Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pacific North West Kuril Islands/Attu Island Aleutian Islands July 43 to Sept 1 1945  (Read 9294 times)

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa

Hi Fresco23,

Concerning your general all.ini message I can recall I only had that message one time

when I loaded up a very old map project that didn't have a load.ini at all in the map folder after putting in a load.ini in to the map folder it loaded fine

Sure hope it is a success for you  ;D

Cheers,
Kirby

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!

Fresco have you checked your static.ini entries for the 4.13 plates? I thought i had all of them having installed the 4.13 plates to my CUP install but there are lots of static.ini entries i dont have with this map, too many for me to trawl through tbh.
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

SkyFan

Dear farang65, thank you very much for helpful link. Now your wonderful map works successfully in my 4.13.4m+DGenPACK 2.1.
Definitely a sign of old age
Take it easy  :) I'm not teenager also, but I just remember one old Russian proverb:
Good people are like good wine - over the years they only get better
:)
I wish you enough free time and a lot of inspiration for creation of new interesting projects for IL-2 community.
Have a nice day.

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23

Fresco have you checked your static.ini entries for the 4.13 plates? I thought i had all of them having installed the 4.13 plates to my CUP install but there are lots of static.ini entries i dont have with this map, too many for me to trawl through tbh.

Thanks for the idea. I have installed this map over 4.13 both WITH and WITHOUT the included additional entries. It will not load. I just this morning installed it in a 4.12 game with the same results...... The only thing i didn't try was adding UP objects/textures. But I am trying to keep this install pretty light, so I'm avoiding adding them if I can.
cogito, ergo sum armatus

farang65

• SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa

Hey Fresco23

If you want to make it a light install just install the concrete, pacific ground, winter and PCP folders into your 3do/airfield/ folders and so those specific lines in the static.ini entry.

It will ruin the map if you don't have them and you wont be ably to save a mission as objects will be missing

I included all of the 4.13 plates just as an easy package

I am learning how to set up a campaign for the first time ever a failed attempt last night will try again today.  :D ;)

Cheers,
Kirby

mandrill

• Modder

Thanks for the idea. I have installed this map over 4.13 both WITH and WITHOUT the included additional entries. It will not load. I just this morning installed it in a 4.12 game with the same results...... The only thing i didn't try was adding UP objects/textures. But I am trying to keep this install pretty light, so I'm avoiding adding them if I can.

Press "shift / tab" and the game will tell you if your missing any map files for the basic load.

farang65

• SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa

Here's a glitch I found today starting to set up a Ventura/Harpoon campaign

See how the PCP plate is not level. That would have happened when working on the coastline.

This glitch is on Attu Island the US Navy airfield

https://www.mediafire.com/file/581nogbchez5vgb/overwriteinmainmapfolder.rar/file

Just over write the 3 actors static labels and texts in to your main map folder

Cheers,
Kirby

Flamer50

• 'Tracers work both ways.'
    • photobucket.com

Outstanding map Kirby!! 8). Just did a test run of the map in a 409ModAct install with the
airfield fix and missing tga added, loads and saves fine. Thanks Again!

Bwf.
'The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.'

W0W66

For those who may be interested,

A good book about the Aleutian war is Thousand Mile War World War II in Alaska & the Aleutians by Brian Garfield.

http://www.addall.com/New/compare.cgi?dispCurr=USD&id=740&isbn=9780345243812&location=10000&thetime=20190215063343&author=&title=&state=AK

You must read the footnotes.  It adds info/depth. I will get a copy again one day.

The John Huston Doc.  Funny, the weather does not look all that bad. HA!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkmgeseTShE

Sorry if these have already been posted.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 27 queries.