Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IJA-Singapore  (Read 4780 times)

David Prosser

IJA-Singapore
« on: September 06, 2018, 02:58:08 AM »

I just uploaded Part 1 of a multi part series of WWII 'what if' campaigns. The premise is; Chamberlain has a fatal car crash on the way to see Hitler at the Berghof in September 1938. The Ribbentrop-Molotov Pact has already happened. Poland is on the axis side. It was the least bad choice for them. So, the Battle  foFrance gets fought with Hawker Storms, Gladiators, Loire 406s, Bf 109 C-Ds, He 51s, etc. Hurricanes and Spitfires appear for the Battle of Britain. There will be campaigns on the Eastern Front, Crete, Italy, The Solomons, and Manchuria.
   In IJA-Singapore you're flying a Ki27 Ko, against Gladiators, Hawker Storms, Fokker DXXIs, CXs, and Vildebeests.

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2594

DarkBlueBoy

• Supporter
  • Learning slowly...
Re: IJA-Singapore
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 07:06:36 AM »

I've got to make some tine for this one! Sounds great David - I'm always a fan of What-if scenarios. Thank you!!

David Prosser

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 04:17:44 PM »

Thanks. The next one will probably be RAAF in the Solomons during Operation Certwheel. The pilot will fly Vengeances, and Boomerangs. I was going to make it a Spitfire campaign with the pilot meeting returning bombers. But it'll be more interesting this way. They can just be got in to a late 1942 campaign by stretching the truth a bit. Your comment is what got me thinking.

EHood

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 07:35:52 PM »

Loaded it into my BAT Linebacker a few hours ago, and I've just completed the first mission. So far so good: it's working perfectly. Thank you, Mr. P.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
A ya tsi-tsalagi.

David Prosser

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 10:43:17 PM »

Thanks, I hope you enjoy the other 14. Watch out for those Fokker DXXIs. In case you were wondering why there was no pouring rain, I forgot it was Monsoon season. There's usually a shower in the afternoon, and maybe another at night. The rest of the time, it's hot and sticky.

EHood

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 12:08:26 AM »

The DXXI and the Nate are great match. In fact, one reason I enjoy TGA is because the handling characteristics for fighters tend to fall somewhere between those of the kites in DOF and the comparative rockets in WAW. As for the weather, I prefer not to have to deal with too many storms. One thing I've always found puzzling about Il-2 is the number of battles, in stock careers, which have to be fought in weather that, in the real world, would usually have brought a halt to flight operations on either side.

8)
A ya tsi-tsalagi.

David Prosser

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 02:37:28 AM »

Me too. I set the odd flight in rain, but prefer not to go overboard. Thunder storms are out. Just doing a bit of research for an RAAF Solomons campaign in the later stages of the campaign. Tons of good basic facts on Wikipedia. It'll be Vengeances, and Boomerangs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 23 queries.