Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Armenian churches and cathedrals?  (Read 20103 times)

Mission_bug

• Modder
Re: Armenian churches and cathedrals?
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2019, 03:05:54 PM »

The top church model kind of reminds me of that wonderful looking island church off the coast of France, called Mont Saint-Michel  ;D

Yes, the upper building is Tbilisi Cathedral, both are quite beautiful constructions, I feel Saint Michel would be a life times work for me to construct the whole Island and buildings, maybe best left for someone else. ;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2019, 11:07:53 PM »

There was a Forgotten Hope BF1942 custom Map with Mont St. Michel. If you give Credit, you're good to go. Although low poly enough.
Was a fine running Map if I remember.
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2019, 02:49:51 AM »

There was a Forgotten Hope BF1942 custom Map with Mont St. Michel. If you give Credit, you're good to go. Although low poly enough.
Was a fine running Map if I remember.

I was wondering if we actually had anything available with that magnificent building on it, good to know someone had
a go. 8)

To be honest I have been trying to extricate myself from the IL-2 world as such and concentrate on just trying to learn 3d modelling itself just for the sake of it so taking on a map is outside my zone at the moment I am sorry to say, little fixes and such possibly yes. :(

That said if there is a existing map that could use the object and that object needed to be made IL-2 ready then maybe I could have a go at that, however, my ability is still limited in the 3d field so it really depends on what actually would be necessary to complete it, most of the work I have done so far with objects has involved me getting other peoples work into the game so I am quite well practiced there I think, of course credit is always given for work that comes from another
source. ;)

Take care.

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2019, 03:48:30 AM »

It's the closest I can remember faintly.
Last time I played it was a Decade ago.
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2019, 12:49:43 PM »

The final collection of buildings now with Lods and ready for release, that will come with the WIP map by Uzin they
are intended for. ;)

New updated textures replace my earlier efforts, thank you very much to max_thehitman for those. 8)

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2019, 02:50:50 PM »

Wow. Thanks Mission Bug. These look great. And thanks to Max for the textures and Uzin for the idea.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2019, 03:37:49 PM »

The final collection of buildings now with Lods and ready for release, that will come with the WIP map by Uzin they
are intended for. ;)

New updated textures replace my earlier efforts, thank you very much to max_thehitman for those. 8)

Let me just say that this was colaboration work, because there are still many textures in the models that were done by Mission_Bug .  :)
So I congratulate him on also doing some very cool looking painting on those buildings.

As for the "DEAD" versions, I added some minor destruction to the roof-tops and some little burned effects to the walls. I did not want
to see churches burned to the ground.   
I am not a very religious type of a person, but I am a believer in GOD and the Christian faith is in my heart,
so I hope HE will forgive me for destroying HIS houses.
They are just 3d-models for a crazy game called IL2-1946, nothing in it is "Real" - It is all make-believe.
Use them in your maps and flying adventures... and do try NOT to bomb these churches!

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2019, 04:07:41 PM »

Max and Pete,
many thanks for your nice gifts to our beloved Il-2.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2019, 04:11:18 PM »

Okay, here we go again. :D

I found a model of Tbilisi Sameba Cathedral at 3d warehouse, the only name I could see was Altun Gumbatov so I have to assume that is the author.  There is a Collada file there for download that thankfully could be opened in Blender and converted into a file I was able to open in gmax.

The description at 3d warehouse said 6.143 polygons, however, when I finally opened it in gmax it showed 25271. o_O

I guess there is something in the conversion process between programs that increases the poly count, even so the original for IL-2 was much more than allowed and anyway, the intention was to build it myself I just needed some kind of drawing or template, what better than the model itself. ;)

So, in between listening to a football match and doing a few other things I spent a few short sessions making a start:

As you can see the sketch version is on the left and really is a beautiful model, my firsts attempts to the right.

My model will be a much simpler version, most of the detail by necessity will have to come from textures although I will most likely cut in a few doorways just to add a little variety.

This might take a while, stay tuned as they say.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2019, 04:49:07 PM »

That is a pretty big building to build . Looks great !

I am working on another bigger construction  ;)  I cannot say what it is just yet.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2019, 06:13:30 AM »

I am working on another bigger construction  ;)  I cannot say what it is just yet.

What, bigger than that Cathedral, I am intrigued. ;)

Have you got the Great wall of China on your hard drive by any chance max. :D

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2019, 11:10:46 AM »

Hello guys, a quick update. ;)

That completes the basic structure of the Cathedral, now the tedious job of mapping and cutting in
a few arched doorways.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 25 queries.