Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: B.A.T. V3.4 LINEBACKER  (Read 23956 times)

whistler

• Modder
Re: B.A.T. V3.4 LINEBACKER
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2018, 10:33:26 AM »

I'm afraid that after trying some of the abovementioned solutions, I still get this every time I try to run  the Linebacker installer:

[IMAGE REMOVED]

Windows Defender continues to identify the problem as a Trojan: Win32/Fuery.8!cl.

This is the first time I have had any trouble with installing a BAT upgrade. Once again, any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

EHood,

The installer is not right:

It probably gets blocked before it even gets downloaded. Review again the solutions proposed and make sure the installer has a size higher than zero before running it... try executing it with right-click > Run as admin....

Or... try the new installer just posted by Mike (above this) if anything else fails.

NG-HUD v3.5 | NG-MAP v3.1 | NG-CAM v1.6: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • The man of a million fixes
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2018, 11:14:23 AM »

I copied Mike's full post to the reserved #2 post of this thread

EHood

• Supporter
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2018, 11:20:25 AM »

Whistler - Thank you;  was wondering about the "0 KB."

Defender would not allow Mike's "no Admin" file to download, so I tried the original link, in the first posting in this thread, and somehow I was able to download a working version of the installer, complete with the proper icon. Couldn't tell you exactly how I managed this, but I do recall clicking on "Run anyway" a couple of times. In any event, this time the installer ran, Defender gave me no lip about any Trojans, and now my BAT installation is up to date, complete with Boomerangs, Tweeties, etc. So far, so good.

In addition, installing Linebacker corrected a problem I'd reported in an earlier, Tech Help thread;

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,59259.0.html

This problem, too, can now be considered solved.

Many thanks, Whistler, and my thanks to Mike and vampire_pilot for their always valuable input as well.  There I was, about to call the IT squad and post some maudlin, hand-wringing reply, when - SAS to the rescue! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
If the brakes don't stop it, something will.

Sir Rod

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2018, 11:29:35 AM »

Once again, Many thanks  Guys and to the whole team for the wonderful work you folks do.
Never cease to be amazed...  You rock.

Rod
i7-930 - 2.93 GHz, Asus P6X58D Premium, GeForce GTX-970, 12GB DDR3,  Samsung 32" , Win10 pro 64bit

ol' Navy

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2018, 12:22:30 PM »

It's me again.  I'll refer back to reply #12 above.  I did as that said.  And it worked.  All along, I have downloaded "stuff" to my desktop and then moved it here and there as required.  Did the same with Linebacker files.  Copied them all into a folder I had made.  Would not work.  But now I have run the installer, with all four parts, from inside my desktop and it worked as advertised.  I just wanted to pass this on in case it might help someone else.  It feels good when I get something, anything, to work, in spite of myself.  Thanks.

pilotsden

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2018, 01:57:54 PM »

Stunning work !!!!
will be back online with this new version...and soon...
Much thanks to ALL....

PD

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2018, 02:53:36 PM »

Downloaded torrent full package, no problem at all.

Installed it in a temporary folder, just to see if it will work OK : had a warning in my Windows 10 system saying it was an application which was not known. Choosed the option to continue when warning was on the screen, and no problem : installer did the complete installation in my temporary folder.

So, I guess there is no problem installing it directly in the game. Before doing it so, I just would like to know how it will work...

Do I have to remove all the JSGME mods I have activated or will the installer do it for me ? and will the installer delete all DOF3, JTW3, TGA3 and WAW3 folders (with the mods I have added inside, which are principally planes and a few maps) before installing them from the zips, making them brand new ?

Thanks for the infos !

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2018, 03:54:39 PM »

The installer will delete all previous folders (including mods) and replace them with new. Personally, I have never added a single mod to BAT, the number of available aircraft is so big, I am sure I will never fly them all... Plus, I never had problems with installing new patches.

KingTiger503

• Legendary History Luftwaffe Elite Ace
  • Supporter
  • KT503 Elite
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2018, 04:28:20 PM »

No Problems for Installer, It’s Running and Function, Thanks Vamp,

PS, That JTW3 is that only 2.8.8, not a 4.8.8,

Thanks dude

Best Regards KT503
My Greatest and Best Regards KT503

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2018, 11:22:25 PM »

Thanks, cgagan !

Will do installation when I have time !

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2018, 01:27:12 AM »

Many thanks to all involved making this pack!  :)
And a special thank you to Andy!  ;)
i7-4790K 4.00GHz, Asus Z97 Extreme 6, 16GB DDR3; 750GB SSDs, 2TB SSHD, 8TB int.+ext.HDs; Sound Blaster ZxR; Nvidia GTX 980 4GB, Acer 3840x2160 GSync; Win7 64bit. Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Saitex Throttle Quadrant. Beyerdynamic DT880 Headphones.

Sikshoota

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2018, 03:24:23 AM »

Thanks again for the brilliant creations you folks always come up with, individually and collectively.
Downloaded, Installed & operates as advertised, no surprises there.

Cheers & S'
Sik
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 26 queries.