Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bombing Accuracy of AI  (Read 1151 times)

Vortex

Bombing Accuracy of AI
« on: November 07, 2018, 08:08:55 AM »

I often notice the terrible bombing accuracy of the ai. Some planes are relative good (like Ju87), others are just not hitting anything (As example all Do17s, they drop the bombs always way too early).
Is there any way to change the bomb timing on a plane? Is this coded into the flight model?

I know about waypoints in the mission builder and stuff, but is there maybe a general way to make the planes better in bombing than my dead grandma? So they can hit something also in DCG or the QMB-Missions with a decent accuracy? This does not have to be like laser targeting. Just reasonable.

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
Re: Bombing Accuracy of AI
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 09:06:45 AM »

Try experimenting with different skill levels for the bombers. Sometimes mission builders set bomber squadrons skill levels to Rookie to limit their gunner effectiveness.

Dimlee

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 11:14:38 AM »

AI's bombing accuracy and (especially) general behaviour during or after the level bombing run can drive a mission maker mad. Watch them suddenly climbing or descending or - even better - making half barrel rolls with bomb bays open...
Besides time consuming experiments with formations and speed/altitude combinations I'm aware of just one remedy: Aimpoint function in C&C (Command and Control) mod.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 11:48:44 AM »

spped, altidude are factors.
also, when you "set a target" in FMB for a level bomber, you can create all kind of funny fighterbomber-ish behaviour.

A level bomber best just flies straight over the target and has a simple gattack waypoint with no target "set". the exact location of the gattack can be finetuned so you get the bomb pattern in the spot yu want it to be

David Prosser

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 10:18:19 PM »

If it's something like a supply dump, I just let the bombs fall on empty ground, make a note of it, and 'place' the dump where they fall. Same for a big marshalling yard. I just place some wagons where the majority of bombs fall.

Dimlee

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 02:56:56 PM »

If it's something like a supply dump, I just let the bombs fall on empty ground, make a note of it, and 'place' the dump where they fall. Same for a big marshalling yard. I just place some wagons where the majority of bombs fall.

Exactly... I do it as well when possible. I does not bring 100% guarantee of course as randomness remain.

Vortex

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 09:44:13 AM »

Ok, thats more of a mission maker topic now. What is ok too. But is there maybe, just maybe, a possibility to say, change the AI-Code?
Behaviors i see very often is:
Bombs too early, even at static targets
and:
Bombs on the point where the moving target would be.

So in one case, the planes are somehow "mistuned", in the other case they just dont register that the target is moving (column, ship, etc.)

Im relative sure the answer too this question is "no", but i ask anyway, maybe as some brain fodder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 24 queries.