Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A0-10 load didn't explode  (Read 875 times)

Smokey_MkII

A0-10 load didn't explode
« on: October 12, 2018, 07:42:53 PM »

Hi all!

Just recently got into IL-2 1946, and I'm really enjoying it. Playing with VP modpack. I've ironed out a few kinks myself but one has me stumped. I fly the titular Il-2, but when I conduct bombing runs I rarely hit anything.

For a long time I thought it was just because I'm garbage at the game, but just today I flew a raid using A0-10's on an airbase and recorded a track, and when I played it back I had carpeted a whole section of destructibles including at least one aircraft, and the bombs didn't even seem to go off, let alone destroy anything. Has anyone heard of a bug that prevents ordinance from detonating or am I just a whack pilot?

Thanks o_O

Smokey_MkII

Re: A0-10 load didn't explode
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 08:47:02 PM »

In response to my own question I think it may be pilot error, picking a spatula to go to a knife fight? Anyway, if anyone knows off the top of their heads, thanks, but nobody should beat their brains out. I dropped an AJ-2 Cassette literally on top of a convoy of what looked like bikes with sidecars just now and it did explode, but hurt nothing. Maybe I'm just using the wrong tools for the job.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 07:24:18 AM »

AO-10:

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 12:58:14 PM »

I don't recall ever having a problem with AO-10 bomblets.  They are small and must hit an object to destroy it.  I do wonder if "delay" settings have an affect on them.  If it does affect, set bombs to "low level."

Smokey_MkII

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 04:08:20 PM »

Thanks for the image VPMedia. CzechTexan, I think I've isolated the problem and you're with, it is connected to the delay setting. When I'm playing pilot career missions, if my fuse is set to instant whatever ordnance I'm carrying doesn't drop, it simply vanishes as soon as I press the trigger to release. For some reason it only seems to happen when I'm playing a career mission and not when I'm playing a quick mission. Anyway I think if I set longer fuses the problem seems to go away, so I guess that's what I'll be doing from now on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 24 queries.