some Modder will start working on these suggestions in the future.
Modern jets are very unlikely to be seen in the next patches :( but I think that the Etendard, Lightning, Sea Vixen, etc...are not an impossible goal.

mandrill

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 11:48:44 AM »

There is a MiG-29 WiP from years ago and it looked great. But no one finished it off!

enry711

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 09:20:16 AM »

Yep...sadly i know :( :( :(
Very sad to know that the project for the MiG-29 is lost somewhere, i hope somebody someday will finish it, the WIP looked so promising with the R-77 missiles and a nice 3D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 24 queries.