Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the best version of iL2 1946 for modding please ?  (Read 3052 times)

Meaker

What's the best version of iL2 1946 for modding please ?
« on: September 12, 2018, 08:34:41 AM »

Just about to embark on modding a stock clean version of iL-2 1946 into a WW2 Pacific War flight sim,but what does the community believe is the best version to do this with either the latest version 4.13.4m or the version 4.12.2 which seems to be the standard.

Sorry for what may seem to you guys a noob question,but I get the feeling that because it's so new the 4.13.4m version maybe not as modable as the 4.12.2 version,or that there is more available in the way of MODs for the 4.12.2 version.

Any help or advice would be warmly appreciated,thanks.
"Ah,tally-ho yippety-dip and zing zang spillip!,looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?"

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: What's the best version of iL2 1946 for modding please ?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 08:50:19 AM »

It's not because it's so new, it's because TD (the ones who do the "official" patches) f*cked up too much to make a further followup of the "official" trail feasible.
That's why almost all the serious modding of 1946 is 4.12.2 based, at least that's what it is at the moment.

Nevertheless, ask 3 guys and you'll get 5 different answers or more.
Some will say 4.09 is the last good version (because it's the last one before TD put hands on), some will say it's 4.10.1 (where DBW and Ultrapack are based upon, and I'll agree that this is the best version for online gameplay indeed), some will say that the latest (and allegedly "greatest"), which would be 4.13.4, would be the only viable choice.
The latter is usually dictated by considerations beyond the scope of modding itself.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Meaker

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 09:49:40 AM »

Thanks Mike,I read ya,what you say makes sense,I think I'll go with 4.12.2 then,right,off to MOD we go.......appreciate your swift reply and your great advice buddy.
"Ah,tally-ho yippety-dip and zing zang spillip!,looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?"

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 11:00:22 AM »

Weighing in a bit late perhaps, but for my money the best version is 4.10/DBW ... I've been able to mod the game to the hilt, making it look as i wish it to be, with lots of add-ons. Many aircraft modded for 4.12 also work on 4.10 ...

Some of the best versions of Mini-map is for 4.10 only, the same with MissionPro Combo and other mods.

<Gunny>

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 12:51:23 PM »

I have to say that 4.12.2 plus Mikes ModAct 5.3 is what I use every day....
I have lots of mods added and it stays stable and loads fast...
In fact it will take just about any mod out there and never fails....
In fact I have 4.09 --4.10 --4.11 -4.12.2 mods and for the most part they work...
Once in awhile you will find one that will not work  :(.... Does not happen often ....

Good luck with what every you do.... ;)

larschance

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 01:49:09 PM »

Hi Meaker. I fly several versions of Il2 including stock 4.12.2 BAT3.7, 4.12.2 Vpmodpack3.2, 4.13.4 Ypack1.2.2, 4.13.4 modact6.4, stock 4.14.1 and 4.14.1 Dgenmodpack v3.0. The latter by Asura and Motorhead is still being tested but has some long Pacific campaigns which may interest you.
All the above have been modded to some degree and provide a wonderful variation for our community which keeps this sim the best there is. I am amazed that any of it works with the hundreds of computer code lines to be interpretted and amended or added.
There seems to be a mix of those players who like short missions and those who like to experience the longer flights.
Regarding the Pacific theatre there are a series of books coming out by Michael John Claringbould which detail all the verified combats in the South West Pacific for the first time. These may help you develop some realistic missions based on fact as far as the sim lets you.
Good luck and I look forward to being shot down in your Pacific campaigns lol.

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2019, 04:19:10 AM »

Weighing in a bit late perhaps, but for my money the best version is 4.10/DBW ... I've been able to mod the game to the hilt, making it look as i wish it to be, with lots of add-ons.

For me a perfect statement!

Wbr, Gerhard  :)
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2019, 06:03:58 AM »

Your question is simple: "What's the best version of iL2 1946 for modding please ?"

And yet we don't answer you!
The answer is simple, however: To modding the best version is the 409!
There's no better way!  ;)
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2019, 01:26:05 AM »

4.12, if you want jets as well.

(Mike, I am disappointed, I thought you'd say IL-2 5.00  , which we call the version B.A.T. is building.)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2019, 12:58:40 AM »

Mike, I am disappointed, I thought you'd say IL-2 5.00  , which we call the version B.A.T. is building.
Look at the date of my post, it's been a year ago.
We haven't been on IL-2 5.00 yet back then.
Nowadays, the best version for modding is 5.00 (and it's successors to come), hands down.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2019, 01:39:49 AM »

4.12, if you want jets as well.

(Mike, I am disappointed, I thought you'd say IL-2 5.00  , which we call the version B.A.T. is building.)

I think I've tried at least 3 times to install BAT and every time the installation gets aborted because of corrupt files or some other message in the installer. And I've re-downloaded it 3 different times too, taking more than 24 hours per d/l session ...

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2019, 01:44:37 AM »

Best way to download, i find, isto use the torrent link. I have no issues with corrupt files doing it this way.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 24 queries.