Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: SAS BoX Server ("The Flying Ass Clowns")  (Read 34168 times)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: SAS BoX Server ("The Flying Ass Clowns")
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2018, 09:30:03 AM »

Alright guys, we're back in business.
Reason for the DServer.exe crash has been found - of course not by the devs, but by myself.
It's whenever there's an AI Pe-2 ser.87 on airspawn, DServer.exe will crash. Changing the same plane to ser.35 fixes it temporarily.
What a nice bug...

The good news is that there's still just a handful of servers back online and we get our fair share of players now.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2018, 09:37:13 AM »

]cheers[   Prosit  ;)
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

sniperton

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2018, 09:44:10 AM »

Oh my gauche, the new blister turret bug...

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/38016-pe2-ser87-blister-turret-ctd/

Really, what 'nice' bug

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2018, 10:00:53 AM »

Yep, unfortunately it has been posted to the dump, read: Not on the moderated, well formatted dedicated bug report threads.
All the other threads of that bug report forum are simply for the bin as it's literally impossible to spot anything useful inside that clutter.
Too bad nearly no one cares to simply format their bug reports and put them to the moderated threads.

]cheers[
Mike

SAS~Skylla

• Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2018, 10:16:40 AM »

glad to hear you could find the issue so fast, Mike! Thanks a lot :D
When all else fails: read the instructions!

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2018, 10:21:27 AM »

You're welcome.
On that opportunity, I've cut the list of available planes on the mud mover bases a bit (because we still cannot prohibit the default payload), and the new planes (Fw 190 A-8, Fokker Dr.I and Spad XIII) have been added to both AI and player spawns.
Oh, and the new tanks are available on the spawn points too, and a couple of russian tanks have been replaced by KV-1 tanks now, in the hope to counter the germans who usually simply overrun that russian tank column.

]cheers[
Mike

sniperton

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2018, 10:42:10 AM »

All the other threads of that bug report forum are simply for the bin as it's literally impossible to spot anything useful inside that clutter.
Too bad nearly no one cares to simply format their bug reports and put them to the moderated threads.

Yep, but it's understandable to some extent. People want confirmation first, and when the bug is confirmed by others, they lean back in the good faith that someone from the devs monitors these threads regularly to pick up issues to be solved. You're quite right it's a wastebin, but unless it's announced there in large neon-red capital letters, 'Let off the steam, no one else reads', nothing will change.  ]pottytrain5[

BTW congrats to successfully tracking down the problem, and thanks for the solution.  ]cheers[

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2018, 11:57:57 AM »

Well speaking of "solution", I'm just looking at the server console and see how the server is frequently plotting the "overload" dots.
What a pity, this means that instead of eventually fixing the DServer CPU load issue with AI planes, they managed to make matters worse :-[

SAS~Skylla

• Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2018, 12:41:10 PM »

I was on the server over the last hour. While I saw that overload message popping up again two or three times, I could not spot any "errative behaviour". Then again, I am more focused on hunting tanks.

Apart from that I haven't enjoyed myself that much for quite some time. Over the time I was flying there were new guys popping in and out .. 'it was a hoot', as Gubi would've said ..
And as someone who came late to the party for '46 online flying, this is something new for me, and nice at that.
Go figure, there were people battling each others with tanks (one even was barefaced enough to turn his MG at my Sturmovik ;D) and all other targets were in use, too .. it was fun to just watch all that for some time.
When all else fails: read the instructions!

sniperton

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2018, 01:29:39 PM »

What a pity, this means that instead of eventually fixing the DServer CPU load issue with AI planes, they managed to make matters worse :-[

Perhaps just nitpicking, but I guess it's not only a DServer issue, for me it seems to be a more general optimization issue related to how flight data and/or combat decisions are processed. I mostly fly offline stock campaigns on a budget rig (i5-6500), and I experience significant slow-downs when bad weather is combined with a great many actors. On top of that, not even time compression works the was as it did prior to 3.000, a clear sign of a CPU limit newly introduced.  :-[

sniperton

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2018, 05:39:33 PM »

Sorry again, but reload a track and measure the time (and monitor the processes) between loaded to 100% and actually shown. Minutes on my crap system.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2018, 11:35:14 PM »

I was on the server over the last hour. While I saw that overload message popping up again two or three times, I could not spot any "errative behaviour". Then again, I am more focused on hunting tanks.

Apart from that I haven't enjoyed myself that much for quite some time. Over the time I was flying there were new guys popping in and out .. 'it was a hoot', as Gubi would've said ..
Thanks for the report Skylla.
Indeed the Server was crowded.
We've had 20 players on the 5PM mission and 35 on the 7:30PM one.
This would probably have continued, but unfortunately the Pe-2 ser.87 blister turret bug isn't the only one, since this is solved now (by workaround) but DServer.exe crashed on 8:13PM nevertheless (all times are GMT).
It's a bummer.
I'll try to get a watchdog done that will restart the server in case of such crashes.

]cheers[
Mike
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 16   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 25 queries.