Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: Armenian churches and cathedrals?  (Read 20140 times)

Mission_bug

• Modder
Re: Armenian churches and cathedrals?
« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2019, 11:52:44 AM »

Hello guys, could some of you please try this WIP of the Etchmiadzini Cathedral for me and report back. ;)

Update 14th September 2019.

Link moved to release thread.
;)

Here in TD 4.12.2 with SAS ModAct 5.30.

Live:

Dead:

Here I added all three models completed so far to my Manam test map in a 4.12 map builder, however, Uzin
has not been able to add the Etchmiadzini Cathedral to his WIP map, I am at a loss to understand why:

The model is complete with Lods and works for me in all versions of the game I have tried it in, however, Uzin and a few
others involved in testing the new map and objects have encountered issues I cannot replicate so it would be good if
a wider group of players could give their thoughts on installation and use in their game.

Also tested in DBW 1.71 without issue as far as I can tell.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2019, 12:17:56 PM »

The Etchiniadzin Cathedral does not appear in MapBuilder version of Il-2.
The ingame versions FMB  show it readily.
Weird thing is that Tbilisi Cathedral shows readily both in MapBuilder and in ingame FMB.
Anybody could help, please?

EDIT:
:
THe mistake is perhaps between the chair and the keyboard:
While ingame Video options /Landscape I have set to Perfect (and the Erchimiadxzin Cathedral readily appears), in Mapbuilder the options is set to Excellent in order to cover larger memory reguest.Then, when trying to add the Etchimiadzin cathedral into MapBuilder, only yellow question mark appears, and when going to 3d view, very small object is visible, which disappears under moving with the mouse nearer.
Please, accept my apologies.
Ivan Uzin

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #134 on: September 11, 2019, 02:32:34 PM »

THe mistake is perhaps between the chair and the keyboard:

Okay Ivan, we have all been there, glad you found the issue. 8)

I put the map into my builder and added the object in a space in Yeravan to see if I could add it:

When I transfered it into my main game all seemed okay, the mission saved, however that is not to say I have
not damaged the static in anyway and my maps are older versions of your test pieces I think so I leave further
work to you. ;)

I will now break the main building down into smaller objects as I did with the others, maybe some parts could be
of use that way for you and others.

Take care.

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #135 on: September 11, 2019, 11:01:36 PM »

That's a beautiful church Mission Bug.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #136 on: September 12, 2019, 12:12:36 PM »

That's a beautiful church Mission Bug.

Thank you very much vonofterdingen, really appreciated. 8)

Hello guys, as far as the issues go, I can see and zoom into the object in my map builder:

That same object on Ivan's map in game:

A mission on that map saved and running:

It works in any normal mission in my 4.12.2 with SAS ModAct 5.30,  I have not tested BAT:

Live:

Dead:

..still not working with integration video (OpenGL, Perfect mod never work, Excelent only):

I can confirm problems as Toobone said with the mode, however for me it is the other way around. ;)

In Excellent the object does not show:

In perfect it does:

Generally I think it is recommended to play IL-2 modded in the highest of those settings, makes water realistic.

I use a 5.30 ModAct version that allows higher RAM setting in the selecter, usually mine is 1024 I think.

Could the issue of the object not appearing in excellent be the texture size, maybe a change to 512 might help.

Seeing others with problems is really frustrating when I cannot replicate those issues, it still seems strange that you
all report the other two objects are okay it was just Etchmiadzini that was different. o_O

Andrew (Grief11) sent me the objects he tested with some corrections to the model, he removed smoothing normals
from shadows dead/live and removed smoothing normals from collision box for live model, these were issues I was not
aware of and I do not know how to find or repair them, these versions were sent to Ivan to share with you and are
part of the WIP link.

As far as 3d moddelling goes I am still paddling at the sea shore rather than swimming out on the ocean, still much to learn. :D

Thank you very much to all who have tested and reported back, really appreciated. 8)

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #137 on: September 14, 2019, 04:39:02 PM »

Hello guys, the link for the final object is now in the release thread. ;)

Some are still having issues with this particular object, however, I am unable to replicate them so it is released as is.

Thank you very much to all who have been involved in this project, your help is really appreciated. 8)

Take care.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #138 on: September 29, 2019, 02:14:24 PM »

Hello again guys, I forgot to add LODs to the Etchmiadzini Cathedral I put in the release thread so decided rather than leave
it as it was I would add them and at the same time break this building down into smaller parts as I have already done with
the others. ;)

The building now has a new texture kindly made by Andrew, (Grief11) from AviaSkins, with lighting changes he adjusted for the model.

There are still a few things still to tidy up before I can update the link in the release thread, hopefully it will be this week though.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 22 queries.