Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Armenian churches and cathedrals?  (Read 20135 times)

Mission_bug

• Modder
Re: Armenian churches and cathedrals?
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2019, 10:36:04 AM »

Thank you very much for the links Toobone, really appreciated, I will take a look through. 8)

I hope Uzin does not see these, he will have me building them all. :D

Modern Trynity temple in Tbilisi has the largest size among all the churches of Transcaucasia.
This is the answer to the cathedral  Temple of Christ the Savior in Moscow.  :P

All history temples is a smaller as you can see by links.

The Tbilisi Sameba cathedral is a very impressive structure, it was certainly designed to make a statement. ;)

There are many outstanding religious buildings throughout the region but the Temple of Christ the Savior in Moscow and the Sameba in Tbilisi must rank as some of the finest.

Not sure I have managed to fully capture the immensity and grandeur of the building but I am trying.

Here we see a few of the overlays on the front and side using many images from the internet combined and re-coloured to
try and represent some of the more intricate window arches:

This was done a few days ago, life issues have kept me away from it for a few days but I will carry on later in the week.

Take care.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2019, 03:35:10 PM »

Still working on it but slowly, health and family issues keep me away from the project at the moment. :(

Trying to replicate the ornate detail found at the rear of the building is difficult with textures, for now it is
necessary for me to at least make some attempt in order to make sure I can at least get it to look close
and rectify parts of the model that are not quite right, maybe later one of our artists might improve on
what you see here because I will have hopefully got things aligned to something resembling the original
building:

Looking at photographs has made me make a few alterations in length and also make the arches wider
on these side buildings:

The inner arches of these areas have been changed from the corridors seen in early images to a more
open plan area as seen in photographs, unfortunately this will only be fully visible in game through the
alpha channel.  Changes here stretching and shortening certain parts means I will most likely have to
map these areas again to even things up.

The top of the building should really be heightened but I will leave this as I would have to chop parts out
and remap to get things as they should be.

Take care.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2019, 10:52:26 AM »

First test in game. ;)

Tbilisi, WIP map of Transcaucasia:

The cathedral is in two parts at the moment, not sure if I should leave it like that or join both together.

As it is I could develop a damage model further than just textures, however, for this type of building maybe
just texturing would suffice.

There are some lighting issues and some of the alpha cutouts need a tidy up, also needs lods and shadows.

Take care.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2019, 12:15:04 PM »

Finally all the parts came together and shadows added. ;)

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2019, 12:16:31 PM »

Beautiful

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2019, 04:02:23 PM »

Very cool !
Looking great!  ]cheers[
Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2019, 06:21:49 AM »

Glad you like it guys, thank you very much for the comments, really appreciated. 8)

There are some light issues I cannot cure whatever I do so it will have to ship as is.

I now need to create the lods and a hit box and it is ready to ship to Ivan to see if he wants to add it to the map. ;)

Which reminds me, I have not had any contact with him for some time, hope he is okay. :(

Here is the earlier building already included on the map:

Take care.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2019, 07:59:56 AM »

LOL Tourists  are everywhere

This reminds me of
When I visited Lisbon a few years back , I noticed a graffitti writing on the wall saying "Tourists are Terrorists"  :D
So true.
They are everywhere!

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2019, 09:00:43 AM »

I noticed a graffitti writing on the wall saying "Tourists are Terrorists"  :D

Tourism is a kind of two edged sword, on the one hand there is huge financial and employment potential for a nation to exploit, however, what cost to the buildings and natural landscape itself with so many people coming to enjoy those very things.

In the UK, the Lake District in particular seems at times almost overrun with visitors to the point where it must surely cause tremendous damage, but here as is the case all over the world there is a great wish to be able share your history and natural beauty with others.

The image was prompted by a conversation I had recently with someone who spends a lot of time in the great outdoors, they themselves were bemoaning the huge numbers yet they were equally part of the problem.

You cannot win one way or the other, we are all doomed. :D

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2019, 06:10:03 AM »

The cathedral is finished at last. ;)

I managed to fix the light issues I had, or at least improve things.

Lods are now in place and working.

Damage model works using a texture.

I will send the model on to Ivan to add to his work if he is happy with the finished result.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2019, 07:01:18 AM »

Congratulations Pete! It sure looks great!

Getting there is half the fun. Thanks for having shared the fun with us! Looking forward to the downloadable version.
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2019, 03:12:11 PM »

Congratulations Pete! It sure looks great!

Getting there is half the fun. Thanks for having shared the fun with us! Looking forward to the downloadable version.

Glad you like it whistler.  8)

These projects are certainly fun and interesting to do and I like to share my trials and tribulations with you all, hopefully you guys find them interesting as well and can enjoy looking for the objects when the map is released.

The two models you see in here so far come from the request of the map builder so if both are added you guys will get them with release of the map, the monastery has already been placed on the WIP map and the cathedral will be sent on. ;)

The finishing of the cathedral is not the end of the road for the project as I am in the process of breaking the cathedral down into smaller parts that could theoretically be used in the construction of other buildings, even the cathedral could be scaled down and re-painted, time will tell:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 24 queries.