Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Farewell  (Read 1976 times)

Adamo

• Modder
Farewell
« on: November 02, 2018, 01:56:46 PM »

Seeing as someone has disrespected my request that my releases not be used in their youtube video's I will not be releasing any more of mine or my fathers works. It's a shame that it only takes one person to screw things up for so many as I have quite a few WIP's and was planning to make a nice Christmas package for you all.

Thanks again for the exemplary sentiments you expresssed in the passing of my father and for all your kind words and interest in my works .

Take care, best wishes and farewell,

Adamo

Gubi

• Flying Ass Clown #34
  • Modder
  • RIP
Re: Farewell
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 02:03:41 PM »

Thanx for your contributions then Adamo.  Both you and your father's work is much appreciated by me.  I speak for myself.  Maybe the cat didn't understand English...  Don't know and don't care.  Still...thanx and salute.  Prost.

Gubi
I am a moron.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 04:00:05 PM »

My dear Adamo,

Why are you sharing your work with the rest of the world. You decided to set a bird free, now let it go fly away, find its way. Drop a tear if you like, cry out loud if you must... we are here to listen and sometimes even help. We may understand or not, agree or disagree. I saw a bird today nearby. Don't remember what it was nor where it came from but it was there, along with others, flying in the skies of a rich, virtual ecosystem. How nice, I thought.

Regards,
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

sixstrings

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 08:18:41 PM »

Sorry to see you leave.....petty...

jpten

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 11:26:53 PM »

What is it about this game that causes so much drama?  People seem to get their tail feathers in a twist pretty easy these days.  Il2 sites seem to be either Dallas or Eastenders.  Can't' we have a little more Sesame Street?

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 01:32:16 AM »

So I take it that this is about the Ki-32 release and the follow up video from Steven?
I see your point Adamo, however we're not going to get entangled officially in such cases.
In the end it boils down to this: As soon as you release something on the internet, you effectively lose control over it's further use and distribution.
The sooner you figure you can't fight that fact, the healthier it is for your peace of mind.

It'd be sad if you'd stop modding because of videos.
That's so utterly unimportant...

Sit back, relax, reconsider when you think it's time to, and whatever you decide then, it'll be fine with us.
Thanks for your great mods either way, you and your father have our full respect.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

KingTiger503

• Legendary History Luftwaffe Elite Ace ,,,
  • Supporter
  • KT503 Elite
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 01:45:08 AM »

I felt disappointed to Leave Adamo, but You did Amazing things to see, You will Never give up like this.

Your father will be Proud of you. like My youngest Uncle who’s watching me from above the Heavens.

You can’t give up, someone need a Best Aircraft Project. I Salute you and your father for our Greatest Regards.

greatest Thanks and My Greatest and Best Regards KT503
My Greatest and Best Regards KT503

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2018, 02:13:11 AM »

Why not just ask the guy to remove the video, if that is so important?

Giving up and leaving is bad in every situation.

Personally I dont have the time to make videos, hence for me a youtube vid is a welcomed free advertisement of my work.

WW2 flightsiming is such a neglected genre, that videos do not get significant amount of views anyway.

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2018, 08:00:19 PM »

I enjoy a stress-free and satisfying experience in modding by happily making all my work available for all to use as they see fit, with no limitations whatsoever. I look at it this way. Others have blazed the trail before me by bringing about the ability to mod this beloved game, and *freely* offered this to the wider community. I have learnt from the efforts of other modders, allowing me to improve the game to my own requirements. That which has been freely bequeathed to me, I likewise freely bequeath to all. Even if no attribution is given to my work, it's no skin off my nose. I do this first of all for myself. Once I release my 'child' into the wider world, I look at it as a free bird, to make its way as the fates decree, with no more guidance from me.

Not having to fret and worry about the way others might adopt my offering is, well, liberating. I look at it as paying it forward.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

Gubi

• Flying Ass Clown #34
  • Modder
  • RIP
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2018, 08:14:21 PM »

Here, here.  Well put.  Cheers
I am a moron.

baggo

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2018, 12:04:40 PM »

Adamo,  reconsider your decision, your work and your father's work have been admired and appreciated by everyone on this site,a simple solution to your problem would be to post your video for all to see then release your mod of it.like mike pointed out when something is released on the net all control of it is gone,and it would be very sad to lose a talented moder over a small thing like this. Kev.

David Prosser

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2018, 02:00:53 PM »

That sounds like a good idea.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 24 queries.