Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to download a torrent  (Read 1653 times)

deadstick88

How to download a torrent
« on: July 19, 2018, 01:08:32 PM »

I don't think I've ever torrented anything in my life.  Is there a program I need to do so and anything that I should know about the process?  I'm sorry I'm so clueless on this stuff but my only use for any of it is to scratch my virtual flying itch.

Rwatson

Re: How to download a torrent
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 06:21:43 PM »

I use U torrent but there are quite a few around like bit torrent..https://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-free-torrent-client

deadstick88

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 09:01:48 PM »

So I just download that torrent program and then what?  I am not kidding or exaggerating when I say that I am only computer literate at the most basic of levels.  I'm proficient with Microsoft Office, familiar enough with Windows (at least my old Win 7) that I am able to find my way around and through files so that I can customize my mods on different games now that I've learned the very basics of how these game folders are set up but beyond that I am essentially lost.  Because I do not know the "hows" or "whys" of any of this PC stuff I am largely dependent on direct and concise, step-by-step directions to do every process. 

I have no idea what a torrent file or torrenting are, so therefore I have not the slightest clue as to how to use a torrenting program to access these torrent files and apply them to my BAT install.  I'd also like to add that I'm the type of guy who likes to understand those "hows" and "whys" on anything I do or I feel uncomfortable.  I'm nervous with every new thing I do with my BAT install because I don't understand why I'm doing what I'm doing and I don't understand how it's working, you see?  I would liken it to two things that I am competent at, mechanics and gunsmithing;  if I didn't understand how internal combustion engines worked I would not attempt to tune cars nor would I accurize and modify rifles. Since this can't kill me like those hobbies can I do attempt things with modding but I am mightily uneasy with all of it. 

And while we're here discussing the above it would save me the trouble and the forum the clutter of yet another dumb thread by me if one of you helpful fellows would explain to me, step-by-step and detailed if you please, the method of installing Lowengren's DCG to BAT.  Many thanks in advance.

deadstick88

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 06:58:32 PM »

I know this is a really stupid question but still....nobody cares to help?

ecf111

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 09:59:23 PM »

Hi Deadstick,

As far as the torrent, the link Rwatson posted describes it pretty good. I also use Utorrent, you simply download the client, install and set it up, and usually it's as simple as clicking the torrent link and it will open up and start downloading.

I'm far from a computer whiz myself, but it's not too much harder then figuring out a zip program. The article describes pretty well how torrents can be good or bad.

Just give it a go, good luck!
Create.

Rwatson

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 02:11:21 AM »

Deadstick
   For most of the torrents here you need an extraction program like 7 Zip   https://www.7-zip.org/download.html download the exe for the OS version you are running...Them put your mouse pointer on the first file in what ever torrent you downloaded and a window will open.tell 7 zip where to extract it to,there should be a choice "Extract to (Whatever the name of the file you are extracting),It will be a choice in the window that showed and it will extract all the rest of the files into on master file Run that

KingTiger503

• Legendary History Luftwaffe Elite Ace ,,, FAC# 53
  • Supporter
  • KT503 Elite
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 03:08:43 AM »

You can Use Utorrent or Bittorrent for one time use, But WARNING, if Anyone used Two Torrents, it will be Conflict with other Torrents.

One time use, but Both Do not, Its your Own Risk for your Computer,

Best Regards KT503
My Greatest and Best Regards KT503

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 03:18:12 AM »

You can Use Utorrent or Bittorrent for one time use, But WARNING, if Anyone used Two Torrents, it will be Conflict with other Torrents.

One time use, but Both Do not, Its your Own Risk for your Computer,
^^Scratch that, it's all bull.
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Rwatson

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2018, 05:25:28 AM »

Dead Stick you got help ..how are you getting along with it all???

deadstick88

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 11:55:30 AM »

Dead Stick you got help ..how are you getting along with it all???

I'm going to give it all a go this evening, my wi-fi hotspot finally reverted back to 4G so I might have a tiny sliver of hope to be able to get these downloads done!  I will let you all know how my misadventures in modding go if I'm able to at least get the files downloaded.  Big thanks to all of you fellas for all the help so far.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 23 queries.