Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iL-2 1946 v4.13m not recognising Warthog Throttle in Hotas Controls ?  (Read 5057 times)

Meaker

Hello All,

I've been away for a couple of years,but want to build a nice WW2 Pacific flight sim using iL-2 1946 and the superb MODS within SAS.

I have a clean install of iL-2 1946 version 4.13m,I have started it up,and all is well,apart from the game doesn't seem to want to recognise my throttle within the HOTAS side of the controls options.I have Aileron,Elevator and Rudder all mapped with no issues.

Can any good fellow help me with this please,the controller is all working and recognised by my PC,in fact I have it running beautifully with iL-2 Cliffs Of Dover,Battle of Stalingrad,Moscow and Kuban etc.

So the issue is within iL-2 1946,any help or advice would be warmly appreciated,thank you.
"Ah,tally-ho yippety-dip and zing zang spillip!,looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?"

steven197106

• Observer
Re: iL-2 1946 v4.13m not recognising Warthog Throttle in Hotas Controls ?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 06:45:54 AM »

Hi Meaker Im running Warthog Throttle and stick with no problems for years, so maybe try reinstalling your game.
i7-5820k CPU 3.30gHZ, 16 GB ram, RTX 2080 Graphic card, 49" CHG90 QLED Gaming Monitor, VKB- T-Rudders Mk.III pedals, VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick with VPC Desk Mount, VPC Extensions Set with a thrustmaster warthog grip on the stick, saitek TPM System, thrustmaster warthog throttle,

Meaker

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 07:35:23 AM »

Hi Meaker Im running Warthog Throttle and stick with no problems for years, so maybe try reinstalling your game.

Thanks for the swift reply Steven,but unfortunately I have tried this,I am using the latest fresh install (version 4.13.4m),with nothing changed on it at all.

I just a start up the game,then straight into Set Up/Input/Controls/Hotas and then clicking my mouse over the POWER option,which is first control option under HOTAS,then moving throttle up/down.There is by default the option mapped '-U Slider axis'but I cannot get my throttle recognised.

Top left of the controls,under Joystick Axis,I can only see Rudder,Aileron and Elevator available,so it looks as if there' isn't the option of a Power axis available.

As I mentioned the throttle is working within my PC's hardware,all the axis are working so I'm a bit lost at what the problem could be.
"Ah,tally-ho yippety-dip and zing zang spillip!,looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?"

Meaker

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 09:40:08 AM »

Sorry........I omitted to point out that I am running iL-2 1946 on Windows 10,should that make any difference,and the version I'm using is a Steam install,from which I copied this from,so it should,you would think be fine.

In fact I've just run my Steam version freshly installed today and it still only recognises Rudder,Aileron and Elevator.

I've also tried reversing the Betas back to v 4.12.2 in the Steam properties but still with the same problem.

Could it be a Windows update problem ?.........got to admit I'm starting to get a bit desparate with ideas what it could be now.

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 10:48:48 AM »

Hi.

How many game controllers are connected to your Windows 10 PC ?
I wonder your PC is over the limit number of game controller devices this old flight simulator application can grasp.

THE NUMBER of game controller devices IL-2 1946 can use is only 4 .
And some flight < stick + throttle > set products (like your Warthog, and Logitech --- former Saitek --- X55 / X56) occupy 2 of them ..... one is for stick and another is throttle.

Even the devices are not made for flight sims, each game controllers (like game pads , car race sim wheel & pedal controller) are counted as +1 and +1 when they are plugged.

Open Windows 10's Control panel -- Hardware page -- Device and Printer page .
How many game controller devices are shown up ?

Windows 10 might not be able to set those game controller devices ORDER read by IL-2 1946. Only unplug is the solution.

Or when you are using Thrustmaster's Flight Rudder Pedals with Warthog ,
his support application T.A.R.G.E.T can summarize all Thrustmaster devices as 1 device.
Stick + Throttle + Pedals will be treated as A device instead of 3 devices. This function will help for IL-2 1946.

Meaker

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 01:55:20 PM »

Doh........Thanks Western,you've cracked it,that's it,I completely forgot,I had 4 banks of Saitek throttles,and a Cessna Trim Wheel taking up the valuable,precious Axis.

Thank you very much Sir,this pointer is very,very much appreciated.

-=MaD=-

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 03:31:55 AM »

It's not a big problem to have more than 4 Controllers in 1946. Just use YaDeLi and JoyToKey for Axes and buttons and it works.
Only the new Vipril MT 50 Throttle gives me problems as it has more than 32  buttons and windows 10, JoyToKey and 1946 seems to see only the first 32 of them.
If anyone has an idea...

oldschoolie

Also have a problem with Warthog throttles not working although all the other buttons on the device are working. I only have it and the Warthog stick, both of which are recognised by my Windows 10 installation. If I try to assign the throttles in IL2 Control area no reaction appears although I have been able to assign buttons to things like flaps and undercarriage. Any ideas gratefully received.

oldschoolie

My finger trouble...I needed to assign it through the HOTAS section of the control panel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 27 queries.