Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Objectset1.1 - an alternative to autopop  (Read 427 times)

Nowekat

• Modder
Objectset1.1 - an alternative to autopop
« on: August 10, 2018, 01:12:58 PM »

A while ago i posted in a wip map thread an alternative and easier to use prog to the autopop.exe i called objectset.exe. This doesn't need a mapsize.txt and is much less error-prone. It also allows higher population resolutions as the usual 200 meters as it populates areas of 20, 25, 50 and 100 square meters. This works of course only if the specific part of the buildings template is also populated. But it doesn't work properly with the usual 200 meter resolution. So i reworked it now to fix this and now it also works with the 200 meter properly.

There where some downloads but no commends, so i don't know if anyone used ist. Nevertheless i post the fixed version 1.1 as there seem to be some problems to use the autopop and this prog is much more comfortable.

You may download the new version of the tool here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7wdhpfmg8y6dp3n/Objectset1.1.7z/file

Firstly you have to rename your map_t.tga as map_tBIG.tga (not case sensitive).

When using the 200 meter resolution just paint your townes and villages as usual. Name your buildings template corresponding to the colour you painted the area to populate with. So if you painted a city or a part of it in colour 16, name the template 16.txt and so on.

Run the prog and type in the colour to populate, thats "16" as an example, and press enter. To prog than creates an inBuildings(colour).txt. This would be an "inBuildings16.txt" here. You may use any greyscale colour to paint the towns but of course the colour should not appear otherwise in the map_t.

To use a smaller resolution enlarge the map_t depending to the resolution (20, 25, 50, 100 meter) you want to use. Thats why i chose the name "map_tBIG.tga". Enlargement factor = 200/resolution. If the chosen resolution is 25 meter: 200/25 = 8, you have to enlarge a 1200 * 800 map_t 8 times to a 9600 * 6400 greyscale with "no" interpolation. This may be a problem with big maps, i don't know the limits in picture sizes. Name the picture also map_tBIG.tga. Paint over your towns as you want. Pin size is always: 1 Pixel = resolution in meter. Paint over also streets and rails in towns in normal paint mode.

Open the objectset.ini and change the resolution to the chosen value and save. Run the prog, insert the colour to populate, press enter and ready.

When using a higher resolution the main problem is that the texture tile size of 200 * 200 meter is much to big and the texture will be only partly populated. So this feature may be best when no specific buildings texture is used at all.

This version 1.2 also populates texture tiles with roads and rails. I simply forgott this in version 1.1.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/piaqwh993zpwabc/Objectset1.2.7z/file

Nowekat

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
Re: Objectset1.1 - an alternative to autopop
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 11:24:56 AM »

Sounds very interesting! Thank you so much!  8)
I will test it!
Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Nowekat

• Modder
Re: Objectset1.1 - an alternative to autopop
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 03:48:43 PM »

I use to paint towns and villages to an extra layer of the map_t without streets and rails, so i simply forgott to take them into account. So the tool doesn't populate texture tiles with roads and rails. But of course it may be also usefull to paint towns and villages directly in the map_t and there may be allready roads and rails running trough the towns. The version 1.2 also populates such areas. This works of course only if the map_t (or better: the colour to populate) is within the colour range of 0 to 31 (+ roads and rails). But apart of this the tool still also populats any colour higher than 31 up to colour 255.

The new version is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/piaqwh993zpwabc/Objectset1.2.7z/file

Nothing else is changed, so this also works with a resolution from 20 to 200 Meter (200 mod resolution must be "0", so in theory also a resolution of 1 meter should work ;-))

There arn't many comments to the tool but it seems every mapper worldwide downloaded it ;-), so i think this additional feature may be wishfull. Nevertheless a feedback would be wellcomed.

Novekat
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 26 queries.