Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: NG-MAP v3.2  (Read 47134 times)

whistler

• Modder
Re: Next Generation MAP (NG-MAP) Mod v2.0
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2019, 09:29:57 AM »

That's unfortunate indeed!

Check this post: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,36993.msg407304.html

Provide more details if that doesn't do it.
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

zsoltfireman

• Modder
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2019, 10:24:10 AM »

That's unfortunate indeed!

Check this post: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,36993.msg407304.html

Provide more details if that doesn't do it.

Unfortunately, I do not understand
What exactly should be set and where?

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2019, 10:41:59 AM »

Something tells me you spent 5 seconds in that topic... What is it you don't understand?

Go to controls, scroll down to "HOTAS CONTROL", is the mouse wheel assigned (probably by mistake) to any control there? Yes? - Remove it!
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

zsoltfireman

• Modder
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2019, 10:47:04 AM »

Something tells me you spent 5 seconds in that topic... What is it you don't understand?

Go to controls, scroll down to "HOTAS CONTROL", is the mouse wheel assigned (probably by mistake) to any control there? Yes? - Remove it!

mouse wheel assigned??? I don't see the "HOTAS CONTROL" section!

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2019, 11:07:45 AM »

I mean no disrespect but: try harder. You can do it.

Review the last few posts, make sure to understand it all, search the boards if you don't know what HOTAS is. Take your time before coming back for more. Explain what you tried in more than one sentence. I am 99% sure the solution to your problem has already been provided.

zsoltfireman

• Modder
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2019, 11:22:01 AM »

I mean no disrespect but: try harder. You can do it.

Review the last few posts, make sure to understand it all, search the boards if you don't know what HOTAS is. Take your time before coming back for more. Explain what you tried in more than one sentence. I am 99% sure the solution to your problem has already been provided.

Thanks, but that doesn't help

zsoltfireman

• Modder
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2019, 02:25:46 PM »

Your map is great
I was just curious about a solution
If you are impatient then don't answer!  :P
I was polite
Otherwise, the problem is caused by (# JTW_00-PALsVisualMOD9-v4122) mod
I inactivated and the problem resolved!

Zsolt

whistler

• Modder
Re: NG-MAP v3.0 ~New Version~
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2019, 05:26:09 AM »

Next Generation MAP (NG-MAP) Mod v3.0

There is something for everyone in this update. Most of the changes went under the hood for NG-MAP to be more "multiplayer friendly" but offliners will also find some of the new features useful, I hope!

The mod now (truly) complies with mission/campaign difficulty settings.

To have access to in-game icon features deactivate "Map & Icons" difficulty settings at will (cannot be changed during a mission/campaign):

• Icons & Map > No Map Icons (A)
• Icons & Map > No Player Map Icon
• Icons & Map > No Minimap Path

(A) Enabled? Radars will also get disabled

To have access to the different sections of the Actor Viewer deactivate at will settings from the "Views" difficulty window (cannot be changed during a mission/campaign):

• Views > No External Views
• Views > No Player's Own View
• Views > No Enemy Views (A)
• Views > No Friendly Views (A & B)
• Views > No Aircraft Views
• Views > No Carrier Views (C)

(A) Enabled? The NEUTRAL menu will also get disabled since some actors can spoil the surroundings
(B) Enabled? You can "pin" a location but you will not get to see the landscape
(C) Enabled? Applies to any ship, Aircraft Carrier or not

OFFLINE PLAY

By default, Hostile icons are hidden in the map every time you start a new mission. It is up to you to enable Hostile icons using the in-game NG-MAP menu. Knowing enemy positions spoils all offline fun, in my humble opinion.

MULTIPLAYER

By default, Hostile icons are visible in the map every time you start a new mission (unless the "Icons & Map > No Map Icons" difficulty setting is enabled). That way users with and without NG-MAP will play under the same conditions.

Online Squadrons can employ NG-MAP if they wish to do so. While there isn't a foolproof method to prevent friendly (or hostile) cheating we can certainly make it a little more challenging and in v3.0 I tried my best to prevent players from taking any advantage on their own.

A true cheat is when a player takes advantage of a 'feature' others don't have. If all members of the squadron use NG-MAP none will be cheating: all of you will be having access to the exact same set of tools. Online play among friends is about respect and honesty. That's the only way to have good fun.

For online play I highly recommend to at least enable/activate "Views > No Enemy Views" and "Views > No Friendly Views". This move will not only disable most of the external views but it will also deactivate NG-MAP "Targeting System" (View pinned location and lock onto hostile icons).

INTELLIGENCE SERVICES

The Static Camera object can be used by mission creators to mark key locations: Open FMB, load or create a mission, insert a Static Camera and set it to the same color of an army. Use this method to mark relevant locations in the map.

When playing the mission, users will see X marks wherever you placed the cameras. As the mission creator, it is up to you to give spot marks a meaning. You can use the briefing to explain what a X mark means. Use grid coordinates to reference a sport mark. Players will only see spot marks of their same army/color. The spot marks will be displayed in both the briefing and during the mission (as Targets).

"Intel Services" will work in any game mode, offline or online. You can use this feature as long as you have access to the mission file. In order to maintain compatibility with any other missions and users with or without NG-MAP, if the Camera army is set to "none" (game default), nothing will happen.

This is as much as I can do to provide new and (hopefully) useful features compatible with any version of the game or modpack. New objects would require dealing with *.ini entries and I want to keep this mod as little intrusive and as easy to use as possible.

SMALL MAP

Since v3.0 you can make the Standard Map and the Combat Mode grid a tad smaller by enabling the "Small Map" option. This parameter is permanent and it is saved to the [game] section of the conf.ini file as MapPadSmall.

MAP TRANSPARENCY

Map transparency can be adjusted from the map menu. You can change transparency for both the Minimap (follow mode) and the fullscreen map independently. The transparency setting is permanent and it is saved to the [game] section of the conf.ini file as MapPadAlpha and MapAlpha respectively. The previous Mouse right click + Mouse wheel method from v2.0 is now obsolete and therefore no longer available.

Changelog

- New "Intelligence Services" feature. Refer to the Readme contents.
- Bridge icons are now displayed below any other element
- Fixed an issue where the camera could get stuck when switching from a (follow) external view to any other actor.
- NG-MAP should be now fully compatible with multiplayer/online mode.
- The Actor Viewer now complies with the "Views" difficulty settings.
- NG-MAP now respects DogFight multiple army colors.
- Lighter Blue and Red colors applied to other icons.
- New "Small Map" menu option. Make the Minimap a tad smaller by enabling it. This parameter is now permanent and it is saved to the [game] section of the conf.ini file as MapPadSmall.
- The "Large Icons" option is also permanent and saved to the [game] section of the conf.ini file as MapIconLarge.
- Larger mouse pointer. Get back a smaller cursor by deleting: NG-MAP/gui/game/cursors.tga
- The mod is now (hopefully) 4K-ready (and beyond).
- Map transparency can now be controlled from the map menu. You can change transparency for both the Minimap (follow mode) and the fullscreen map. The transparency setting is permanent and it is saved to the [game] section of the conf.ini file as MapPadAlpha and MapAlpha respectively. The previous
 Mouse right click + Mouse wheel method from v2.0 is now obsolete and therefore no longer available.
- Simplified "Icon Filters" submenu for a faster unveiling of icons: "Vehicles" refers now to both Trains and Columns, and "Artillery" refers now to AAA and Artillery combined.
- Nigh Mode is enabled automatically if the sun is below the horizon at the beginning of a mission.

Downloads

Disable and delete any previous versions! v3.0 link can be found in the first post.

Have fun! 8)

arquillos

Re: Next Generation MAP (NG-MAP) Mod v3.0
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2019, 08:55:08 AM »

Thanks for the new version whistler! (I´m still expecting a version with hostile icons configurable from conf.ini :) )

whistler

• Modder
Re: Next Generation MAP (NG-MAP) Mod v3.0
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2019, 09:17:55 AM »

Hi Arquillos,

I know my friend. Stock IL-2 map shows enemies by default. Why? I have no idea. You are forced to play either with all or with no icons. Middle-ground anyone? What this game needs is a "Map & Icons > No Enemy Icons" option. Why was this never implemented? I have no idea. Why nobody ever complained? I have no idea either, but most games I play or played hide my enemies on maps for a simple reason: excitement! I am happy to have my squad mates on the map and target points but enemies? Why would I want that? Sorry but my brain does not process it :D

I explained before I try to offer something new, different, better if I can. I understand you want all icons and I have nothing against it. You are one click away from unveiling enemy icons. You play 2, 3, 5 missions a day? That's 5 clicks. Not much asking for in my opinion. In any case, your persistence has been noted ;)

Retro77

Re: Next Generation MAP (NG-MAP) Mod v3.0 ~New Version~
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2019, 10:36:25 PM »

How do you zoom in and out of the mini map?

whistler

• Modder
Re: Next Generation MAP (NG-MAP) Mod v3.0 ~New Version~
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2019, 03:09:57 AM »

To zoom in and out of the mini map and the fullscreen map you must use the mouse wheel.

If that doesn't work, it is because the mouse wheel is assigned to an axis in the HOTAS CONTROL section of the Controls window.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 25 queries.