Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help! C&C installation  (Read 1081 times)

milvipes

• Modder
Help! C&C installation
« on: October 11, 2018, 11:34:20 PM »

About 3 weeks ago I purchased the GOG version of Il-2 1946 V4.13.4m, and after playing/fumbling around, I've decided to start playing with mods. The first thing I did was to download Modact 6.4, a sort of mod "enabler".
Then I proceeded to download the stand-alone Command & Control 3.031, thinking it's a reasonable-sized mod that offers enough changes from the stock game.
Then as per readme, I "unzipped" (dumped) the whole thing into my MODS (#SAS) folder, while adding the new entries into the stationary.ini file.
The whole thing looks like this:
IL 2 Sturmovik 1946 > #SAS > Command_and_Control_v3.031_HSFX702 > jsgmemods >Command_and_Control_v3.031_HSFX702 > Files
And so forth. And behold! The game crashes at 70% on the loading screen.
What did I do wrong? Do I need to take Command_and_Control_v3.031_HSFX70 out of the jsgmemods folder provided by C&C? Or should I place it IN the jsgmemods folder that comes with Modact? Can someone give me a step-by-step guide on where to put each component of C&C folder in my game folder?

Thnx in advance

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
Re: Help! C&C installation
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 05:05:36 AM »

Hi milvipes, I’m on my way to work, but I’ll help you out later if someone else hasn’t already!  ;D

Regards
Fresco
cogito, ergo sum armatus

sparky

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 05:26:30 AM »

C&C Has only ever worked as intended in a 4.10 installation, it has never properly been updated. There are user made versions for other game installs, but usually some part or other does not work.

regards

sparky

tomoose

• Modder
  • Iiiiiiiit's ME! Hurrah!!
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 07:04:26 AM »

Milvipes;
I'm not at my machine but IIRC you should plonk it in the jsgme folder.
I use it with my HSFX installation and simply activate and de-activate using the JSGME.exe.  NOTE:  not all the C&C objects work in HSFX, only some.
I've posted elsewhere about the limited experimentation I did with C&C and HSFX. 
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,46987.msg522035.html#msg522035

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 05:54:30 PM »

Hi milvipes, lets see if we can get your problem repaired! As tomoose pointed out, all the parts of this MOD do not work properly in 4.13.4. That being said, it WILL run in 4.13, I use parts of it myself!

Your 70% crash is due to the game reading the new lines you added, and being unable to find the mod that you've installed.

Now before when you mentioned your installation, you said:

The whole thing looks like this:
IL 2 Sturmovik 1946 > #SAS > Command_and_Control_v3.031_HSFX702 > jsgmemods >Command_and_Control_v3.031_HSFX702 > Files

This mod is packed in such a way that it should be run from the JSGMEMODS folder, but I've highlighted the IMPORTANT folder in red above. For a simpler install, you should drop this folder ONLY directly into your #SAS folder.

Once that's done, you can try running the game. You said you'd already installed the .ini entries so it should start no problem.

IF problems persist, try again with the version linked below:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,26654.msg281790.html#msg281790

I use this version in my 4.13.4 and it runs fine, though the same rule applies: not all parts will work with 4.13 games.

Best of luck! Let us know how it goes.
Fresco
cogito, ergo sum armatus

milvipes

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 12:43:27 PM »

Thanks a bunch guys, I got it (more or less) working by simply placing the Files folder in the #SAS folder & modifying stationary.ini under #SAS > STD, now some more dumb questions:
The C&C objects have no visual models, is this normal, or did I do something wrong again? Can it be destroyed to "blind" the enemy?
By "plonking" the whole thing into the jsgmemods, I assume you mean everything DOWNSTREAM of jgsmemods folder?
Command_and_Control_v3.031_HSFX702 > jsgmemods >Command_and_Control_v3.031_HSFX702 > Files
Also there's a stationary.ini file further downstream:
Command_and_Control_v3.031_HSFX702 > jsgmemods >Command_and_Control_v3.031_HSFX702 > Files > maddox > il2 > objects > stationary
What does it do? Should I just leave it there?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 26 queries.