Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Battle of Kasserine Map  (Read 8006 times)

Nowekat

• Modder
Re: Battle of Kasserine Map
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2018, 09:10:43 AM »

Do you mean WAW with BAT and the map builder with FMB (Not the mission builder)? Under WAW the game crashes for me even before loaded, so afaik the map builder does not work under WAW at all and the same may be with DOF, TGA and TJA, also i did not tested that. For me the map builder only works under Modact.

But the mission builder should work in every case. The files are ok. Possibly you may delete everything around the map and install it again. But you also may try the first version of the map dated some month ago: https://www.mediafire.com/file/n39ilbt9v568d3l/Kasserine.zip

If the map loads in the mission builder but doesn't save this will be caused by the first  mwactors.static from the 1.1. version with that objects mentioned above. Use the static.ini checker to verify this. The new mwactors.static, the link and name remained the same,

https://www.mediafire.com/file/mof99a837z816nb/KasserineV1.1.7z/file

will help.

Nowekat 

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2018, 11:53:12 AM »

Hi nowecat no just normal fmb all other maps open ok but kasserine just dumps me onto desktop each time i click it?  I havent tried making missions on it because it wont open.
Mick
Not a problem lots of other lovely maps to play with!
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

csvousden

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2018, 02:55:32 PM »

I also got it working in VPMod, but can only get the original map working in BAT-WAW3.

There must be something new in the actors static, maybe some objects that BAT doesn't have?

CV

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2018, 05:06:13 PM »

Although I have not downloaded this map, it looks really nice.  It's too bad that it has a problem saving.
But, since the map is so small with small villages, couldn't you just start from scratch and re-populate the map?
That wouldn't be too much work, would it?

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2018, 03:29:25 AM »

@Nowekat:
The map has really nice textures. indeed.
Just a note:
some AF have not objects "Runaway/ground", (red arrows),
for example  Bou Khadra, Cheria, Ogla Melha, perhaps some others.
These objects are there necessary as taking off and landing points for AI planes.

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2018, 04:50:27 AM »

Finally had to give up i have tried everything i can think of to get this map to open in fmb but the dreaded cotd happens everytime! I even tried with no actors.static but both old and new versions cotd! The log is the same each time pointing to an airfield issue i think? (See prior post) - my last try may be deleting both the airfield entries in the load.ini but that would probably be pointless and ruin the map.
Anybody got any ideas?
Using CUP which includes bits of VP and BAT. No issues witn any maps prior to this one???
Mick

UPDATE I am stumped I have tried everything, looked for mistakes in the load.ini, renamed everything to Kasserine2 as suggested, installed the older version, tried the whole damn thing but as soon as I click on the map entry in my FMB I get booted out straight back to desktop??? I have installed shed loads of maps so I know how to do it and how to look for errors but this one has me flummaxed!!
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2018, 09:00:13 AM »

I too gave up.
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

Nowekat

• Modder
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2018, 09:54:22 AM »

If the map doesn't save, check it with the static.iniChecker. What's missing and what installation or modul do you use and where is the static.ini from and how big is it?

Uzin: Thanks for the hint, the missing groundpoints are added to the download.

CzechTexan: Great joke!

I don't have a explanation for chrashes and can't investigate this as this doesn't happen to me. The only unusual thing i noticed, was an empty line at the top of the load.ini. The actors is not the reason and all files seem to be of proper size and kind. Some are already unchanged. Thats a riddle. Mostly the answer is unexpectedly.

Nowekat.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2018, 10:04:00 AM »

I have dumped the whole new folder into BAT, overwriting all of the old version.
Loads and saves

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2018, 10:08:21 AM »

@Mick and bomberkiller:
Did you tried Shift Tab?
There you can see missing textures.
The map opens readily in FMB of 4.13.4/6.40, as you can see from pics.
I was still lazy for objects hunting, so I have not yet map saving missions.

Nowekat

• Modder
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2018, 10:37:08 AM »

This seems to be the first version, not 1.1, where the ed_m looks different. Possibly the maps and the maps folder must be renamed under waw, im not shure about this, as i firstly installed it there faulty.

Nowekat

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2018, 10:38:41 PM »

Hi Uzin i cant open the map to check m8 instant cotd when clicked in fmb
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 23 queries.