Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Guadalcanal Campaign  (Read 7215 times)

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
Guadalcanal Campaign
« on: September 21, 2018, 02:08:56 PM »

Guadalcanal Art by Kevin Hoggard, on Flickr

Well finished it finally.  Fly for the Cactus Airforce in the F4F, in this 20 mission Semi-historic Campaign.  Fight the Japanese in the air, on the sea, and in the dirt.  Try to keep Henderson field in the Allies hands.  The first 5 missions are taking off and landing on a carrier until Henderson is securely in the Allies hands.

D/L instructions:  Place the Guadalcanal_Campaign_WAW folder into Missions/Campaigns/US

Remember this is a WAW Campaign, so ensure you are in the correct era

Start with the Highest Rank

Turn off Instant Success at a minimum.

The Campaign is built in BAT v3.4 LINEBACKER

Hope you enjoy

https://www.mediafire.com/file/88az3b3r9q2qcby/Guadalcanal_Campaign_WAW.zip/file
4th Generation Intel

David Prosser

Re: Guadalcanal Campaign
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 03:40:45 PM »

Good work, sounds like an excelent effort. Funnily enough, I've almost finished a campaign in the Solomons set during the latter part of Operation Cartwheel. The player flys the Vengeance, and Boomerang for the RAAF.

EHood

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 04:35:05 PM »

Good work, sounds like an excelent effort. Funnily enough, I've almost finished a campaign in the Solomons set during the latter part of Operation Cartwheel. The player flys the Vengeance, and Boomerang for the RAAF.

Definitely looking forward to a campaign involving the Boomerang!

Just downloaded Mr. H's new Guadalcanal campaign. Thank you, sir.  ;D
A ya tsi-tsalagi.

Peter Lynn

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 06:47:25 PM »

Thank you Kevin, I have been waiting for this.... :)

David Prosser

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 08:36:54 PM »

I've got that campaign too. Just finished the last mission for the Boomerang last night. It'll be on M4T soon.

ol' Navy

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 09:15:08 AM »

Thank you.  Us old guys (just speaking for myself but I'm sure my feeling is shared) appreciate your efforts.  Looking forward to playing.

Geschirr

• "A plan is a list of things that won't happen."
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 01:34:44 PM »

Thanks, Kevin. I played a couple missions this morning. Everything works and looks good!

"If we don't know what we're doing, neither will the enemy."

Rwatson

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 03:24:53 PM »

Sounds like a great campaign copied the folder into  Missions/Campaigns/US but can't figure out how to start it in game...looked inUSMC and USN campaigns and it doesn't show on the campaign screen Ant help is appreciated

EHood

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2018, 07:24:45 PM »

Sounds like a great campaign copied the folder into  Missions/Campaigns/US but can't figure out how to start it in game...looked inUSMC and USN campaigns and it doesn't show on the campaign screen Ant help is appreciated

The Missions/Campaign/US folder is for US Air Force campaigns. If you select "USAF" in the campaign selection menu, you should find Kevin's Guadalcanal Campaign listed there, and it should work. There are, however, dedicated Missions/Campaign folders for Navy and Marine campaigns. US Navy campaigns should be placed in the Missions/Campaign/UN folder, and USMC campaigns in the Missions/Campaign/UM folder. This will result in the title of the campaigns appearing in the respective selection menus.
A ya tsi-tsalagi.

Rwatson

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2018, 07:28:15 PM »

Thanks EHood I just guessed it would either be a USN or USMC campaign..Being an old marine and son of an older Marine looking forward to flying this one..Those screenshot look great

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2018, 10:07:44 PM »

The Missions/Campaign/US folder is for US Air Force campaigns. If you select "USAF" in the campaign selection menu, you should find Kevin's Guadalcanal Campaign listed there, and it should work. There are, however, dedicated Missions/Campaign folders for Navy and Marine campaigns. US Navy campaigns should be placed in the Missions/Campaign/UN folder, and USMC campaigns in the Missions/Campaign/UM folder. This will result in the title of the campaigns appearing in the respective selection menus.

I never knew that EHood... Thank you from now on I'll place in the right folders :)
4th Generation Intel

Rwatson

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2018, 02:31:18 AM »

Kevin great Campaign !! Thank you for your work
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 22 queries.