Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IL-2 isn't starting  (Read 115 times)

Silencer107

IL-2 isn't starting
« on: July 11, 2018, 11:27:07 PM »

The game doesn't even come up with a splash screen, I've tried just about everything around the conf file and I even bought the game on GOG to eliminate any steam issues. There's clearly something up.....

I'm on Win 7 64 bit and have an R9 290 AMD video card.

Other specs:
16 gb ram
I7 4790k

Here's the error from event viewer, it points to the same file on the steam version as well.

Faulting application name: il2fb.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x44fd7bbb
Faulting module name: jvm.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x3af53001
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000b08b0
Faulting process id: 0xd84
Faulting application start time: 0x01d413e728f69b88
Faulting application path: S:\GOG Games\IL-2\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\il2fb.exe
Faulting module path: S:\GOG Games\IL-2\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\bin\hotspot\jvm.dll
Report Id: 679561cd-7fda-11e8-84a1-448a5bd2a2aa

JVM points to something Java related I think. (Wonder if any jvm parameters in IL-2 selector will work?)

Also sometimes the game says it's not responding and points to a couple files in the temp folder in appdata, tried deleting those as well.

I've also re installed, verified integrity and messed with the setting exe on GOG (for some reason the setup exe isn't on the Steam install) and tried different versions and rollbacks on drivers.

I'm open to any suggestions cause I'm at a complete loss here, I'm betting registry error or something.

[FAC] Ghost129er

• FAC مشكلة كبيرة من
  • Modder
Re: IL-2 isn't starting
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 01:06:19 AM »

Nothing mentioned about you messing with Java and it wouldn't hurt to reinstall it but before you do that try going to your start menu, search for Java then tell us what you see.

If you have something like this I think you should be able to say that your Java is working, but you can never be sure. Click the 'About Java' and see if it tells you anything about the version/etc.

...والله مشكلة

Silencer107

Re: IL-2 isn't starting
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 12:14:06 AM »

Nothing mentioned about you messing with Java and it wouldn't hurt to reinstall it but before you do that try going to your start menu, search for Java then tell us what you see.

If you have something like this I think you should be able to say that your Java is working, but you can never be sure. Click the 'About Java' and see if it tells you anything about the version/etc.

Yeah I've already re-installed Java, I didn't roll it back or anything but I did uninstall and re install.

Here's an image of what I see when I type Java.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 26 queries.