Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 6DOF with BAT  (Read 198 times)

MJJWalsh

6DOF with BAT
« on: October 09, 2018, 06:28:26 AM »

I have recently installed Opentrack software and am using a Declan clip and it works like a treat in BAT for yaw, pitch and roll, but there's nothing doing for X,Y and Z.  Exactly the same set up with IL2 Battle  of Stalingrad/Moscow works perfectly in all 6 DOF.  I've searched for issues on this forum, and found a reference to a conflict with JapCats for CUP but nothing as far as I can see for BAT.
Does anyone else have this problem and if not, I'd welcome some advice on how to I get full 6DOF running for my BAT install?
Mike

Flying H

• "And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to..
Re: 6DOF with BAT
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 01:21:18 PM »

I have too got this problem, yaw, pitch and roll the others dont work! Thought it was some settings of mine that where fucked!
And you can fly, high as a kite, if you want to.........

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Ask me if I care.
    • Friendly Fire isn't.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 11:41:43 PM »

Before we start fingerpointing at BAT or "JapCats for CUP" (whatever that may be), let me ask: Does Opentrack work for you in Stock 4.12.2 with 6DOF or do you have 3DOF there as well?

Furthermore, and I know it's a lot I'm asking for, but as we don't seem to have too many OpenTrack users we have to rely on your help to tackle this down: Could you please install another copy of IL-2 1946, this time with Ultrapack 3 RC4 (Installation Instructions here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,48900.0.html) and Patch Pack 301 on top (see here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,57992.0.html)?
The reason for this is that UP3 with Patch Pack 301 you get a new "Mods" Menu where you can switch between two different TrackIR Modes (see bottom of this post: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,57992.msg639972.html#msg639972).
This is something you don't get in any other IL-2 version and checking/comparing the two ("normal" and "new" mode) with your OpenTrack issues might give us a clue what's going on here.

]cheers[
Mike
Learn. Challenge. Improve. - Storebror on Flickr - In loving memory of the times when I cared...

Flying H

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 02:40:10 PM »

@Storebror, this is not entierly an OpenTrack issue as I have the same problem with my Trackir5 steup! I have the same conf.ini settings in both my VP install (seperate) and my BAT istall. In VP I have all 6dof but not in BAT.

ildifa

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 06:43:22 PM »

I've used opentrack (version 2.3.9) with BAT up to version 3.3 pathfinder, without any problems. I stopped playing before version 3.4, so I don't know if it could be a new problem, but it would be quite weird if it was...
I know I may be stating the obvious, but I have to ask: did you check that you are not in "gunsight view" (default key shift+F1)? I ask because it locks the viewpoint in place, preventing translation but not rotation, which is the problem you guys are having.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Ask me if I care.
    • Friendly Fire isn't.
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 10:23:00 PM »

did you check that you are not in "gunsight view" (default key shift+F1)?
A very valid suggestion.
I'm a TrackIR 5 user myself and I can definitely say that it works in BAT, VP, SAS Modact, UP3, DBW, Stock 1946, Battle of Stalingrad, Cliffs of Dover, ... you name it.

]cheers[
Mike
Learn. Challenge. Improve. - Storebror on Flickr - In loving memory of the times when I cared...

MJJWalsh

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 10:21:32 AM »

Thank you both!  Problem solved - I had gunsight view (Shift + F1) on!  As so often, the fault lay between the chair and the monitor..... :(
Mike

Flying H

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 10:38:57 AM »

Shit man didnĀ“t think of that! Must try soon! (blushing)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.