Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Boeing B-52 Stratofortress by Ranwers - V1.1 patch 20180817  (Read 43269 times)

Couragecougar

Re: Boeing B-52 Stratofortress by Ranwers - V1.0
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2018, 10:01:03 PM »

The big bad BUFF in all its glory!

Many thanks!

MADMICK71

• FACTIS NON VERBIS
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2018, 10:27:06 PM »

Hi max,

Nuke loadouts as I have them:

B-52D Conventional bomber no nukes. lots of mk82 84 and 117 including external wing racks!.

B series US  - B28,B61 and B83 freefall bombs- different yields and some para verions.
B-52H and H late also have chaff/Flare countermeasures and working RWR and low altitude warning "Bitching Betty". See post 1 re each models role etc.

Regards

Mick.
FACTIS NON VERBIS

DU30

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2018, 11:21:05 PM »

thank you so much

SaS~JackS

• BUFF Driver
  • SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2018, 04:06:42 AM »

Hi Folks,

I have 2200 hours as a D Aircraft Commander with 115 missions in Vietnam so, when I get it to work (I get 0 frames when loaded on a good machine), I will weigh in with some actual pilot suggestions.

When we were not flying out of Guam, we were standing nuke alert - 346 BS, 99th Bomb Wing, Westover AFB, MA.

As an aside, this was the only USAF aircraft, at the time, that took off with full flaps. Climb rate out of Guam at 450,000 pounds with 108 Mk82 in this old bird was 500  fpm at max without over temping the engines, was sometimes a bear to refuel (track was over Philippines and necessary to reach target). Usual flight time 10 - 12 hours.

Best Regards,

Jack

P51vsFw190

• Flying Ass Clown #5/#7
  • Supporter
  • Connoisseur of strange aircraft
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2018, 04:52:44 AM »

At Westover you say. Thats just a few minutes north of me.

Did you ever spend time at Fairchild out in Washington?
“German humor is no laughing matter”

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2018, 07:25:39 AM »

SaS~JackS Thanks for dropping by, I am happy to see you.  8)

Since you do know this aircraft better than most us, we would appreciate your know how on how to fly it better,
and
I would also like to paint for you a skin depicting your "BUFF".  I want to fly your B-52 too!
Do you have any pictures of certains details of it?  Did it have any side paintings or unique details ?
I will need to know the color it used, and numbers also,

I hope that the skins I made are close to what the aircraft was like in its design and details, but some things I could
not paint due to the size limitations  and the 3d-model itself. If you see any details that need fixing, tell me, and I will
make the necessary changes.
Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2018, 10:08:21 AM »

Very nice!
I am currently testing this in the upcoming BAT pack :D

advice:
1. put in chocks before starting up engines (otherwise there is a heavy bounce that throws you out of direction and you won't be able to correct)
2. Full flaps deployed (Nice advice, JackS)
3. spool up some and then release the chocks, go into full throttle. (there will still be some bouncing but that will subside as you speed up)
You should be making a nice straight bee line now towards the end of the runway.

If you have selected a payload which is not maxing it out, you can just scratch the Buff off from the very last meter of runway of a random Il-2 concrete airstrip :P (Just did so on Balaton, blue scramble in QMB with 27x Mk82)

steven197106

• Observer
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2018, 10:40:33 AM »

Thanks ranwers and team  :P now we need a map , Marianas Expanded has Guam on this needs updating to fit the B-52,  SAS~Bombsaway  ;), https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,21638.0.html
i7-5820k CPU 3.30gHZ, 16 GB ram, RTX 2080 Graphic card, 49" CHG90 QLED Gaming Monitor, VKB- T-Rudders Mk.III pedals, VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick with VPC Desk Mount, VPC Extensions Set with a thrustmaster warthog grip on the stick, saitek TPM System, thrustmaster warthog throttle,

Koty

• Mr. MiG
  • Modder
  • It's a MiG!
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2018, 12:01:35 PM »

What a beast  o_O

Good work guys. Really lovely.

Two things:
1) this thing can definitely be put down with a joystick, you just have to be very gentle, the plane is quite a bit overly sensitive - meaning, the AI can do some... really interesting stuff with it.
2) the flaps extend... a bit too much? Vega, check the animation code and put the deflection to about a half of the current value, should work like a charm ;) It's this way at least on the F model.

Keep up the good work guys.
If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick.

Gubi

• Flying Ass Clown #34
  • Modder
  • RIP
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2018, 02:13:42 PM »

Thanx so much guys.  Cheers to Jack_S.  I don't have jetwar.  Don't really plan to get it yet.  I just want to say.  What a lovely bird.  PvF...I was at Fairchild AFB.  Our time was weekly rotation out to places unknown and unseen...in fact we weren't there at all...go smoke that. 

Anyway, cheers for such a wonderful achievement.

Gubi
I am a moron.

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2018, 04:39:06 PM »

Thanks ranwers and team  :P now we need a map , Marianas Expanded has Guam on this needs updating to fit the B-52,  SAS~Bombsaway  ;), https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,21638.0.html

I was looking around and The Alaska Man made some really great Jet War Era air bases. If someone had time and knows how to copy and paste in unlocked FMB, they could take his great bases and add them to any map with a little height work if needed to the land around it and you would have some great runways that this big girl could take off from with no problems.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

P51vsFw190

• Flying Ass Clown #5/#7
  • Supporter
  • Connoisseur of strange aircraft
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2018, 01:38:14 PM »

Gubi, what years were you there? My

boss and next door neighbor was there as a machinist in the mid Eighties.
“German humor is no laughing matter”
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 24 queries.