Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Twin Mustangs - F-82 in Korea  (Read 4473 times)

Vampire_pilot

Twin Mustangs - F-82 in Korea
« on: September 02, 2018, 04:04:14 AM »

BAT JTW - Twin Mustangs - F-82 in Korea

10 mission campaign for BAT JTW for the F-82 Twin Mustang over Korea, June to August 1950. From the Invasion to the Pusan Perimeter.
It is suggested to use highest rank and set No Instant Success to OFF.

d/l
https://www.mediafire.com/file/8kdpd3p6m08px32/Korea_F-82v3.zip/file

v3: update to BAT 3.7 + aircraft load fix

updated to work with BAT.37 loadout naming convention

A mix of various mission profiles. CAP, a lot of ground pounding, some nightly patroling....

Beware of long legs! The Missions start in Japan and end there. But luckily you have such nifty things as horizontal stabilizer ;)

I have used C&C radar and observer objects, so your RIO will update you with radar contacts and his visual observations of enemy action via HUD.

With the outbreak of the Korean War in June 1950, the F-82 was pressed into combat duty. At 04:00 on 25 June 1950, 68th Fighter Squadron F-82 aircrews on alert at Itazuke Air Base were told that North Korea had crossed the 38th Parallel. They were ordered to fly to the area and report any activity on the main roads and railroads. They arrived to find overcast conditions, with cloud tops at 8,000 feet (2,400 m). The Twin Mustangs flew through the clouds using radar and broke out at 2,000 feet (610 m), heading for Kimpo Airfield near Seoul. The pilots observed huge convoys of North Korean trucks and other vehicles, including 58 tanks, which had crossed into South Korea. The crews flew back through the clouds to Itazuke Air Base, where they were debriefed by a U.S. Army colonel from General Douglas MacArthur's staff. This reconnaissance flight is considered to be the first United States air combat mission of the Korean War.

In the following weeks, the F-82 pilots would exceed all expectations in aerial combat. On 28 June, orders came down for all F-82s to be used in heavy ground support against any North Korean activity found between the front lines and the 38th Parallel. Every F-82 which could be made ready for flight was pressed into combat service. Although Fifth Air Force needed every available aircraft to slow down the North Korean invasion force, it was hard to justify the release of all F-82s from their defensive responsibilities for the many key bases in Japan. It was decided to release all F-82s for combat except for a flight which was deployed from the 4th F(AW)S in Okinawa to Japan and a full squadron of F-80s for air defense. On 30 June, FEAF requested HQ USAF for an additional 21 F-82 aircraft, which was denied. In addition, the projected level of support which could be provided at the level of combat usage FEAF was experiencing was no more than 60 days due to a shortage of parts. The fact was that, when F-82 production ended in April 1948, no provision had been made for an adequate supply of spare parts, as the aircraft was not expected to remain in operational service once jet-powered aircraft were available. Further, the Air Force simply did not have that many F-82s in the first place (182 total operational aircraft), and did not want to weaken the F-82 units committed to the Pacific Northwest or Atlantic coast, or to draw from the fourteen F-82Hs in Alaska.

F-82 skins by dona
Yak-9U skins by mfisch2004

nyali

• Supporter
Re: Twin Mustangs - F-82 in Korea
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 07:43:12 AM »

many thanks

nadvgia

• Apprentice vaga
  • Like a Mig-15 on Steroids!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 08:35:52 AM »

Nicely done!!!!!! :D

David Prosser

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 03:49:18 PM »

I just finished playing this a couple of days ago. The only thing I'd add is static cameras so players can watch the ground attacks play out. I always do. Other than that, it was flawlwss.

resistor

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 09:59:59 AM »

SO COOL!!! Thanks for making this, its by far one of my favorite planes. Oddly, the skin on my plane is skewed as seen below. Any ideas?

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 10:44:53 AM »

your BAT is not up to date.

Upgrade through to 3.4. There has been a 3D update for those aircraft.

resistor

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 03:05:50 PM »

your BAT is not up to date.

Upgrade through to 3.4. There has been a 3D update for those aircraft.

I've got Linebacker, so says the splash screen. Reinstall? Or is there some patch I'm missing?

eta: A quick reinstall fixed the issue. Thanks for the lead!

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2019, 01:31:40 AM »

BAT 3.7 update

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2019, 07:55:35 AM »

v3 available.
Fixed the bug in v2 where missions didn't load
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 27 queries.