Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AGAINST THE WALL  (Read 2187 times)

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
AGAINST THE WALL
« on: December 13, 2018, 04:47:24 PM »

Download:  http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2634

This is a combination of the chronological campaign series (Against The Wall parts 1-4) depicting the struggle for the Caucasus. It covers the battles against German Army Group A from August 1942 through January 1943.

This Sturmovik campaign is loosely based on the book by 7th Guards pilot Vasily Emelianenko. I took missions from the other four parts, edited them, and combined them into one 60-mission Sturmovik campaign. A couple old missions were deleted and a couple new ones were added. Many of the old missions are made better, IMO.

In the beginning you'll pilot a modified early version of the IL-2 with an added rear gunner. Emelianenko's squadron was down to only two planes during this time. I also created an airfield in the area described by Emelianenko in the book. Historically, Emelianenko's Regiment (or what was left of it) was withdrawn and re-equipped and then returned to the Grozny area to continue the battles for the Caucasus.

Book sources: Battle for the Caucasus by Andrei Grechko; Armageddon in Stalingrad by David M. Glantz; Black Cross Red Star Vol.3 by Christer Bergstrom; The Caucasus and the Oil by Tieke; Red Star Against the Swastika by Vasily Emelianenko.

MUST HAVE
 *The Caucasus MOD map made by yours truly :)
 found here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,10201.0.html
 version 2.0 has textures made by Cyberolas, so if you do not have them, I urge you to get v2.0

*Must have a setup which has takeoff in pairs.

*As with all my campaigns, please have "No Instant Success" always OFF in the "Difficulties" settings.

Created airfield for the first few missions where Emelianenko began his battles in the Caucasus.

cgagan

• SAS Team
Re: AGAINST THE WALL
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 10:30:53 PM »

Looks great, in your tradition of campaign-making. Many thanks for sharing mate,  8)

DHumphrey

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 01:11:43 PM »

This looks excellent CzechTexan !!!  :)

Dimlee

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 04:01:06 PM »

Thank you.
It was overshadowed by later Stalingrad events but it was critical period and quite desperate.
My Dad went into trenches there at the age of 15.

Noted about the mod. Aren't your Cacausus maps included into BAT already?

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 04:40:15 PM »

Thank you to all  8)

Thank you.
It was overshadowed by later Stalingrad events but it was critical period and quite desperate.
My Dad went into trenches there at the age of 15.

Noted about the mod. Aren't your Cacausus maps included into BAT already?
wow Dimlee, that's amazing!  Yes, the events there are overshadowed by Stalingrad and that's why I always thought that the people who fought in the Caucasus should get their fair share of history, just like at Rzhev and Siniavino, all during the same time period.

B.A.T. probably does have the latest map files but I linked it anyway just in case anyone needs to have it.

terenas

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 04:27:11 AM »

Great. I have played the old ones and it was amazing. I will definitely pick it up again. Many Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 24 queries.