Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bite of the Black Widow  (Read 596 times)

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • The man of a million fixes
Re: Bite of the Black Widow
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 12:12:26 AM »

yep, that's the way.
As a general tip for mass conversions, it's useful to have a tool like "MassSearchAndReplace" (for example) which can exchange a snip of text like air.xxxx, map name or ground object lines in many files at once.

once you found the correct substitute you don't have to go through the motions over and over, the tool does that for you.

DHumphrey

• Campaign / Mission Builder
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2018, 01:43:37 PM »

yep, that's the way.
As a general tip for mass conversions, it's useful to have a tool like "MassSearchAndReplace" (for example) which can exchange a snip of text like air.xxxx, map name or ground object lines in many files at once.

once you found the correct substitute you don't have to go through the motions over and over, the tool does that for you.
WOW !!! That sounds like an awesome tool to use VP.  :)  I hope "mechanic" can use this tool to his advantage and convert the campaign to a B.A.T. friendly version without issue.
Sincerely, DHumphrey

mechanic

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2018, 02:18:22 PM »

Unfortunately, not so fast. I have used a batch mass folder and file renaming tool in the past and downloaded the Mass Search and Replace text utility (thanks for the tip VP - a generally helpful tool) The utility worked to effect the mass replacement in the .mis files but the edited files would not load. So I had/have to either go into each mission file and search and replace manually (which sometimes did not load) or load the .mis file in FMB and edit directly by replacing objects. When I go back in to the edited files after a FMB update the same edits I tried to make manually or through the utility seemed to be there so I don't know what voodoo FMB does but that method works most of the time.  I have completed Missions 1-10 (although had to trade in the Willy's jeeps (showing up with no wheels) for a Dodge 64 and swapped in a 2.5 Ton truck with round wheels for the 1.5 Truck with white square wheels (I must be missing updated objects files even with BAT 3.3.1). I also successfully updated Missions 21 and 22 (skipped ahead) but can't make headway with Mission 11 or 23 - they won't load, or won't accept the edit, as when I try to load the mission it keeps saying I'm missing [MAIN] - but it shows in the edit.  I'll try tackling it again starting with Mission 12.  Also the beautiful skins DHumphrey uses on his P-61's don't work on the BAT models -  I get that crazy quilt look - so I have substituted the skins that came with the BAT P-61 models although I hated to lose DHumprey's historical aspects.  On the positive side all the maps seem to be working in the missions that I have been able to Bat-icize.  Anyway, time to get back to the workshop.
Mechanic
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 26 queries.