Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: FPS=1 on BAT WAW – Need some assistance (besides existing recommendations)  (Read 9812 times)

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer

I ran into this issue some time ago with the Opel truck. However, it was limited to the TGA module and was not an issue in my WAW:  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,58450.0.html

whistler

• Modder

Hi,

First, thanks UberDemon for such concise post. I wouldn't probably have bothered if you hadn't provided 1) the mission and 2) that many details. Very well done and much appreciated.

Surprised to see the mission played great in Stock 4.12 and VP-Modpack... slideshow in B.A.T.

The offending class is (or relates to) #WAW3\Classes-ObjectsOther\00F1374E5AD95620

Add a trailing minus sign (-00F1374E5AD95620) to get fps back in this particular mission. The game will through an error when exiting the mission though. Leave it disabled at your own risk...

This modded 00F1374E5AD95620 or "Platform4.class" originates from the NEW TRAIN MOD, I understand. I would advise B.A.T. crew to revise the whole train mod implementation. It is either partly implemented, faulty or who knows what is going on.

Now UberDemon, tartenmuche or anyone else please confirm my findings.

Regards,
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder

Storerbror,

You make sense.  I am thinking more along the installation issue than system though.   Is there really such a great change in performance between the Stock and BAT versions (I mean 40-70fps to 1 fps is pretty darn significant)?  Part of the intent of making CUP/BAT going into a 4 tier option (DOF/TGA/WAW/JTW) was to decrease the overall taxiing on the systems because of all the new objects.

Also, I tried running the mission in SAS MODACT 5.3, and it ran perfectly as in the Stock 4.12.2m version.  I used 512MB.

vampire_pilot,
I changed from 1024 to 512 with no difference in performance.

vonofterdingen,

I read the topic you posted… that makes sense.  If the system is looping trying to find something that is not there, it will inevitably create problems.  This maybe a good reason for me to try a new install.

whistler,

I really appreciate your time, and I think you are onto something here.  I tried your suggestion of disabling that NEW TRAIN MOD class, and lo and behold, there was an improvement.  None of the other tweaks related to graphics settings or changes to conf.ini made a difference in my case.  This made the area where the P-38s launch go to 7-45fps.  The Kondor area was around  7-20 fps depending on whether you looked towards the sky or the ground/city below.  Not optimal, but it showed an improvement.

However…  anytime I quit the mission it goes to a CTD, whether I am using 512MB or 1024MB RAM.  Any suggestions?

Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at SAS BAT Mission area.  www.uberdemon.net no longer exists.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU

Well... yes... in a way.
Disabling the Platform4 class that way indeed seems to increase FPS, but it's a bit spooky because for one, there's no real difference in the logic between stock Platform4 class and the one shipped with BAT, and even more, when we disable this class, the class that gets loaded then instead, apparently isn't the stock 4.12.2 class, because the error created just doesn't match:
Code: [Select]
[5:24:07 AM] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
[5:24:07 AM] at com.maddox.il2.objects.trains.Platform4.eraseGuns(Platform4.java:169)
[5:24:07 AM] at com.maddox.il2.objects.trains.Platform4.destroy(Platform4.java:117)

The source code and line numbers from stock 4.12.2 are:
Code: [Select]
  private void eraseGuns()
  {
    if (this.arms != null) { // 166
      for (int i = 0; i < 2; i++) { // 167
        if (this.arms[i] != null) { // 168
          if (this.arms[i].aime != null) { // 169
            this.arms[i].aime.forgetAll(); // 170
            this.arms[i].aime = null; // 171
          } // 172
          if (this.arms[i].gun != null) { // 173
            destroy(this.arms[i].gun); // 174
            this.arms[i].gun = null; // 175
          } // 176
          this.arms[i].fireOffset = null; // 177
          this.arms[i] = null; // 178
        } // 179
      } // 180
      this.arms = null; // 181
    }
  }

...so I would expect the "NoSuchMethodError" to be triggered by line 174, not line 169 (which cannot trigger such error).

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Vampire_pilot

Aha. Interesting.

As I can't reproduce the error, I don't think I can fix it as a one-man show, I need your help here.

What i did was making a class assembly of the new train mod, including the 4.12 patch.
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,40779.0.html

The result was, that in current WAW3, three class conflict exists:

1AF1D09C2F478820 exists with :
   CRC  c531200 :   .\Classes-ObjectsOther\1AF1D09C2F478820
   CRC 16c2698d :   .\!!!_NewTrainMOD_v1.1\1AF1D09C2F478820

E14052B2A54FD66E exists with :
   CRC -1efb0d91 :   .\Classes-ObjectsOther\E14052B2A54FD66E
   CRC -6dd65191 :   .\!!!_NewTrainMOD_v1.1\E14052B2A54FD66E

24FB3A5EA0B70162 exists with :
   CRC -671ad436 :   .\!!!_NewTrainMOD_v1.1\24FB3A5EA0B70162
   CRC -5f0b5ce5 :   .\Classes-ObjectsOther\24FB3A5EA0B70162

All other classes  are flagged as identical. The count is correct, a total of 96 classes.

Demon, can you please test, if a replacement of the conflicting classes in !!!_NewTrainMOD_v1.1 folder from the download (plus the 4.12 fix!) inside WAW3 does anything significant for you?

Mike, what's the java logic here? Is this also a problem in the other modules for instance?

Edit:
One more finding and things I'd like to be tested.  Mike, remember when I sent you a set of missions that behaved badly for me a little while back? I never got a reply but this may be connected.

Here's a mission I'd like to be tested:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/fy3yu13ttc6jy30/00neuTextBAT_performance.zip/file

Bf-109's escaping an airfield attack. The mission is old and was made for stock game.

- in current WAW3, as soon as the pilot a/c is over the edge of the airfield, my FPS craps out to 1. Stable and reproducible
- this behaviour is totally gone as soon as I add the !!!_NewTrainMOD_v1.1 class file pack. I played this mission on fas forward several times, while without the classes, I had to ctrl+alt+del the game every time.

whistler

• Modder

Demon, can you please test, if a complete addition of all classes (just them for starters) of the whole !!!_NewTrainMOD_v1.1 folder from the download (plus the 4.12 fix!) inside WAW3 does anything significant for you?

I tried to find a fix yesterday to no avail. I even borrowed the !!!_NewTrainMOD_v1.1 from VP-Modpack (where the mission runs great) and nothing. Chief, Static... entries are not right either it seems. Something is off somewhere but where?
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU

Mike, what's the java logic here? Is this also a problem in the other modules for instance?
No idea at the moment.
If you ask me, leave it as-is for the moment.
This is a minefield.
Whatever you touch regarding this mod will have side effects.

Platform4.java is not in our Superschool repo so everything we do is based on decompiled code.
The 4.12.2 base game class "Platform4" is buggy. It contains a wrong method reference in the "eraseGuns" method. Probably the class never compiled error-free but no one at TD cared. 4.13 has this fixed.

I would really love to provide profound expertise on this, but the timing is bad.
Ask me again in November ;)

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Vampire_pilot

Okay, Mike, I see that.

I will continue play-testing more with those three new files a bit more.
The problems reported with FPS in general are far and between but also quite random.

Let's see what Demon says.

Sharkzz

does changing from open GL to DX  do anything ? though from reading it is a classes files issue, oh my. way over my head ..
New Right Arm Amputee, One armed flyer and Longboard surfer, I now swim and paddle in circles .

Sharkzz

Hellooo again , after loading up and changing map via notepad as the Normandy map in the mission wouldn't load in FMB for me To ( MAP normandy/GW_norm2_load.ini), I changed the german train/s to
0_Chief Trains.USSR_EquipmentCTrain/AA 2    <____  I also removed a few objects (in FMB), as for a single mission where a lot of stuff was I wasn't going to go near, it was a bit populated. BUT, using the USSR AA train gave no large drop in FPS and I could attack the train without problem,(I left the FW200's for my AI buddies), I also added a few home bases and " saved as" a DF map, as it made a great MDF map with a shit load of targets from aircraft to shipping to trains n vehicles, big thanks for the populated  map Uber Awesome job mate  ! .    So  as a stop gap, in note pad change map name as it didn't want to load in FMB (for WAW) and manually change the train to a non offending FPS train of your choice, I found that the easier solution IMHO.
cheers
ps I also took the liberty to make the submerged subs surfaced ones as they were too hard for me to find under the bloody water lol. ;D
Sharkzz
New Right Arm Amputee, One armed flyer and Longboard surfer, I now swim and paddle in circles .

Vampire_pilot

Whistler, can you do me the favour of testing my linked mission with and without replacing the three conflicting classes?

whistler

• Modder

I sure can and gladly will Vampire in a few hours.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 24 queries.